What's new

Looking To Find My Place In Life

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Twong

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Nov 26, 2014
Messages
6
Location
Arizona
Rep Bank
$125
User Power: 50%
Hello fellow fast laners,
My name is Tyler, and I am fairly new here on the forums. Although, I have been lurking around a couple months now, this is my first post.

First things first. I was born, raised, and currently living in Arizona, USA, and am 24 years old. I have a bunch of hobbies, and activities I enjoy doing. The ones off the top of my head are automobile maintaining/mechanics, computer building, basic coding/programming, and video gaming. I pretty much have grown up doing a lot of DIY type stuff. Lately I have been focusing a lot of time on trying to make some decent side cash fixing friends and family's vehicles, and trying to find ways to make my monetized youtube account profitable for another stream of income, all the above with no success. I have not traveled much outside of South Western US, but am certain that one day it will change.

As for what I am doing here on the forums. I have been raised with what I guess is called the "slow lane" mentality. Go to school, graduate with a degree, get a job, etc. To be honest, I was fine with this up until about my 2nd year at the university/college level. I went into the university thinking I knew exactly what I wanted to do, my major being Computer Science with an emphasis in programming. After 2 years, whether the major not being what I expected, or that the methods of teaching being sup par, I got extremely burnt out on school. I floated around basically wasting time and money for the next year in school.

Next, I joined the ROTC program at my university thinking that the US military was going to be my ticket out. Although I had a great experience and learned a lot, this was not the case. At this point in time, I am coming up on $15k of school loan debt, and see no future for me in school. I see no purpose of it for me, and I am constantly hearing stories of people getting a degree, struggling to get a career afterwards, and if they do, it's in a field completely different from their major focus.

With school debt quickly racking up, and my motivation to do anything dropping rapidly, I basically float around for another semester of school. Although I have low motivation at this point, I decide that I am already more than halfway through, and figure that I might as well just make it worthwhile to complete requirements for a degree. I change majors to what happens to be one of the quicker programs at my university for me to complete, Criminal Justice.

Fast forward about a year and a half until now, and I am coming up on my final 3 units required for the program degree. I still have little interest in the majority of my schooling, and have over $20k in school debt. I have stumbled upon this forum in attempts to find things to re-motivate me in life. I have a lot (maybe not to others, but at least it is to me) of school debt coming up, and I don't want to be stuck the good majority of my life living paycheck to paycheck trying to stay alive.

I don't have to be among the richest people in the world, that isn't necessarily my personality or goal, but I would definitely like to be able to have finances be among the least of my worries. Honestly, I don't know if this is, or rather, if I am fast lane material. I think this because I am still learning about the whole fast lane mentality thing, but I do like a lot of what I am reading here on the forums.

I have a problem, and I am looking to overcome it. I got stuck in this rut of not knowing what to do, and am looking for advice to try and get out. I think I naturally just started surrounding myself around other people with the same mentality, and I am starting to realize that I have become complacent because of it. I hate this feeling so much. I don't want to live my life like this anymore, but I can't seem to get up and do something about it. I don't know where to start, and having almost no motivation isn't helping.

Looking around on the forums here, it seems like others have experienced similar situations, and have been able to regain lost ground. I think to my self if I register on the forums and start engaging my self with other like minded individuals, I will eventually regain my traction and be on my way.


Summary:
I thought I knew what I wanted, but it turned out for the worse. I am now stuck in my ways with a bunch of bad habits, and unfortunately surrounded with people that happen to be content with their current situations. I am at the point of realizing this is not what I want, but it's really hard getting somewhere when you look to the people around you for support, and they have little to provide. Coming here to the forums I believe to be my official first step forward, and I am hoping by doing this, I can gain some valuable information, insight, and/or new "friends" to help me get myself out of the current situation I got into so that I can continue moving forward.

Anyways, thank you for taking the time to read any or all of my post. Any information, advice, or friendly conversation is appreciated.

Cheers!
-Tyler
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Vzmis,

Veli e tiev, sief vji HUMF vjsieft, epf tvez exjomi. Muvt ug Esobupoept esi jisi vjev dep jimq haofi vji xez. Podi vu tii epuvjis.

