The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Lex DeVille's - How I Bought a $4k Laser and Started an Engraving Side Hustle for Free (super easy)

Fastlane Liam

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Feb 10, 2018
United Kingdom
I'm thinking of getting into this just because of a product I purchased for my girlfriend recently that was personalised. It was super expensive for what it was, but being a special occasion it was exactly what I needed. Looking into it, it's just been laser engraved. I think going to jump in and get a diode laser just to start off.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

patchy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Oct 15, 2022
Anyone who gets into this should familiarize themselves with Yours for the making - Instructables. You can learn how to make all kinds of stuff through their website for free.
Hey currently paying off a 3k debt but i'm looking into getting a

xTool D1 pro Laser Engraver​

I've spent some time researching and it will take me around a year to clear debt off and save for this and start somthing i'm looking foward for a years time i will read this link you have also posted.

Bluechip

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 8, 2022
Earlier this year I bought a brand new $4,000 laser engraver. Then I started a laser engraving side hustle business. I did all of this without paying anything out of pocket. Here's how...

View attachment 24379

Step 1 - Choose a Laser (I chose Glowforge)

Step 2 - Get Financing (I used a USAA personal loan)

Step 3 - Order Laser

Step 4 - Learn the Fundamentals of Engraving (practice on free materials they send)

Step 5 - Find Niche Forums/FB Groups and create products they will love

Step 6 - Offer those people the product

Step 7 - Create a YouTube channel

Step 8 - Post some videos about laser engraving as a business (I have 10 I think)

Step 9 - Add laser affiliate link in video description

That's it. My whole process. My monthly laser payment is like $136 and I make anywhere from $120 to $600 in sales per month (I only have one product for sale and only listed on one private forum).

Each month I also make affiliate sales. Last month I made somewhere around $700 in affiliate sales through my YT link and this month I've earned at least $200 in affiliates. I haven't paid anything out of pocket for the laser and my affiliate link is only listed on YT.

I run this as a super low-maintenance side hustle for now. It's not a priority. This exact process could be repeated in the laser market, or with other maker market tools.

You can take this much much further than I've gone and you can do it without a website, without any experience, without a degree, and without any money.

K go do it. No excuses, thanks.
Today I bought two 3d printers. I'm thinking of copying your idea, but adding a website. What do you think about this?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
A minor update.

I haven't used my laser in quite some time. Over the lifetime of my ownership, the affiliate commissions and product sales way more than covered the cost of the initial investment.

Now I'm relocating, and I decided not to take the laser. So I sold it. To make it sell quickly, I priced at $1,500 - an offer too good to refuse. It sold within a day of listing on Facebook Marketplace.

Overall, a solid investment and ROI in the end (considering I invested nothing but time lol).

Today, Glowforge has a newer, smaller laser that only costs $1,199. I don't know when they released it, but it might be an opportunity to replicate the initial success from this thread with a much less risky purchase.

Ace12

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Oct 2, 2023
Thanks a lot for the post. I was in a great dilemma. I recently purchased a Laser Machine as well but I was lost where to start with. Before buying the machine, I had planned everything although it became too overwhelming for me as I was thinking of doing the most common items which are easily available in the market like custom coasters, cutting boards and so on. Your post has encouraged me to move forward. Thanks.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.