The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Lifehacked - Allen Wong's book

For any book discussion

oddball

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Mar 8, 2011
Austin, TX
Allen Wong, as many of you know, is an extremely successful iOS developer. He just released his book yesterday, it is called Lifehacked. It is the story of his life and the challenges he encountered on his way to being successful. It isn't a hard read, I read the whole thing yesterday, but it is awesome! His story is quite remarkable, lots of ups and downs but he made it. My friend and I both has the same thought about it, that the book could be a movie, it's that great. There are some great life lessons in the book too. From talking to him online many times, he really is willing to help, that's what his book does too. And for the app developers here, he tells his marketing secrets.

Here is the information on buying the book. It is PDF for now.
https://www.facebook.com/LifehackBook

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

regoapps

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
483%
Sep 19, 2012
Here is a link to the preview chapters.

http://www.regoapps.com/lifehacked/sample/lifehackedexcerpt.pdf

So far, it totally resonates in Fastlane ideology.

I'll probably end up buying.

Hey everyone, I just joined here. Thanks for reading my book. I appreciate every reader that I get. It's always great to see someone get inspired to become successful in the same way that I was inspired by other successful entrepreneurs when I was younger.

I'm here to offer any advice for people looking to sell or make apps. Or you have any questions about the book or myself, I'll be more than happy to answer them for you. Or maybe you have general questions about being a successful entrepreneur, I can answer those questions as well.

By the way, I have a second free excerpt available: lifehacked: how one poor family from the slums made millions from selling iPhone apps And if you're a student with a valid student email address, email me and I'll give you a 50% discount off the book.

Edit (11/9/12): Just wanted to update this post to let you know that a paperback version is now available on Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1480178918/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

The Kindle edition is also now available: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A3OGH1O/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Hey everyone, I just joined here. Thanks for reading my book. I appreciate every reader that I get. It's always great to see someone get inspired to become successful in the same way that I was inspired by other successful entrepreneurs when I was younger.

I'm here to offer any advice for people looking to sell or make apps. Or you have any questions about the book or myself, I'll be more than happy to answer them for you. Or maybe you have general questions about being a successful entrepreneur, I can answer those questions as well.

By the way, I have a second free excerpt available: lifehacked: how one poor family from the slums made millions from selling iPhone apps And if you're a student with a valid student email address, email me and I'll give you a 50% discount off the book.

Awesome! Very nice of you to drop in ans say hello, there are tons of guys on here that are "thinking" they want to develop apps, you should have no shortage of ?'s to answer (might re-think that free advice bit ;)). There are a few guys who actually have apps developed (myself included) and a few who are in the process of getting theirs made, I know I have a million and 1 things I could ask you about your app marketing strategies, but I will save that for another time (and after I read the book). Glad to finally get to speak to you, I have heard about you for quite some time now, you have some major fans on here, please stick around!

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
the covergirl made me buy :rolleyes:

regoapps

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
483%
Sep 19, 2012
Awesome! Very nice of you to drop in ans say hello, there are tons of guys on here that are "thinking" they want to develop apps, you should have no shortage of ?'s to answer (might re-think that free advice bit ;)). There are a few guys who actually have apps developed (myself included) and a few who are in the process of getting theirs made, I know I have a million and 1 things I could ask you about your app marketing strategies, but I will save that for another time (and after I read the book). Glad to finally get to speak to you, I have heard about you for quite some time now, you have some major fans on here, please stick around!

Thanks for welcoming me, guys. I laid out most of my app dev and marketing strategies in my book already. And most of the times, the questions are very similar, "how much do I charge?" "where should I promote it?" "should I make a free version?" etc. Those questions are all answered in the book, and I would answer them here, but it literally takes a whole book to explain everything. So, please read the book first, and then whatever leftover questions you have, I'll be glad to help out a fellow apptrepreneur.

As for the sarcastic comment about the book cover. I do plan on changing it to show the app icons of my most popular apps. The one-of-one azure blue Aventador is what most people know me by on the internet, so I figured it'd be brand recognition. But I think my 5-0 Radio app icon serves as an even better brand recognition.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
I wasn't really sarcastic, the girl is nice ;) But of course I also bought for the contents ;)

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Oh sorry, I thought the smiley looked more like "in love" :p

Shuffle

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Nov 8, 2011
Manhasset, NY
Mr. Wong...your reputation precedes you! My friend has talked about you and your app(s) around 4 years ago. It's nice to know that you're a real person haha. Congratulations on all your successes and it's nice to see you join the forum :) My brother is very envious of your car btw LOL

regoapps

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
483%
Sep 19, 2012
Mr. Wong...your reputation precedes you! My friend has talked about you and your app(s) around 4 years ago. It's nice to know that you're a real person haha. Congratulations on all your successes and it's nice to see you join the forum :) My brother is very envious of your car btw LOL

Hi Shuffle. You said your my college suitemate's ex knows me? What's her name and which college?

regoapps

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
483%
Sep 19, 2012
Yes another genius has joined the forum! I am buying the book and taking you up on your 50% off student deal!

Send me an email using your student email address and I'll gladly send you the book at 50% off the original price.

1PercentStreet

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 16, 2012
Vegas
Bought the book
Subscribed to you on facebook a while ago, just recently friend requested.

Shuffle

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Nov 8, 2011
Manhasset, NY
Hi Shuffle. You said your my college suitemate's ex knows me? What's her name and which college?

Erica Oh from Stony Brook :) how do you know her?
Read your Book. I'm from Queens too! Have to agree with the NY public school stuff...
Thanks for the great read.

regoapps

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
483%
Sep 19, 2012
Erica Oh from Stony Brook :) how do you know her?
Read your Book. I'm from Queens too! Have to agree with the NY public school stuff...
Thanks for the great read.

Oh, Erica. Yea, I used to hang out with her and her other friends a few years back when she was still in Stony Brook.

Yea, how bad was NY public school, huh? I got stabbed in the wrist with a lead pencil and the lead got stuck in my wrist. And it was completely unprovoked. The stabber ended up joining the military. He grew up with divorced parents, so it was understandable in a way.

Shuffle

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Nov 8, 2011
Manhasset, NY
Oh, Erica. Yea, I used to hang out with her and her other friends a few years back when she was still in Stony Brook.

Yea, how bad was NY public school, huh? I got stabbed in the wrist with a lead pencil and the lead got stuck in my wrist. And it was completely unprovoked. The stabber ended up joining the military. He grew up with divorced parents, so it was understandable in a way.

Yea that wrist thing sounds nasty. Hope it healed up ok. I practically fell down a staircase halfway once with a guy trying to steal my calculator. Came home with a arm the colors of aurora borealis one time too haha. I remember a guy who just punched me because i stepped on his shoe accidentally and apologized...and yea I agree, you can't blame them...it's just their way of "feeling" unintentionally so to speak...

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs
Welcome Allen! Im halfway through the book, highly recommend it to the forum. Definitely one of the must reads along with tmfl and Mjs recommended books. Hope theres a softcover later on :smxB:

regoapps

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
483%
Sep 19, 2012
Welcome Allen! Im halfway through the book, highly recommend it to the forum. Definitely one of the must reads along with tmfl and Mjs recommended books. Hope theres a softcover later on :smxB:

Yea, I'm looking into createspace.com right now to see if I can get it on print-on-demand and get the book listed on Amazon. $10 per printed book leaves me with very little royalty though =/

mottdog

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Jan 7, 2010
Redondo Beach, CA
Just grabbed the book. Congrats Allen on your success. I'm in the middle of developing a combo game app. I need all of the IOS app success stories that I can get my hands on to learn from.
Cheers

regoapps

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
483%
Sep 19, 2012
Anyway to print this out?

Not at the moment, no. Just going to be an e-book for now (save some trees). I'll switch to print if this book gets popular. Right now it doesn't really make sense financially to go to print unless I charge $10-12 more per book (the cost of print-on-demand).

1PercentStreet

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 16, 2012
Vegas
Not at the moment, no. Just going to be an e-book for now (save some trees). I'll switch to print if this book gets popular. Right now it doesn't really make sense financially to go to print unless I charge $10-12 more per book (the cost of print-on-demand).

I meant, is there anyway for me to print this out? I prefer to keep a hard copy of all ebooks I have. (have a filing cabinet full of ebooks haha)

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
How about opening the pdf and printing it? :tiphat:

cants

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Nov 10, 2011

Hey Mr. Wong, got a kindle version of your book?

regoapps

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
483%
Sep 19, 2012
I meant, is there anyway for me to print this out? I prefer to keep a hard copy of all ebooks I have. (have a filing cabinet full of ebooks haha)

How about opening the pdf and printing it? :tiphat:

Oh yea, that's possible. Just email me with your request and I'll send you a printable PDF.

Hey Mr. Wong, got a kindle version of your book?

Not yet. It's a possibility in the future, though.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.