The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Looking for Fast Track C++ Course

adisharma

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 23, 2020
Gurgaon
Hello All, Can anyone suggest me the best c++ course which duration is less? I have checked on youtube to find the video content but there are lots of stuff and I am confused to choose the right one. So please suggest me some references.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Hello All, Can anyone suggest me the best c++ course which duration is less? I have checked on youtube to find the video content but there are lots of stuff and I am confused to choose the right one. So please suggest me some references.
Do you have any programming skills?
Any experience with programming on anything?

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Just give me your computer. I do all the hard work for you.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria

Harman

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Mar 5, 2021
Mesa, Arizona
Honestly, there's only so much you can really get out of those kinds of courses.

I've been programming for 10+ years, went to school for it even. But a lot like the lessons on business, sometimes you need to just throw the hand-holding lessons out the window and dive in.

When you take those programming courses, you really just follow along, you type the same code the instructor tells you to. Sure there's a small section where they tell you to 'figure out what to code next' but that's after an entire lesson of showing you how to use the code you'll be typing anyways.

I spent my first few years following the instructor-guided path. At the end of it I was freaking awesome at following instruction, but ask me to figure out how to program something? Heck no.

I realized this and so I started to essentially teach myself how to code. I would come up with something I wanted to code; a calculator, a sorting algorithm, a stopwatch/timer/alarm clock, or anything I could think of. I would write out the pseudocode for it then I would just kinda figure it out. It was hard, especially at first with a lot of visits to Google and Stack Overflow, but after a while it just got easier as I got more and more familiar with the nuances of that particular language.

I should note that I'm proficient at multiple languages, including c++ and I've used this method each time. It gets easier the more you do it to the point where it doesn't matter what programming language you use, the fundamentals are the same.

That's my advice, ditch the guided instruction, it can be a slog but it's worth it. Don't take the shortcut of looking for the coded solution, but stumble your way through and you'll come out the other side ludicrously better educated and savvy than the programmers that can just follow instructions really good.

adisharma

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 23, 2020
Gurgaon
Honestly, there's only so much you can really get out of those kinds of courses.

I've been programming for 10+ years, went to school for it even. But a lot like the lessons on business, sometimes you need to just throw the hand-holding lessons out the window and dive in.

When you take those programming courses, you really just follow along, you type the same code the instructor tells you to. Sure there's a small section where they tell you to 'figure out what to code next' but that's after an entire lesson of showing you how to use the code you'll be typing anyways.

I spent my first few years following the instructor-guided path. At the end of it I was freaking awesome at following instruction, but ask me to figure out how to program something? Heck no.

I realized this and so I started to essentially teach myself how to code. I would come up with something I wanted to code; a calculator, a sorting algorithm, a stopwatch/timer/alarm clock, or anything I could think of. I would write out the pseudocode for it then I would just kinda figure it out. It was hard, especially at first with a lot of visits to Google and Stack Overflow, but after a while it just got easier as I got more and more familiar with the nuances of that particular language.

I should note that I'm proficient at multiple languages, including c++ and I've used this method each time. It gets easier the more you do it to the point where it doesn't matter what programming language you use, the fundamentals are the same.

That's my advice, ditch the guided instruction, it can be a slog but it's worth it. Don't take the shortcut of looking for the coded solution, but stumble your way through and you'll come out the other side ludicrously better educated and savvy than the programmers that can just follow instructions really good.
Thanks its very helpful, I have also found a fast track c++ course on interviewbit.

finnc

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 31, 2021
Ireland
cplusplus.com is a great resource for learning c++. I used it about two years ago when I got started in competitive programming. Why are you looking to learn c++ ? Is it for a job?

PeterBoss

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Aug 17, 2020
London
Yes I have good knowledge of C Programming language but I don't have an experience that's why i am looking the c++ course
Shouldn't be much of a problem then. c++ is just c with oop.
The main hurdle would be if you had never worked with pointers and memory, which you already have covered.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Shouldn't be much of a problem then. c++ is just c with oop.
Flying shouldn't be much of a problem, an airplane is just a bus with wings.
If you can drive a bus, you can fly a plane.

PeterBoss

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Aug 17, 2020
London
Flying shouldn't be much of a problem, an airplane is just a bus with wings.
If you can drive a bus, you can fly a plane.

if he is a strong c developer, the learning curve shouldn't be as steep as what you are suggesting.
I would also point out that the consequences of trying to get a project running in c++ are far less dire than trying to fly a plane with a bus driving background.... But to each it's own.

I am not saying he is going to be spitting out production-ready code, but he can definitely get something working with a small project.
Anyway @adisharma, if you need any additional help, feel free to hit me up.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
It's a bit of a misguided question, as it shows you don't know what you don't know. There are many versions of C++, where each newer one added on additional features to those before them.

Which features you'll need/want will depend on the project and your own personal coding style. And even the team you're working with. Thus, which version of C++ you learn is going to be highly context dependent.

Best advice is to just start coding. Find an online reference for the syntax differences with C; start with just adding classes. Code up a basic text editor. Then a 2D rendering pixel engine. Then a 3D rendering engine. As you go along, check out open source projects from which to draw inspiration and see how others do it. Look up the features you don't know/understand.

THEN buy a complete book on the topic.

You will get far more out of the book if you've already done a few projects in C++ than if you just start with it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.