The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Looking for some advice on affiliate broker for betting sites

bbtb

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Jun 28, 2017
pembrokeshire
Hi! I recently joined the site and after reading some inspirational stories and advice I am looking to set up something myself.

A bit of background (skip this para if its not of interest!), I am 31, Have a Business and Management degree and live in the UK. Been married 4 years and just had our first child 5 months ago. I am at a point where I my wife is not working on maternity and we literally cant afford to pay the bills. The savings we have will be gone before the end of the year so I am looking for life change. I have always wanted to run my own business but never had an idea I could back 100% and risk my job, house etc (Although I do wish I developed my crowdfunding idea before it became a thing!)

I am looking to set up a website with a facebook support group which gives advice on risk free gambling. The idea being that people will click through my links to the bookmaker sites and I will earn commission through the affiliated links. I have applied to a few sites to become an affiliate but was declined based on that the website promotes taking advantage of bookies offers. (I didn't see it as a problem because what it involves is betting without a worry if it wins or looses which I thought would appeal to the bookmakers)

I have tried to look at my competitors links to see how they do it but I cannot figure it out. Is there some sort of affiliate broker that I can join and they provide the links? Its only something that you can do in the UK as most of the offers are region locked.

This would be a low maintenance site with helping the support group being the only time consuming aspect which I could work around.

Many thanks in advance.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
356%
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania
What is "risk free gambling"? I'm not understanding the value you are providing to people.

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
356%
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania
Never heard of that, but I also don't put tons of time into gambling.
To answer your original question, there are two ways I know of for affiliate deals. First is going through an affiliate broker (the ones I'm familiar with are websites that list a bunch of affiliate deals). The second is going directly to the end company and negotiating your own affiliate deal with a tracking system.

bbtb

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Jun 28, 2017
pembrokeshire
Never heard of that, but I also don't put tons of time into gambling.
To answer your original question, there are two ways I know of for affiliate deals. First is going through an affiliate broker (the ones I'm familiar with are websites that list a bunch of affiliate deals). The second is going directly to the end company and negotiating your own affiliate deal with a tracking system.

Thanks yes I have tried the direct route but they didn't approve based on what I was offering was going to cost them money! I struggled to find any affiliate brokers that listed betting sites, do you know any names?

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
356%
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania
Thanks yes I have tried the direct route but they didn't approve based on what I was offering was going to cost them money! I struggled to find any affiliate brokers that listed betting sites, do you know any names?
Not off the top of my head - again, not my area of expertise. Maybe someone with more experience will chime in.
Based on my limited time on the forum, I don't think there are a ton of affiliate experts.

Christopher777

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Jun 13, 2017
Manila, Philippines
Have you tried looking at offervault? In the past I have managed to join a handful of affiliate CPAs because I had a website and had studied how to easily get accepted. You have to show them that you're serious and capable of promoting their offers. A site or blog would be a persuasive indicator. I just deferred my CPA activites because I lacked advertising capital back then.

I also remember using quantcast to check the demographics of people that visit the sites and then study their ads.

Last edited:

bbtb

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Jun 28, 2017
pembrokeshire
Have you tried looking at offervault? In the past I have managed to join a handful of affiliate CPAs because I had a website and had studied how to easily get accepted. You have to show them that you're serious and capable of promoting their offers. A site or blog would be a persuasive indicator. I just deferred my CPA activites because I lacked advertising capital back then.

I also remember using quantcast to check the demoraphics of people that visit sites and then study their ads.
Thanks I will take a look.

Sfbloo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 9, 2017
Uk
Funnily enough I've started on this road to. I'm uk based. I know exactly what your talking about as its been my "additional income" for the last two years. I bought a relevant domain a month or so ago just haven't commited.

My main concern is liability as effectively your telling the bookie what you've been doing. I've spoken to a couple of affiliate site owners and asked if they had any issue getting affiliate links and both said the bookie didn't care. Things have changed though and this is mainstream now. Lots of other sites have taken the market and would be difficult to beat... primarily because for this to work i think you need a strong community. It is a high barrier to break the existing ones.

Can you think of a twist or anything else you can offer not already out there?

Personally I'm planning on using this field to learn a few things...wordpress, css, landing pages, marketing campaigns and maybe ppc / fb ads, copy. Ive read so many gold threads on here I feel like my head is abouts to burst so now need to take action and develop my skills

I think the ship has maybe sailed but if I can learn and bring in any small account whilst funding other ideas then that's a bonus.

Good luck whichever way you proceed

bbtb

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Jun 28, 2017
pembrokeshire
Funnily enough I've started on this road to. I'm uk based. I know exactly what your talking about as its been my "additional income" for the last two years. I bought a relevant domain a month or so ago just haven't commited.

My main concern is liability as effectively your telling the bookie what you've been doing. I've spoken to a couple of affiliate site owners and asked if they had any issue getting affiliate links and both said the bookie didn't care. Things have changed though and this is mainstream now. Lots of other sites have taken the market and would be difficult to beat... primarily because for this to work i think you need a strong community. It is a high barrier to break the existing ones.

