The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Made a million on paper

tchandy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Aug 16, 2007
Kansas, for now
I just picked up my fifth property and based on recent home prices and my other investments, I have a little over $1million dollars on paper. My road took me about 15 years when I bought my first mutual fund. Since then I have read countless of books, watched videos, created websites, started blogging, and meet some great people along the way. Plus one of these years I'll make it to the Arizona for one of the weekend getaways. I'll be moving to El Paso so the odds of getting there seem likely.

Now I'm looking to change my focus and looking at other areas to increase my wealth but mainly on the income level.

Having a million or more makes you think about things differently.

Best of luck to everyone on similar paths.

Tom

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RBefort

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 14, 2012
I see you're in Kansas; so am I? Is all this stuff found on the blog about your adventures, or can you share more about the stuff you've done?

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Where do you own most of your properties? If you move, how do you plan on managing them?

tchandy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Aug 16, 2007
Kansas, for now
I see you're in Kansas; so am I? Is all this stuff found on the blog about your adventures, or can you share more about the stuff you've done?

None of my real estate is on the blogs. I keep that separate. Maybe one day I'll blog about my real estate ventures.

Nothing I did was complicated. I never felt comfortable flipping homes and am just a buy and hold investor. Maybe I'll sell one or two homes to move up the ladder for a bigger property but that takes a little more time if I not in the area where the homes are located. Plus I have to get my wife on board with the deal.

I'm in the Army and bought houses at places I was stationed and I picked up one home where I grew up in Philly.

Most were bought with a FHA loan, one with a VA loan, and the last home I assumed the mortgage.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

tchandy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Aug 16, 2007
Kansas, for now
Where do you own most of your properties? If you move, how do you plan on managing them?

One home is in Hawaii and the rest are in southern states, Texas, Arizona, and Louisiana, except for the Philly home.

The homes are managed by property managers. I really didn't have the time to be a property manager especially since I spent a few years overseas. Everyone has their own opinion about property managers but I keep in touch with them often so they know what I'm thinking.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Congrats!

Are you talking about equity or house value?

tchandy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Aug 16, 2007
Kansas, for now
Congrats!

Are you talking about equity or house value?

They're the house value. A few homes will be paid off in a few years.

tchandy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Aug 16, 2007
Kansas, for now
Good work! Hard work pays off and if this were 15 years in the making looks like you followed your course man :)

I was a late bloomer. Like many, you just have to find your way and what interests you and then just stay focused to achieve your goal.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.