The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Looking for Investor/ Partner in unique idea with written busines

Idea threads

jasonxxx102

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 9, 2012
I'm not going to disclose any information in this thread but I have a brand new unique idea that is the next wave in internet marketing but it has yet to really explode in the US and UK. I have a business plan written up for anybody who is interested.

I am seeking either an investor, monetary amounts will be discussed if I believe you are serious, or a developer who is willing to build this platform for part ownership of the company.

If you would like to check out the business plan just PM me or post here and I will be happy to send it to you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
NP. Thank you for your totally useless post. Did you ever think that maybe you should introduce yourself to the forum before you come on here trying to pitch an idea. Everyone on this forum has ideas. Ideas are a dime a dozen. Why would you think you could come on this forum with an opening line like that and people would jump at your special opportunity? Re-think your plan.

jasonxxx102

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 9, 2012
I was vague for a reason, I don't want some random person to be able to do a google search and steal my idea, in fact, everybody who is interested in looking at the plan has to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement anyways. I've been robbed of startups before and I'm not letting it happen again.

jasonxxx102

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 9, 2012
The business has to do with the QR code generation and Mobile Marketing field, which is just beginning to explode in the US and UK. Now is the ideal time to get in with low competition.

evanwebb

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Jan 31, 2011
Austin, TX
I think QR codes are the "next big thing" that probably isn't. Seems like they've already kind of run their course without much market acceptance. They just add to the noise.

If you want to do it, in order to get investors, start getting traction without them. With QR codes and mobile that is possible. The less you need them, the more they'll want to buy in.

A little tip: On this forum, mentioning NDA is an invitation for scorn and ridicule. So are first posts requesting investors for an idea.

jasonxxx102

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 9, 2012
Wow, thank you evanwebb somebody who's not a flamer who had some actual helpful advice. zen******* and Likwid24 are obviously so much better than everybody else and they're too busy rolling in their millions to provide any real advice.

healthstatus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 11, 2011
Indianapolis, IN USA
They had helpful advice, your first post is what is considered useless around here, and you are not in the first 500 to say I have brilliant idea, but I can't talk about it. No one here is going to get excited about it. You can look at how many times they have been thx'd and their speed rating to know they offer a lot of good advice, but as evanwebb said, it is rarely to people who just drop and with no previous contribution start going on about their idea that needs funding. So if you don't like our attitudes, realize that it is a reaction to yours.

evanwebb

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Jan 31, 2011
Austin, TX
Wow, thank you evanwebb somebody who's not a flamer who had some actual helpful advice. zen******* and Likwid24 are obviously so much better than everybody else and they're too busy rolling in their millions to provide any real advice.

Oh, one more tip: click on zen******* and Likwid24's names and read all of their past posts. They know their stuff.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
My apologies for being rude, but we get crap like this everyday. Everyone had the next great idea and wants an investor. That's not what this forum is about. It's about becoming part of a community in which everyone is here to help each other out, not financially, but with their knowledge and experience.

If you have questions on how to go about doing something, I'm sure you'll have more than enough people willing to help you out and answer your questions as best as they can. That's what we're here for.

My advice to you is to introduce yourself here - Introductions & Networking , then check out MJ's book. Then use the forum for help and advice while you are building your business.

Last edited by a moderator:

hedgehog757

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Jan 24, 2012
New York
My apologies for being rude, but we get crap like this everyday. Everyone had the next great idea and wants an investor. That's not what this forum is about. It's about becoming part of a community in which everyone is here to help each other out, not financially, but with their knowledge and experience.

If you have questions on how to go about doing something, I'm sure you'll have more than enough people willing to help you out and answer your questions as best as they can. That's what we're here for.

My advice to you is to introduce yourself here - Introductions & Networking , then check out MJ's book. Then use the forum for help and advice while you are building your business.

They are right. You need to introduce yourself, tell everyone what you are all about, and ask questions and learn from this forum. No one here is going to jump at the idea to invest in anything at all, unless it is in themselves. This doesn't mean you have to tell anyone your idea(s). it just means get to know the forum and the community before just jumping into it and asking for investors. No one here knows anything about you and that is the first step they take. Getting to know you and what you are about.

There are plenty of people here who give great advice. It is up to you, how you use it. That being said, it is good that you are excited about your idea! Keep up the enthusiasm but look on this forum for help and advice not money. You will probably gain more from that in the beginning than you will any money you might get from anyone here.

