What's new

Looking for advice on building a "mini redbeacon.com"

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Gunmetal

New Contributor
Joined
Jan 21, 2012
Messages
5
Location
PA
Rep Bank
$85
User Power: 20%
I'm looking to build a mini redbeacon specifically for my area (very rural). It's not covered by redbeacon and the only other alternative is thumbtack.com which appears to have tons of local businesses. I put up a test job but I didn't get a single response. I'm actually wondering if they just harvest emails and sell them because it doesn't look like they even charge the bidders.

Anyway, as someone who's personally felt the frustration of finding a service pro to do things such as carpet cleaning, painting, yardwork in our area, it's time consuming and annoying having to call people in listed in the yellowbook, craigslist or word of mouth for quotes. I think it would be helpful to have a single location where, like redbeacon, I can post a job and get responses from several providers.

I'm looking for some advice as this would be my first real endeavor as a website entrepreneur. Do you think this is a viable business to get in to? I see many similar sites but none of them appear to service any of the localities in my area.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom