• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

W/S: PLATFORMS Like a site and want more backend information?

Discussion in 'Web Design as a Hustle' started by RazorCut, Jan 4, 2019.

1. RazorCut

RazorCut Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $26,908
    I was recently in the market for a new Wordpress Website host. My current one has gone downhill over the last year or two and I am launching a new site shortly so it made sense to get it sorted now rather than later.

Anyway I stumbled on a Website who's load speed seemed insane considering the number and size of the images on it so I did a lookup and discovered it was hosted by a company called WPX.

Being suitably impressed I signed up. The speed is blistering and more importantly they have raving fans:

WPX Hosting is rated "Excellent" with 9.8 / 10 on Trustpilot
    WPX Hosting

(Just for the record I have no affiliation or financial link to the company)

Anyway that's by and by. This post is about one of the services they offer...

So maybe you have come across a Wordpress site you like the look of and wonder what theme they are using. Or maybe you are blown away with page load speed and wonder who they are hosting with and what Content Delivery Network they are using?

Maybe all you want is simple WHOIS info.

Well WPX have set up a domain that provides all this information but lots more. Here's a link to give you some sample info on the Website Gabnow.org (Generations Against Bullying):

hostedwhere.com

(Just hit the Let's Rock! button)
    You'll get information on the Datacenter location, IP Address details, Wordpress Theme if it's not been too butchered. Plugins and scripts installed and a load of additional details.

All free of charge so might be worth a bookmark.

Ernman, Sheens, .B. and 1 other person like this.
  2. BookwormMitch

BookwormMitch Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $603
    Builtwith.com is another

Roz, Ernman and RazorCut like this.
  3. .B.

.B. Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $270
    Thanks!

I used getflywheel.com this year to host a few WP sites

As a "newbie" with WP, i love the technical help they could give whenever I encountered a technical issue. I don't hesitate to recommend them.

But they are "fairly expensive", at least for POCs that don't make money yet.

So I will host my next POCs on WPX.

Thanks for the tip.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

4. .B.

.B. Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $270
    I did some research on WPX since they are way cheaper than Flywheel with CDN

Considering my target market, it was not obvious to me whether I should use WPX's US-based or UK-based hosting.

Their FAQs is not really helpful (Can I host my Non-USA (e.g. UK) Website in the USA & Rank in Google in my Country? - WPX Hosting)

And the chat I had with their support made me doubt the technical knowledge of their support.

My fear was confirmed by this review: WPX Hosting Review

For a pro that rarely needs tech support, maybe it's ok.
    For me, I will be more reassured if I stick to Flywheel for my future sites.
    Tech support of Flywheel are so helpful and knowledgeable, it's like having a personal teacher at each technical stumbling block.

Ernman likes this.
  5. Ernman

Ernman Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,341
    I really appreciate the thread and information. I'm in learning mode and this is very useful.

.B. likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.