The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Lex DeVille's: 15 Days to Freedom - Make Money Copywriting in 15 Days or Less

WinTheDay

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Oct 20, 2015
USA
No posts since August... well Im on Day 6.. complete newbie at Copy. Been doing this privately but thought I ould share my very first Sales Letter after the first 5 Days. Maybe get some feedback I thought it was pretty good. I could be completely wrong. Any feedback would be dope as hell...
Side nOte : Typed This Up In MW. So Formatting is heavily off.

Day 6

Day 6: Sales Letter

Specific Outcome: Sell Condoms to Teens

Did You Use Protection the Last Time You Had Sex?
If Not, Do You Know You Risked Your Life?

I know you’re young and naïve but the importance of using condoms is more than just to prevent you from having children before you are ready.

IF you’re wonder why it’s because

Sexually Transmitted Diseases are more common than ever.

“It Could Never Happen To Me?”

I know you are thinking this way because you think you are a special snowflake and nothing that bad will ever happen to you. Unfortunately like playing Russian roulette pull the trigger enough times and eventually your luck runs out.

Play It Safe So You Can Play As Much As You Want
Wouldn’t sex be much MORE ENJOYABLE

Without have a pesky thought in the back of your head thinking

“WHAT IF?”

What If I Create a Kid?

What IF I Catch A STD?

What IF I Avoided IT ALL By Wearing Protection?​

Wearing a condom is not what you should do; it’s what you are going to do... FROM NOW ON!

Been a teenager is very frustrating I know but,

Don’t end your life before you are really able to experience adulthood.

I’m going to leave you with one final question,

If you answer yes to this forget everything you just read but

If you answer know then click the link after the question to PURCHASE

WOULD YOU JUMP WITHOUT A PARACHUTE?
“CLICK HERE TO BUY”​
@SinisterLex watcha think? Thanks for the thread as well.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
No posts since August... well Im on Day 6.. complete newbie at Copy. Been doing this privately but thought I ould share my very first Sales Letter after the first 5 Days. Maybe get some feedback I thought it was pretty good. I could be completely wrong. Any feedback would be dope as hell...
Side nOte : Typed This Up In MW. So Formatting is heavily off.

Day 6

Day 6: Sales Letter

Specific Outcome: Sell Condoms to Teens

Did You Use Protection the Last Time You Had Sex?
If Not, Do You Know You Risked Your Life?

I know you’re young and naïve but the importance of using condoms is more than just to prevent you from having children before you are ready.

IF you’re wonder why it’s because

Sexually Transmitted Diseases are more common than ever.

“It Could Never Happen To Me?”

I know you are thinking this way because you think you are a special snowflake and nothing that bad will ever happen to you. Unfortunately like playing Russian roulette pull the trigger enough times and eventually your luck runs out.

Play It Safe So You Can Play As Much As You Want
Wouldn’t sex be much MORE ENJOYABLE

Without have a pesky thought in the back of your head thinking

“WHAT IF?”

What If I Create a Kid?

What IF I Catch A STD?

What IF I Avoided IT ALL By Wearing Protection?​

Wearing a condom is not what you should do; it’s what you are going to do... FROM NOW ON!

Been a teenager is very frustrating I know but,

Don’t end your life before you are really able to experience adulthood.

I’m going to leave you with one final question,

If you answer yes to this forget everything you just read but

If you answer know then click the link after the question to PURCHASE

WOULD YOU JUMP WITHOUT A PARACHUTE?
“CLICK HERE TO BUY”​
@SinisterLex watcha think? Thanks for the thread as well.

Honestly, if you were selling the idea of condoms to parents you'd be a bit closer to your target.

None of this stuff was a question in my mind as a teen.

I wasn't worried about STDs at all and school lectures said condoms weren't 100% STD proof anyway.

It reads more like a parent lecturing their child. Would you get excited by copy that lectured you?

Even if you nailed the format, this won't persuade. It doesn't speak to their wants, needs, or desires.

You have to step inside their shoes. If you are a teen, then consider what you want.

What motivation would you have to buy condoms and how would you decide between brands?

If you miss the mark on what they actually want and why they might care, it's over before they finish your headline.

TheGrind

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Jan 20, 2016
3 pieces of advice for beginning copywriters:

1.) Build up a swipe file NOW. A quality swipe file drastically improves your quality of copy. Check out swiped.co
2.) Get off Upwork and find real, paying clients who value you. You'll be paid much higher.
3.) Find one worldclass copywriter and mimic them. Study them until you can hear them in your sleep. I personally chose Halbert.

WinTheDay

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Oct 20, 2015
USA
Honestly, if you were selling the idea of condoms to parents you'd be a bit closer to your target.