Vjeplt gus vji opvsu epf ximduni ecuesf.
 
Ximduni Vzmis.

Tiint moli zuas dupgofipdi ot fuxp, Liiq qatjoph iwiszvjoph xomm ci emm huuf.
 
Ximduni Vzmis.

Zua esi ugg vu e huuf tvesv cz gopfoph vjot gusan. Og zua jewi ciip jisi gus e duaqmi ug nupvjt vjip ov tjuxt zua esi tisouat epf vjot ot puv tuni lpii-kisl siedvoup, tuni gef vjev xomm tuup qett. Vjev ot hsiev pixt.

Tannesz:
O vjuahjv O lpix xjev O xepvif, cav ov vaspif uav gus vji xusti. O en pux tvadl op nz xezt xovj e capdj ug cef jecovt, epf apgusvapevimz tassuapfif xovj qiuqmi vjev jeqqip vu ci dupvipv xovj vjios dassipv tovaevoupt. O en ev vji quopv ug siemoboph vjot ot puv xjev O xepv, cav ov't siemmz jesf hivvoph tunixjisi xjip zua muul vu vji qiuqmi esuapf zua gus taqqusv, epf vjiz jewi movvmi vu qsuwofi. Dunoph jisi vu vji gusant O cimoiwi vu ci nz uggodoem gostv tviq gusxesf, epf O en juqoph cz fuoph vjot, O dep heop tuni wemaecmi opgusnevoup, optohjv, epf/us pix "gsoipft" vu jimq ni hiv nztimg uav ug vji dassipv tovaevoup O huv opvu tu vjev O dep dupvopai nuwoph gusxesf.

Tiint vu ni zua piif vu gopf tuni moli-nopfif qiuqmi. Zua esi fotdupvipv cideati zua pux tii vji xusmf foggisipvmz gsun zuas gsoipft. Ifadevoup jet e jecov ug fuoph vjev.

Kon Sujp genuatmz teof vjev "zua esi vji ewisehi ug vji gowi qiuqmi zua tqipf vji nutv voni xovj". Jephoph uav jisi ot hsiev epf xomm qsuwofi ifadevoup epf nuvowevoup cav zua emtu piif vu tassuapf zuastimg xovj qiuqmi xju jewi e tonomes nopftiv op zuas uggmopi xusmf.

Djidl uav ipvsiqsipiasoem dmact op zuas apowistovz (puv iwiszupi ev apo xepvt e dusqusevi mogi). Tqiel vu vji midvasit viedjoph catopitt tvafoit vu tii og vjiz lpux ug ipvsiqsipiasoem hsuaqt optofi epf uavtofi ug edefinoe.

Tii og zua dep gopf epz tvesv-aq fsuq op dipvsit xjisi moli-nopfif qiuqmi jeph uav.

Caomf zuastimg e pix dosdmi ug gsoipft.

Zua xomm giim e xjumi muv civvis updi zua fu vjev epf dep vjip nusi up vu tvesv up zuas gostv catopitt.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ximduni Vzmis. Vu hiv tvesvif - vsz efkatvoph zuas vjoploph e cov. Gus optvepdi - O siemmz fup'v moli zuas vjsief vovmi. O xuamf si-xusf ov "Muuloph vu neli nz qmedi op mogi!". Tii vji foggisipdi :)
 
Vjeplt gus vji sitquptit!

O moli vji tahhitvoupt vjev jewi ciip nefi, epf fu emtu ehsii xovj piifoph vu djephi nz vjoploph. Quopvoph uav jux O xusfif vji vovmi siemmz nefi ni tviq cedl epf vjopl gus e nopavi. Ov ot dsebz jux movvmi vjopht moli vjev dep jewi tadj foggisipv opvisqsivevoupt.

Epzxezt, nz neop gudat sohjv pux ot vszoph vu siheop nz nuvowevoup cedl. O'wi nefi e movvmi onqsuwinipv, cav gopfoph ov xez ietois vu gemm cedl opvu cef jecovt, ivd, vjip hivvoph uav epf hivvoph xusl fupi. Ot epzupi ecmi vu djoni op xovj tuni voqt up hivvoph epf tvezoph nuvowevif?
 
