The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Living Overseas Thread

ecommercewolf

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Jan 8, 2019
Dallas, TX
Curious to see who lives overseas primarily (specifically leaving United States and living somewhere else)

How has this sped up wealth building? (a lot of countries the COL is cheaper so there is arbitrage)

Enough resources for your business?

How has dating life improved compared to U.S.?

Reason why I ask is I have always been open to living overseas once I amass a certain amount of money. Obviously I want to take advantage of the resources, efficiency, and opportunities that the United States has to offer in the meantime. "Digital nomad" was all the craze a while back but I've noticed a lot of them lived a luxury lifestyle only because COL in the country they were at was low, once their older and decide to return to the U.S. they're playing catch up. Don't want to be a part of that AT ALL. I'm building my foundation here so I can be wealthy ANYWHERE in the world including U.S.

With all of that being said, anybody left U.S. for other countries once they've achieved their definition of wealth and true time freedom?

How has this improved your life overall?
Curious to here from others that are ahead of me in life.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Forodstar

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Nov 2, 2014
Going from UK to Czech to UK to Czech to Austria to Czech. Czech wife, now Czech sole trader setup. I think it has given me more opportunities than I ever would have imagined and allow me to build skills fast and move quickly upskilling in slowlane jobs.

dawp

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Oct 23, 2017
Moved from Poland to Stockholm, Sweden. More opportunities here.
I make more money (WebDev) but, rent and food is more expensive here...

iwant53million

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jan 21, 2020
Moved from Poland to Stockholm, Sweden. More opportunities here.
I make more money (WebDev) but, rent and food is more expensive here...

Hmmm, but I heard the internet there is very cheap and fast. What's the basics utility bill like over there?

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I'm a bum,

but can say traveling around is one of the best things you can do in life.

If you have the means go for it.

dawp

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Oct 23, 2017
Rent costs in Sweden vs. Poland?

I would say that a "good price" for a 1 bedroom apt is:
in Poland: $500/month
in Sweden: $1000/month
Utilities are usually included

I pay $1100 (40m2 / ~430 square feet) + $100 for a parking spot (underground garage)

then..
$600 groceries
$40 car insurance
$250 car payment (3 payments left)

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Rent costs in Sweden vs. Poland?
Sweden is expensive AF.

I've been living back in Australia for a year now and really dislike that rent is like 3 times as expensive compared to a great villa in Bali by the beach.

I don't think I can ever go away long term again though. Max 3 to 6 months every year or two.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I've been living back in Australia for a year now and really dislike that rent is like 3 times as expensive compared to a great villa in Bali by the beach.

You often get what you pay for, though. I'd rather have a modest house in a safe, well-developed country than a villa in a poor place where I don't feel entirely comfortable.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
You often get what you pay for, though. I'd rather have a modest house in a safe, well-developed country than a villa in a poor place where I don't feel entirely comfortable.
Yeah. I'm fine with it for a 3 month working holiday but above 6 months or living long term... I was too often feeling.. I'm not going to say unsafe or uncomfortable, but.. things like ambulances, earthquakes, corrupt police, crime etc. Started wearing on me. Not a great place to be if shit hits the fan.

The transition back to home was a bit like mentioned above. Costly and a step back. But I was able to use those couple of years away to learn a bunch of stuff while living well on a fraction of the cost. It's not something I could do long term though.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.