None of this stuff was a question in my mind as a teen.

I wasn't worried about STDs at all and school lectures said condoms weren't 100% STD proof anyway.

It reads more like a parent lecturing their child. Would you get excited by copy that lectured you?

Even if you nailed the format, this won't persuade. It doesn't speak to their wants, needs, or desires.

You have to step inside their shoes. If you are a teen, then consider what you want.

What motivation would you have to buy condoms and how would you decide between brands?

If you miss the mark on what they actually want and why they might care, it's over before they finish your headline.

Thank you for the reply and I have went back and revised it trying to put myself in the shoes of the buyer and really aiming to hit their wants, needs and emotions this time around. A lot of the formatting may be off because it was copy and pasted and none of the MSW sticks but narrowed target to Teenage Males

Specific Outcome: Sell Specific Condoms to Teens

YOUR ULTIMATE FANTASY IN A WRAPPER

Do You Remember The Last Pack Of Condoms You Purchased?

Were You In A Rush At The Time?

If so, you probably grabbed one without putting much thought into it.

“There just condoms right, should I?”

WRONG

What if I told you that there are condoms that feel like you’re NOT WEARING ONE?

What if those same condoms contain

SPECIAL LUBRICATION that makes sex even more PLEASURABLE

It.Feels.Better

I know you’re probably wondering

“Does it really make me feel something?”

YES and here’s how…

Our latex is ULTRA THIN…

We made our condoms with BOTH parties in mind

So it’s made to produce intense pleasures for him and her.

MORE PLEASURE = BETTER SEX

It’s Everything You Want in a Condom plus More
Have as many sexual partners as you please with no worries .

In Fact

We want you to have these so we are having a special where if you

BUY ONE PACK YOU

GET THE SECOND PACK FREE!

TELL A FRIEND
Receive a FREE pack when you refer a friend.

If YOU ARE READY TO EXPERIENCE YOUR ULTIMATE FANTASY

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE…
Don’t just hear about it… be the one who’s telling about it.

Live Young Wild and Free…from Kids and Diseases.

Peakdesire

Burning Desire to Succeed
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
May 16, 2014
3 pieces of advice for beginning copywriters:

1.) Build up a swipe file NOW. A quality swipe file drastically improves your quality of copy. Check out swiped.co
2.) Get off Upwork and find real, paying clients who value you. You'll be paid much higher.
3.) Find one worldclass copywriter and mimic them. Study them until you can hear them in your sleep. I personally chose Halbert.

Hi TheGrind, any advice on getting off of upwork and finding clients? How does one do this?

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Hi TheGrind, any advice on getting off of upwork and finding clients? How does one do this?

I have some advice.

1. Don't listen to gurus who haven't seen results from what they preach.
2. If you don't know how to take clients off of UpWork or find clients outside of UpWork, stay on UpWork.
3. Don't waste your time studying Gary Halbert if you ever hope to make money with this.
4. Don't waste your time studying one "world-class" copywriter because you won't capture their style.
---- Their niche probably isn't your niche anyway. They sell to dumbass wannabe copywriters.

I grabbed a $2k/mo client on retainer last week on UpWork. That's $2,000 every month before writing 1 single word.
Never studied Gary Halbert. Only read Ca$hvertising, Breakthrough Advertising and one or two other books on copy.

If you want to study something, pick a niche and study it. Study the people in that niche. Study how they talk, how they think, and why and what they buy. Study the people who sell to that niche just enough to pick up a little bit of their style. Then make your own.

Forget everything you think you know about copy.
You wanna know why I didn't post about Gary Halbert in this thread?

Because you'll never make money trying to be like Gary Halbert in 2016.
Anyone who tells you opposite is kind of full of doodie.

Let that sink in for a minute.

The answer to your question about getting clients off UpWork is found in my How to Make $1000/week thread.

The short answer is, just ask.

P.S. I don't and have never used a swipe file.

Peakdesire

Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
May 16, 2014
I have some advice.

2. If you don't know how to take clients off of UpWork or find clients outside of UpWork, stay on UpWork.
3. Don't waste your time studying Gary Halbert if you ever hope to make money with this.
4. Don't waste your time studying one "world-class" copywriter because you won't capture their style.
---- Their niche probably isn't your niche anyway. They sell to dumbass wannabe copywriters.

I grabbed a $2k/mo client on retainer last week on UpWork. That's $2,000 every month before writing 1 single word.
Never studied Gary Halbert. Only read Ca$hvertising, Breakthrough Advertising and one or two other books on copy.