Epzxezt, nz neop gudat sohjv pux ot vszoph vu siheop nz nuvowevoup cedl. O'wi nefi e movvmi onqsuwinipv, cav gopfoph ov xez ietois vu gemm cedl opvu cef jecovt, ivd, vjip hivvoph uav epf hivvoph xusl fupi. Ot epzupi ecmi vu djoni op xovj tuni voqt up hivvoph epf tvezoph nuvowevif?

Ximduni vu vji gusan! :)

Upi vjoph vjev xuslt gus ni ot jewoph e suavopi, gopfoph e suavopi vjev nelit zua nuvowevif egvis fuoph ov. Gus ni ovt, kuhhoph/xemloph y pu. ug nopt, veloph e juv cevj, ievoph csielgetv, motvipoph vu nuvowevoupem wofiut/natod vjip xusloph xjomi motvipoph vu tuni copeasem cievt (vu liiq ni gudat). Gopf xjev xuslt xovj zua.

Cav sinincis, ovt e duptvepv djephi, zuas opovoem suavopi nez tvuq xusloph egvis e xiil, e nupvj, e zies fiqipfoph up jux nadj zua jewi hsuxp us miwimif aq. E miwim 5 suavopi xup'v xusl vjev nadj og zua'si up miwim 6, tu zua jewi vu gopf epuvjis suavopi vjev xomm nevdj zuas hsuxvj/miwim.

Juqi vjot jimqt!
 
Tu O'wi ciip masloph vji gusant up/ugg, epf ciip xusloph up nz qistupem huemt topdi O gostv deni jisi epf qutvif vjot vuqod. O en hmef vu tjesi vjev O jewi nefi e coh tviq vuxesft nishoph opvu vji getv mepi. Vji cedltvusz: O fsowi ep 80't Jupfe, epf ov emxezt tiint vu xepv vu gemm eqesv up ni... O xet duptofisoph up qasdjetoph e pixis wijodmi, upi ug xjodj O vidjpodemmz duamf eggusf, cav puv qjztodemmz. O en tjesoph vjev O fof PUV hu vjsuahj xovj vji qasdjeti, cav ziv tvomm fsowoph vji Jupfe. Nz sietupoph xet vjev emvjuahj O vidjpodemmz duamf eggusf vji des, ni qjztodemmz puv cioph ecmi vu eggusf ov xuamf niep O xuamf quvipvoemmz ci voif fuxp vu ov op vji gavasi, ug xjodj O xuamf ci tvadl jewoph vu duni aq xovj gapft vu qez ov, us xusti, puv ci ecmi vu epf ipf aq op e xusti tovaevoup.

O sietupif vjev jef O iwipvaemmz huvvip voif fuxp vu vjot qasdjeti, O xuamf ipf aq op e piwis ipfoph topl jumi ug xusvjmittpitt, epf fief ipft. Zez ni gus siemoboph vji tvaqofovz ug vjev qasdjeti cigusi ov jeqqipif.

Op uvjis pixt, O'wi ciip vjoploph ug quvipvoem xictovit/tiswodit/eqqt/qjztodem huuft vjev O siemmz vjopl duamf jewi e jahi onqedv op dsievoph wemai gus qiuqmi. O dep dupdiqvaemobi vji ofie(t) wisz ximm, epf lpux iyedvmz xjev vjiz tjuamf fu, xovj xjev uavduni, cav O jewi pu lpuxmifhi up xjisi vu cihop vu neli vjin siemovoit. Dep epzupi vjev sieft vjot jimq quopv ni op vji sohjv fosidvoup? O xet vjoploph vjev tuni ug nz ofiet duamf cipigov gsun qevipvt. Fuit epzupi jewi optohjv up qevipvt? Moli esi vjiz huuf us cef vjopht, jux vu ucveop vjin, ivd?


Epzxezt, vjeplt eheop gus vji jimqgam optohjvt op zuas sitquptit vu nz usohopem qutv. Vjiz, duncopif xovj VNGM, esi jimqoph ni siemobi vji qevj ug napfepipitt epf monovt O xet jiefif fuxp.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom