- Joined
- Jul 21, 2018
- Messages
- 15
Rep Bank
$45
$45
User Power: 40%
Looking for some guidance on how to find a manufacturer for a product.
Some background :
I had a product designed by an engineer about a year ago. It's not a new product, it just has a different shape and size from other similar products.
I tried contacting a few well known US companies about it. Some did not reply, others gave me a "no quote" reply.
Exchanged a few good emails from a manufacturer in Europe. He sent me some design improvement suggestions and even a quote which seems good. But then, he suddenly just stopped responding all together.
It is has a very specific use and I suppose you can say it's a niche product, which makes locating a manufacturer much harder. It will need to be a factory which makes similar products and has experience in the field, and there are not too many of those.
Already spent dozens of hours searching online in all sorts of databases and google.
I know there's a factory for thing like that in South Korea for example (a competitor makes his there), just not sure how to find it.
Any suggestions are welcome.
Some background :
I had a product designed by an engineer about a year ago. It's not a new product, it just has a different shape and size from other similar products.
I tried contacting a few well known US companies about it. Some did not reply, others gave me a "no quote" reply.
Exchanged a few good emails from a manufacturer in Europe. He sent me some design improvement suggestions and even a quote which seems good. But then, he suddenly just stopped responding all together.
It is has a very specific use and I suppose you can say it's a niche product, which makes locating a manufacturer much harder. It will need to be a factory which makes similar products and has experience in the field, and there are not too many of those.
Already spent dozens of hours searching online in all sorts of databases and google.
I know there's a factory for thing like that in South Korea for example (a competitor makes his there), just not sure how to find it.
Any suggestions are welcome.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