If you want to study something, pick a niche and study it. Study the people in that niche. Study how they talk, how they think, and why and what they buy. Study the people who sell to that niche just enough to pick up a little bit of their style. Then make your own.

The answer to your question about getting clients off UpWork is found in my How to Make $1000/week thread.

Hi Lex thanks for your reply.

I just got my first 2 jobs done on upwork at $20 per hour, and got 5 start ratings + great reviews, thanks your "make money copywriting" thread.

How do you approach creating the proposals? Do you create a quick proposal mentioning your previous similair projects and focusing on his needs, or do you basically write a sales letter to prove your skills? How long you take on writing each one?

This guy Danny Marquee who is at $250 per hour on upwork, adviced that you should basically give the exact example of your previous work that matches what the client want's. If it's a fitness sales letter, you should post a fitness sales letter as an example, and if you don't have one, you should create one.

Could you clarify how you get clients? Thanks Lex!

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Hi Lex thanks for your reply.

I just got my first 2 jobs done on upwork at $20 per hour, and got 5 start ratings + great reviews, thanks your "make money copywriting" thread.

How do you approach creating the proposals? Do you create a quick proposal mentioning your previous similair projects and focusing on his needs, or do you basically write a sales letter to prove your skills? How long you take on writing each one?

This guy Danny Marquee who is at $250 per hour on upwork, adviced that you should basically give the exact example of your previous work that matches what the client want's. If it's a fitness sales letter, you should post a fitness sales letter as an example, and if you don't have one, you should create one.

Could you clarify how you get clients? Thanks Lex!

I custom tailor every proposal for the individual client and their needs.

I RARELY apply, because when you can help people like you say you can, they come to you.

I never accept or apply to gigs unless I know 100% for sure that I can help them make more money.

Screen Shot 2016-09-14 at 6.47.39 AM.png

All of these except 1 are people who contacted me. I met with them, didn't fit. Withdrew.

One of them was a fit. I took that client out of UW and withdrew because why keep it open?

FYI $250/hr means nothing. Mostly it just filters out virtually everyone.

Usually I see people from TFF doing that to try and feel good about rates they don't actually earn...

I don't ever write sales letter style applications. I write what the client needs to read to know what I can do.

Sometimes that means writing more. Sometimes it means writing less.

It always means linking to my portfolio and telling a story about how I helped someone with a similar project.

Sometimes it takes minutes. Sometimes it takes hours.

I'm looking for big fish with very specific needs, so I take as long as it takes to make it right.

Peakdesire

Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
May 16, 2014
I custom tailor every proposal for the individual client and their needs.

I RARELY apply, because when you can help people like you say you can, they come to you.

I never accept or apply to gigs unless I know 100% for sure that I can help them make more money.

View attachment 13183

All of these except 1 are people who contacted me. I met with them, didn't fit. Withdrew.

One of them was a fit. I took that client out of UW and withdrew because why keep it open?

FYI $250/hr means nothing. Mostly it just filters out virtually everyone.

Usually I see people from TFF doing that to try and feel good about rates they don't actually earn...

I don't ever write sales letter style applications. I write what the client needs to read to know what I can do.

Sometimes that means writing more. Sometimes it means writing less.

It always means linking to my portfolio and telling a story about how I helped someone with a similar project.

Sometimes it takes minutes. Sometimes it takes hours.

I'm looking for big fish with very specific needs, so I take as long as it takes to make it right.

Love it.

I appreciate you taking the time to assist.

How long did it take you to reach that point where clients started contacting you instead of you sending applications?

Is there anything I can do at this point where I have 2 reviews on my profile to help me get jobs faster? Other than creating a really ''you'' focused proposal? I know many people don't want to hire ''newbies''. Is there any tactis to overcome this at this stage?

By the way, how long did it take you to reach the point where you're pulling 2k per month clients? :)

Rep+++

Brandon Parker

All or nothing
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Apr 16, 2015
Anchorage, AK
I have some advice.

Listen to this advice. If you just try to copy somebody else, you'll be a sub-par knock off at best. Great copywriters learn from the best people/books, but use the knowledge to create their own unique style and voice. Developing your style takes lots of time and practice. There aren't really any shortcuts.

Take this from somebody who decided to go with copywriting without experience. It's a skill like any other. You can earn money with it pretty fast if you know what you're doing. However, getting to the point where you can understand the client's needs perfectly and deliver grade A copy takes time.

That's my experience so far at least.

TheGrind

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Jan 20, 2016
Honestly? If you're a good enough copywriter you'll have no issue finding more clients then you can handle. There's a massive demand for copywriters, but Upwork and the real world are two totally different ball games.

Create a direct mailing campaign, that's what I did at first and use your copywriting skills to wow prospects and get clients - it's that simple.