Can you think of a twist or anything else you can offer not already out there?

Personally I'm planning on using this field to learn a few things...wordpress, css, landing pages, marketing campaigns and maybe ppc / fb ads, copy. Ive read so many gold threads on here I feel like my head is abouts to burst so now need to take action and develop my skills

I think the ship has maybe sailed but if I can learn and bring in any small account whilst funding other ideas then that's a bonus.

Good luck whichever way you proceed

Thanks. The ones I have tried said no as they dont like match betting so I need a new tact... I think its a saturated market but with starting with the people I know and good advertising plan I think I can do ok. If not I will only loose the time I put into it. I managed to earn 6k in 10 weeks so I think I have something to offer :)

Sfbloo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 9, 2017
Uk
Thanks. The ones I have tried said no as they dont like match betting so I need a new tact... I think its a saturated market but with starting with the people I know and good advertising plan I think I can do ok. If not I will only loose the time I put into it. I managed to earn 6k in 10 weeks so I think I have something to offer :)

That's good going. A lot more than I was making when I started. Well done on looking at other options to. Those accounts don't last long... I've been on the last crumbs for a while. Mb does give you that financial injection and motivation to want more.

I've seen so many people moaning when the gravy train ends and they haven't put any aside to at least try something else.

Ha no one knows I do it. Other than family. Secret shame and all that. To much judging as its around gambling though admittedly I was sceptical at the start. I only went with it as it was on mse!!

I wish you luck. One thing to consider. If they are asking for a web site to consider your application. Throw up a dummy page..... just reviews of bookies and why you like them, what offers they have.... get your affiliate links then change it.

bbtb

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Jun 28, 2017
pembrokeshire
Haha, I actually feel silly for assuming it was seedy. It's an interesting concept; so you're leveraging bets against different brokers that offer different odds?

Haha basically at the start you go through all the bookies offers where it is like bet £10 get £20
You find an event where the odds to back something to win and odds to back it to loose are the same and match it off so it costs you nothing. You then do the same with the free bet it gives you to guarentee profit. You can make £600 from the initial offers then move on to the regular offers.

bbtb

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Jun 28, 2017
pembrokeshire
I wish you luck. One thing to consider. If they are asking for a web site to consider your application. Throw up a dummy page..... just reviews of bookies and why you like them, what offers they have.... get your affiliate links then change it.

Yeah I have only told people who I know like the odd gamble and wont judge so far :)

They are pretty strict on advertise nowhere but the site approved.. I am thinking of making a dummy site that links to a site that is just a page of bookie links.. that might do the trick.

CHeers

Sfbloo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 9, 2017
Uk
Haha, I actually feel silly for assuming it was seedy. It's an interesting concept; so you're leveraging bets against different brokers that offer different odds?

There's a few variations. In a nutshell a bookie will offer you a sign up offer. Bet 10 get a free 20 bet. You bet 10 then use an exchange to bet on the other outcomes (collection of people and business trading in bets/outcomes). So you've covered all possibilities and cancel the bets out.

You then get your free bet. You do the same (slightly different calcs) but this free so it's win/ win. Probably about 17 profit. Rinse and repeat until bookies tell you they won't accept your bets :)

Hylle

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 12, 2017
Denmark
You're putting your business at the mercy of the bookmakers.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Marquin Brewer

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Oct 18, 2016
Did you research this niche or did you go into blind? I think the betting niche is super competitive and you need a backdoor to compete against the big boyz.
Maybe you should drill down and find a sub-niche that you can attack. Ok, well I see you earned some loot so congrats. Find where the customers are and match both sides. Keep pressing!

Kane9

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
654%
May 31, 2016
London
Hey @bbtb, this is kind of my area as I've worked in the gambling industry and do a lot of work providing copy for some big hitters in the gambling affiliate world.

My initial advice to you upon reading your posts is you need to do a shit tonne more research. For instance, if you had done the appropriate level of research to succeed, you'd have known when starting that affiliate schemes don't allow the promotion of matched betting. Not only does matched betting look to take money from the bookmakers pocket (why are they going to reward you for bringing them that kind of business), but any revenue share deals (which can be the most lucrative) would be a waste of time.

An example of some of the people you are competing with and their level of knowledge: one of my clients has a team of 200 people, churn out sites all the time targeting every niche they can think of, they can throw money at them to generate traffic, and know the industry in forensic detail. There are many more businesses doing the same.

One area that I think is slightly underserved, is becoming an affiliate for a matched betting site. You mentioned this was initially going to be your niche, how well do you know the ins and outs of matched betting?

Otherwise, my advice would be to join the major betting affiliate network forum (not sure if you can post links, so PM me if you need), learn, learn, learn, put together a plan, and then start connecting with some of the affiliate managers through LinkedIn. But you need your shit together first otherwise they won't take you seriously.

I'm happy to help with any questions you have, so just let me know.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.