The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Listening To Your Favorite Music Can Increase Productivity

Anything related to matters of the mind

jeffspen

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Jun 6, 2015
Listening to music that you enjoy stimulates the rhythm within you. That is why you will almost always find music playing in the background of factories, specifically to motivate their workers, and so increasing productivity. I’m sure all of you have been in a situation where someone is blasting away music that just sounds like “noise” to you, resulting in a loss of concentration. However, turn up a track that you love and your brain goes into overdrive!

If you are in the middle of completing a heavy project but have reached a blank, try tuning into your favorite internet radio station, preferably one that plays non stop music, as opposed to the stations where the dj talks for five minutes between each song. The music will bring out your creative side, helping you get more done and effectively making you more productive than ever!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Corbitron

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jul 20, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Music is mostly always playing when I work. its a good motivator and makes boring tasks less boring. I also listen to a lot of music without lyrics, so I do not get distracted by the words.

jeffspen

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Jun 6, 2015
Apparently if you are doing work that requires creative writing, it's best to listen to music without lyrics. While listening to music with lyrics is great if you are a designer.

Stardust

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Jun 18, 2015
Listening to music could make boring and non-engaging tasks more fun.

But not so with deep work.

Try writing copy while listening to music. Or try to solve difficult business problems. Impossible.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Listening to music could make boring and non-engaging tasks more fun.

But not so with deep work.

Try writing copy while listening to music. Or try to solve difficult business problems. Impossible.

I used to listen to these types of videos during studying in school and even writing term papers.

I listen to techno and trance music, classical, piano, cello, flute, and other genre's when I write. It actually kind of puts you in the right emotion and mood for writing different scenes and characters. I believe music and sound is something that helps you more then prohibits you from being productive.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

EN_VY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Sep 28, 2012
Houston
I find it hard to listen to music with lyircs while doing things that require creativity.. While blasting songs(with lyrics) and doing work that just requires repetitive process, helpful.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.