The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

LP Hacked

LaughedAt

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Sep 20, 2007
Israel
Yep, anyone noticed that? Saudi hackers it says, I hope this time they backed their data, it looks really bad!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
The server wasn't compromised or they would have changed the welcome page... probly running outdated forum software.

This is quite common with VB, as there are a whole host of new back doors always being exploited....reason for the updates some of the time. I've been lit up by some sand bitches before on my sites.... actually they took it kinda easy on LP. lol

Aside from running the current version, always be sure to follow additional security features. For example, depending on the version being run, as with wordpress and many others cms's, upload a blank index.html file in the plugins folder to avoid security leak ideas. (most come from plugins used; at least the easier breeches)

There is a step by step process somewhere, either vbulletin support forum or vb.org for anyone that is in the VB boat. Follow it meticulously after having issues.

Oh, I think we've been over this before, so you might try searching here if you're looking for the links.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jaytrader43

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
May 26, 2008
Jamaica
They most likely used an exploit from milw0rm...anybody could do it with a computer and a few seconds to spare...

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
ok so Ill ask... whats lp?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.