The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

O/T: FUNNY Looking for a manager for your company??

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Redshft

Contributor
Nov 5, 2007
Greenville, NC
Found this browsing one of the other forums, at least he is honest.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

AlwaysCurious

Contributor
Jan 16, 2008
GMT +1
Maybe a hoax? Why would someone owning a pot smuggling business with 100+ Mio$ revenues look for an employment? Sound like leaving fastlane (illegal but still fast) for a J.O.B.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
he most likely needs a job for probation.

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
It's not a hoax, it's a true story, pretty famous up here in Canada. It is probably 10 years old now, but he got caught after he had gone clean and turned his life around...turned in by a disgruntled employee.

Captured, after he left the business
But, one former disgruntled employee turned informer. It took the Drug Enforcement Agency six years to put together a case against O'Dea and his associates. By this time, O'Dea had changed his life after a near-death cocaine overdose and he was now counselling for drug addiction. O'Dea remembers that day in 1990 when the DEA came knocking on his door. "I was working as a counsellor in an alcohol drug and rehab center. So far away from that business. I was lying in bed there was a knock on my door. I said this is the wreckage of my past knocking on this door. There were some guys with some badges and they said ‘Are you Brian O'Dea?' and I said ‘I wish I wasn't, but I am.'"
He ended up landing a job as a television producer and has since written a book about his life:

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/crimepays/odea.html

The book is called: "High: Confessions of a Pot Smuggler"
http://www.randomhouse.ca/catalog/display.pperl?isbn=9780679312789

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
Reminds me of the movie "American Gangster" I watched a few nights ago. Instead of pot, he was smuggling Heroine, but when the feds finally busted his operation, they confiscated $250 million from him.

The guy I really identified with though was Johnny Depp's character from the movie "Blow"... Talk about a business minded guy... He would have been a millionaire in just about anything he put his mind to -- it was unfortunate he chose the Cocaine business, and kept having such bad luck with who he trusted!

Cheers,

- Hakrjak

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
Big thanks to @Fox and to @mjb234 (a student of this course) for helping me with my business’s...
MARKETPLACE How To Create A 100K-1M+ Sales Funnel
@LynX You know, this is a "Marketplace" Thread. Completely appropriate to offer goods and...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Dropping a quick note in here to say... if you are on TFL, you are part of an elite group of...
MARKETPLACE KAK’s “Kill Bigger” Incubation Program- With DAILY personal attention.
I joined @Kak's business incubator in the first week of May. During our daily chats we uncovered...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
This is your May reminder that you can do this. I'll keep it short. These are the May promos...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks! This is a cool idea, actually. I would like to use your experience as I heard that these...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
would this be available in paper version? I know it's short, but most of my family is...

Visit A Forum Sponsor
sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock