The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Traveling overseas tomorrow, Lisbon and Brussels. Fastlane ideas I should look for overseas?

Idea threads

shayfer

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2023
Alabama
Morning everyone! I am traveling overseas tomorrow for school and will be in Lisbon 5 days and Brussels for 5 days. Is there anything I can, or should do, to keep pushing the fastlane life?

-Anyone in this forum around to meet up and say hey?
-Any manufacturers I should check out or talk to? (I am interested in importing selling products. I know I can google manufacturers but was wondering if anyone on here lived in either city)

While this is a mandatory trip to complete my MBA I feel like I should try and take advantage while I am over there to do something fastlane related.

Thanks for any help or ideas!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Xavier X

Gold Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jan 1, 2016
These United States
Morning everyone! I am traveling overseas tomorrow for school and will be in Lisbon 5 days and Brussels for 5 days. Is there anything I can, or should do, to keep pushing the fastlane life?

-Anyone in this forum around to meet up and say hey?
-Any manufacturers I should check out or talk to? (I am interested in importing selling products. I know I can google manufacturers but was wondering if anyone on here lived in either city)

While this is a mandatory trip to complete my MBA I feel like I should try and take advantage while I am over there to do something fastlane related.

Thanks for any help or ideas!

Make friends/contacts and have a good time.
Watch out for things you can potentially replicate where you're from, but don't let it cloud your enjoyment of the overall experience.

shayfer

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2023
Alabama
Make friends/contacts and have a good time.
Watch out for things you can potentially replicate where you're from, but don't let it cloud your enjoyment of the overall experience.
I thought I would get my name back out here in this forum just with an update and to also make myself stay engaged.

I see a lot of threads about ideas. I can't stress enough how the answers usually say "get out and meet/greet" and this is 100% true. While overseas I met with three different successful entrepreneurs. Their motivation and story fires me up and makes me once again realize how they sought solutions for problems and the money just came with it.

Example: I met with Andre and Andreia in Lisbon, Portugal that started Home - Skizo . Let's leave a better Planet
They recognized the "seventh" continent of plastic trash in the ocean and decided to do something about it. After some brainstorming and research said why not make shoes and fabric? There is technology that allows us to do that and you get free material in the ocean no less. Each step of their journey there was a solution. How do we get it? We pay fisherman a small percentage to pick up bags and bags and drop them off at the ports in a location. They outsource pickup for sorting and extracting the plastics to turn them into material. Each shoe is made per order so their inventory is low which keeps upfront costs way down. The best part is all the government incentives they receive for helping going green and cleanup.

Above is just one example from one company BUT it shows how a little innovation and thought works out. It also changed my way of thinking to STOP chasing the money but chase the solution to a problem. I know MJ said it in his books but I am wired to have it hammered a few times in my brain before it sticks.

Good luck everyone!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.