The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Looking For High Margin Dog Products

madskills

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jun 22, 2014
Hi there,
I have a website where a lot of dog owners gather. Now I am monetizing it with advertisements but I know I could make a much bigger product by adding an e commerce page to my website. I have been researching and looking for products that I could sell but it was hard for me to find the high margin ones... can you please shoot some ideas at me? Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Poop bags?

PrRmO.png

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Years from now this thread will be studied for the value created before asking for something in return........

madskills

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jun 22, 2014
I don't know if you are trying to raise your posts number to look cool or something, YES! I know it seems important when you are 14-17 years old. One day you will grow out of this, no worries.

To the more matured members: I am looking for high profit margins products. Yes, I tried googling for several hours and I have some B+ ideas. Would appreciate any tips from someone who has some experience with the pet industry. Thanks.

early riser

Grind Harder
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Sep 18, 2014
Both coasts. The west now.
I don't know if you are trying to raise your posts number to look cool or something, I know it seems important when you are 14-17 years old. One day you will grow out of this, no worries.
I don't know if you're 14-17 either since you are asking us to do your homework.

madskills

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jun 22, 2014
Asking to shoot some ideas is not a homework. I have plenty ideas of my own - that was my homework.

blackhat

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Mar 24, 2015
To the more matured members: I am looking for high profit margins products. Yes, I tried googling for several hours and I have some B+ ideas. Would appreciate any tips from someone who has some experience with the pet industry. Thanks.

Instead of asking for someone here to hand you a product idea with high margins, why not reach out to your user base and find out what needs they have that you can meet?

You can find something with 10,000% margins, but that won't do you much good if no one will buy it.

madskills

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jun 22, 2014
My website gets about 5k hits a day so there is plenty of needs to be fulfilled and problems to be solved. I was looking for someone with experience in the pet industry who could share some light about what products have a high profit margin.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I was looking for someone with experience in the pet industry who could share some light about what products have a high profit margin.

Yea right...

From your other post on "success".

copy and paste the most profitable businesses you can find.

So... lets logically think about this.

You want to find someone here who is having success in the pet industry.
You want this person to reveal their high-margin product so you then can go copy it.

Assuming this person existed, and is here, do you actually think this is reasonable? Logical?

If you were making bank in the pet industry because you found this magical, high-margin product, why on earth would you tell a stranger on a forum with 3 posts?

With this "copy and paste" thought-line, you're gonna be big hit around here.

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
My website gets about 5k hits a day so there is plenty of needs to be fulfilled and problems to be solved. I was looking for someone with experience in the pet industry who could share some light about what products have a high profit margin.

Dear Starbucks.

Can you please tell me where to buy beans that could compete with yours?

And while you are at it, can you tell me how many scoops I should use to make my coffee taste like yours?

I want to start a coffee shop. I shall call it Caribou.

Thanks,

Vigilante

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
The pet industry is full of low-margin "me too" products that sell for $5-15.
I have plenty ideas of my own - that was my homework.
Ideas are the mental masturbation stage. Your homework begins now and it doesn't stop.

G

GuestUser113

Hi there,
I have a website where a lot of dog owners gather. Now I am monetizing it with advertisements but I know I could make a much bigger product by adding an e commerce page to my website. I have been researching and looking for products that I could sell but it was hard for me to find the high margin ones... can you please shoot some ideas at me? Thanks!

I don't know if you are trying to raise your posts number to look cool or something, YES! I know it seems important when you are 14-17 years old. One day you will grow out of this, no worries.

Asking to shoot some ideas is not a homework. I have plenty ideas of my own - that was my homework.

Waste of Time

Anyone? Anyone?...

madskills?... madskills?... madskills?

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I'm gonna actually throw out a high margin product... which is pretty obvious... dog training courses. If you did any research, you'd see that this is one of the top selling products in the dog niche.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
And what are those ideas?

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Heres an "wayy out there" idea.

Deliver to your audience what they want.

Maybe if you give them what they need help with, they will buy from you.

or you can not focus on serving their needs and get distracted by high numbers.

Last edited:

Dwight Schrute

Ludicrous Speed
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Oct 27, 2014
where eagles dare
Deliver to your audience what they want.

Maybe if you give them what they need help with, they will buy from you.

or you can not focus on serving their needs and get distracted by high numbers.
Bingo. If the website really gets about 5k hits per day, an online survey should do the trick.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
has @theag come in and posted any ideas?

blackhat

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Mar 24, 2015
Sell the bags with the poop already in them. The customer gets the same result without the hassle. You can also cut it with cat poop to increase margins.
Don't forget to under-promise and over-deliver. Do not advertise this added value; just let your customers be pleasantly surprised when they receive your shipment.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.