The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Any advice on building a community forum/ is a community forum website Fastlane?

Marketing, social media, advertising

Cauli22

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Oct 11, 2022
Hi, I'm starting to look for Fastlane ideas and I had one in mind relating to website creation/community forum,
Should I start by focusing on the website alone, or should I gain more knowledge on the idea in itself? I'm wondering what information you'd recommend I pick up or books to read on marketing & creating a community. Thanks,

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
629%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
I thought you were going to say you wanted to start an entrepreneurship forum and then I was going to suggest starting a limo renting internet company and then writing a book too.

Cauli22

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Oct 11, 2022
I thought you were going to say you wanted to start an entrepreneurship forum and then I was going to suggest starting a limo renting internet company and then writing a book too.
Seems pretty familiar. Should I write 3 other books relating to the first?

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Hi, I'm starting to look for Fastlane ideas and I had one in mind relating to website creation/community forum,
Should I start by focusing on the website alone, or should I gain more knowledge on the idea in itself? I'm wondering what information you'd recommend I pick up or books to read on marketing & creating a community. Thanks,
Do you have an idea of what problem you'll solve with the forum? Or why people should go to your forum over others online (e.g. in your niche)?

Last edited:

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
553%
Apr 17, 2022
Seems pretty familiar. Should I write 3 other books relating to the first?
Yeah, but you should use a metaphor related to speed and fast cars, and should use easy to remember acronyms related to currency, such as cents or something like that.

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
Not easy to ”create a community” out of nothing.

Usually, any niche will have a community that is to some degree fragmented between different groups and methods of communication. Instead of trying to steal their members, you should look to arrange a merging of two or more communities, forming a bigger community, that you now control. The fact that is bigger is usually of value (network effect).

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Filmmaking and Content Creation,
Massive demand for this I'd say.

Why not start by creating videos, and not just on YouTube? See what resonates, and build an audience and community on those platforms first?

Focus on serving people where they already are rather than trying to build a platform and get people to it?

Produce so much value people ask for more access to you?

Tactically, I'd look at TikTok and YouTube Shorts for discoverability, speed of video creation and therefore market feedback, and because both platforms are crying out for good short (and long) form content.

Cauli22

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Oct 11, 2022
Massive demand for this I'd say.

Why not start by creating videos, and not just on YouTube? See what resonates, and build an audience and community on those platforms first?

Focus on serving people where they already are rather than trying to build a platform and get people to it?

Produce so much value people ask for more access to you?

Tactically, I'd look at TikTok and YouTube Shorts for discoverability, speed of video creation and therefore market feedback, and because both platforms are crying out for good short (and long) form content.
Thanks for the response, I currently upload my own videos on TikTok, I'd thought of creating a forum because as a content creator it's difficult to find others with common interests who are willing to assist or share ideas on, TikTok and youtube can be limiting and informational videos can be a bit confusing to understand. Also, Tiktok and youtube have a commonality of striking and banning users they deem unfit for their platforms.

Cauli22

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Oct 11, 2022
Not easy to ”create a community” out of nothing.

Usually, any niche will have a community that is to some degree fragmented between different groups and methods of communication. Instead of trying to steal their members, you should look to arrange a merging of two or more communities, forming a bigger community, that you now control. The fact that is bigger is usually of value (network effect).
Thanks for the response, Well I've mainly thought of filmmaking, content creation, and art as the main discussion for a community forum because they share many similar ideas but can take various forms.

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
Thanks for the response, Well I've mainly thought of filmmaking, content creation, and art as the main discussion for a community forum because they share many similar ideas but can take various forms.
Ok. My plan for what to do would be to find smaller communities in these niches and convince them to join together. This means convincing the owners of these communities of the benefits for them and the members, which they can then further convey.

To convince people to join together and form a team, a network etc. is very powerful, but it is not easy. It's way easier than single-handedly forming a large community by yourself though. If you want a small but more dedicated community, it's different though,

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.