I have not been on this forum very long and I have learned more than I ever though I would because people have asked questions and made statements I had not thought of, but it was still something I could learn from.
I hope this was helpful to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DeletedUser2

some times im nice and helpfull

sometimes, not so much.

real questions garner my attention, and my experience and my help.

asking a question that amounts to "just over spam" level garners eye rolling and head shaking, even a smart a$$ remark.

so why don't you take this moment, read the above advice. (since its good advice) and try again, how about an introduction? how about some good questions.

if you want an NDA and investors? i would have to say (holding nose,) go try google.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia

Whole Paradigm

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Nov 15, 2011
As far as business...Why would you come on to a random online forum looking for just anyone to be a partner? :eusa_naughty:

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
I would suggest you watch some of MJ's videos on youtube. He has some great stuff to say about "looking for investors or publishers" or "how do I sell my million dollar idea" type of non sense that is pretty common. :coco:

I can sit around on my a$$ all day and fill up a notebook all day with "million dollar ideas" or "brilliant ideas no one has thought of" and nothing is going to happen. Execution is king. Nobody is going to invest in anything unless there is some sort of track record or proven concept. TRUST ME. Good partners are hard to find, you are not gonna find one on a forum online. Good and talented people are very hard to find.

I would suggest you build your human capital and start from the bottom up like many successful entrepreneurs. And read MJ's book, it should be the first step if you haven't.

Nobody here is trying to be mean. They are just trying to help you get set in the right direction.

D

DeletedUser2

Good partners are hard to find, you are not gonna find one on a forum online. Good and talented people are very hard to find.

Well I have met a couple of my partners on forums like this BTW, but it was just a meeting place, it took shape later after MUCH back and forth in just getting to know each other, AND it took time and effort on both our parts.

But the real point is as Socaldude explained, your shot from the hip, "Idea" so common, as to be worthless. unless you execute. Just and FYI

verial

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
May 8, 2012
Taipei
Why don't you find a partner in "real life?" It's hard to hold an online partner accountable without a handful of legal contracts.

RealOG

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Aug 20, 2007
Austin, Texas, United States
Lagos, Nigeria.
Attention: The President/CEO

Dear Sir,

Confidential Business Proposal

Having consulted with my colleagues and based on the information gathered from the Nigerian Chambers Of Commerce And Industry, I have the privilege to request your assistance to transfer the sum of $47,500,000.00 (forty seven million, five hundred thousand United States dollars) into your accounts. The above sum resulted from an over-invoiced contract, executed, commissioned and paid for about five years (5) ago by a foreign contractor. This action was however intentional and since then the fund has been in a suspense account at The Central Bank Of Nigeria Apex Bank.

We are now ready to transfer the fund overseas and that is where you come in. It is important to inform you that as civil servants, we are forbidden to operate a foreign account; that is why we require your assistance. The total sum will be shared as follows: 70% for us, 25% for you and 5% for local and international expenses incidental to the transfer.

The transfer is risk free on both sides. I am an accountant with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC). If you find this proposal acceptable, we shall require the following documents:

(a) your banker's name, telephone, account and fax numbers.

(b) your private telephone and fax numbers —for confidentiality and easy communication.

(c) your letter-headed paper stamped and signed.

Alternatively we will furnish you with the text of what to type into your letter-headed paper, along with a breakdown explaining, comprehensively what we require of you. The business will take us thirty (30) working days to accomplish.

Please reply urgently.

Best regards

Howgul Abul Arhu

MVDH

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Jul 29, 2012
Cairns, Australia
The problem I see with people being so paranoid about sharing their ideas is that, it is likely your idea doesn't contain a great enough USP, and basically someone else can come along and do exactly the same thing.. and for that reason... I'm out!

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
The problem I see with people being so paranoid about sharing their ideas is that, it is likely your idea doesn't contain a great enough USP, and basically someone else can come along and do exactly the same thing.. and for that reason... I'm out!

I doubt after 2 years, a guy with 5 posts is still looking for investors. But thanks for stating your opinion on a long dead thread.

camcam

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Dec 19, 2013
UK
I was vague for a reason, I don't want some random person to be able to do a google search and steal my idea, in fact, everybody who is interested in looking at the plan has to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement anyways. I've been robbed of startups before and I'm not letting it happen again.

Steal your idea? Actually read what you said, the idea has already been done. You just want to start a new business with the already existing idea.

An idea if nothing without execution... Did you even read the book?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I doubt after 2 years, a guy with 5 posts is still looking for investors

By now he's built a huge empire and cashed out with...

Wait for it...

ONE MILLLLLLLEEEEEEEEOOON DOLLARS!

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Steal your idea? Actually read what you said, the idea has already been done. You just want to start a new business with the already existing idea.

An idea if nothing without execution... Did you even read the book?

jasonxxx102 was last seen: May 9, 2012

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007