The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Looking For English Practice Buddy

Anything related to matters of the mind

NorlansV

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 2, 2020
Athens, Greece
Hi all,

My name is Yiannis and I come from Greece.

I'm looking for an english learning buddy to improve our english speaking skills together.

I could also help you practice in Greek if you're interested.

My current level is upper intermediate.

Thanks in advance

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WestCoast

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Jan 20, 2008
Rhode Island for now.
There are some cool online communities, that host group speaking courses.
90 minutes a week, 8-10 people from around the world talking and practicing English.

I've participated in these as a guest Native English speaker, very fun.

EN-Joy Club

(full disclosure - I know the person who runs this specific one, but there are others)

aboutkaizen

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Jan 16, 2022
Philippines
Hi all,

My name is Yiannis and I come from Greece.

I'm looking for an english learning buddy to improve our english speaking skills together.

I could also help you practice in Greek if you're interested.

My current level is upper intermediate.

Thanks in advance
Hi Yiannis! I'm Niño and I'm from the Philippines. I am also looking for an English learning buddy :) It's been one of my focuses these days since English is my second language. Let's connect and meet virtually! Thanks!

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
I can't help with practice, but here is a hint for every person who is learning English as a second language.

Learn to speak slowly! If you look at instruction manuals for almost anything, you will find that most are in many different languages. The amount of space occupied by the printed instructions in English is usually very small compared to the space required for other languages.

English is a very concise language, requiring less words than almost every other language to convey what is needed to say. I have found as a consequence in my world travels that non-English speaking people talk very fast.

When they learn English they naturally continue their lifelong habit of speaking fast. They might be using the correct English words, but when those words are spoken with an accent they are often not easily understood by a native English speaker.

Walter

P.S. I lay some of the blame on teachers of English as a second language, because they fail to address this problem,

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.