TheGrind

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Jan 20, 2016
I have some advice.

Respectfully, I disagree.

I never meant to try and be exactly like that copywriter - but study a legend and learn all you can from them and move on to the next. Your copy will improve.

I'm not trying to be like Gary Halbert, but rather learn all I can from him to perfect my craft.

I completely disagree in only reading those 2 books, simply because copywriting is a craft. Study all you can and continually improve your knowledge.

That being said, you'll learn more from doing. Create an info product or something to have a revenue stream, something in your portfolio, and you'll refine your skillset.

By not having a swipe file, you're just doing more work than necessary and likely won't see the same results as you would with one. Mine provides a great deal of motivation as well when writing copy.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I never meant to try and be exactly like that copywriter

That's an important distinction! Lots of young guys try to copy exact style and it ends up a disaster.

They don't find much work because their style doesn't fit their niche or their client's needs.

That being said, you'll learn more from doing. Create an info product or something to have a revenue stream, something in your portfolio, and you'll refine your skillset.

I totally agree with this. Even if you don't know the psychology part, you can learn to write copy by doing. It's the only way to earn.

No doing, no earning.

Peakdesire

Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
May 16, 2014
Respectfully, I disagree.

I never meant to try and be exactly like that copywriter - but study a legend and learn all you can from them and move on to the next. Your copy will improve.

I'm not trying to be like Gary Halbert, but rather learn all I can from him to perfect my craft.

I completely disagree in only reading those 2 books, simply because copywriting is a craft. Study all you can and continually improve your knowledge.

By not having a swipe file, you're just doing more work than necessary and likely won't see the same results as you would with one. Mine provides a great deal of motivation as well when writing copy.

Yeah studying the legends while actually implementing is a good idea for sure.

I do have an infoproduct business and i have the sales letters on my portfolio.

Did you start on Upwork and move out?

TheGrind

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Jan 20, 2016
Yeah studying the legends while actually implementing is a good idea for sure.

I do have an infoproduct business and i have the sales letters on my portfolio.

Did you start on Upwork and move out?
I started on there but quickly moved off.

Create a website and begin marketing yourself. Make some YouTube videos or something along that line to position yourself as an expert. Cold email, send a direct mail campaign, whatever.

One thing I did was cold email Clickbank product owners and pitch to rewrite their sales letters for $500 or something small. It drew up a fair amount of business.

Swam010

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Jul 8, 2016
First of all, thanks Lex for an astonishing thread! I'm doing the challenge and am on challenge 2.
You learn people what it means to add value to the world!

Here's the thing:

I've met a guy who does this:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.langmission

Instead of poking holes in his app description I want to mail him and offer help by:

writing this:

Meet Captain Joy and join him on a mission to defend the cities from the attack of English words.
Download the app right now absolutely for free.
Remember that learning by playing makes you remember more!

Currently native vocabulary is translated only to these languages: polish, german, spanish.

Want to help us with translating native vocabulary to other languages? Contact us at http://langmission.com.

Ideal app for your children to learn English
Into this: ( for free )

Prepare Your Children for the Future!

Teach a new language in a year or less.

(Without using your own time)

In a world where language becomes increasingly important, you can’t stay behind. Your children are the generation of the future and as a parent you want to prepare your children for their future.

Learning a language significantly increased their chances and success in life and they will be grateful for you having offered them those chances.

But learning a language is time consuming and costly….. right?

Not with the LangMission Android Language Game! By playing a game, children learn a language twice as fast and efficient.

LangMission offers a children a great and fun to play language game to teach your children English. Meet Captain Joy and defend the city from the attack of English words!

How can I get this?

It’s free to download in Polish – German or Spanish in the Android app store.

Here’s a secret:…..

Adults are using this too, in fact 90% of the downloaded apps are used by parents as well, it’s that effective!

And what now?

Give yourself and your children a chance to learn a new language :

Click here ……………………………. To Download Now While it’s Still Free.

Looking forward to have holes poked in here.

thanks a million

Swam010

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Jul 8, 2016
Challenge day 1: ( performed on 14th of Sept )

Thanks again for this thread!

Here's how I've fulfilled becoming Jesus:

- I have written a mission statement + vision statement for the Finance & Controlling department and I've sent this to the CFO of
the company I work for. Here's the mail:

Hi M*****,

I’m writing this to you just as person to person.

Maybe I’m totally off, and there is already something existing that I’m not aware off.

in that case forget my mail.

However if not, may you find value in following thing:

Attached I’ve written for you a mission statement and vision for Controlling within Logistics.

Why this would help you and add value:

- it would be a strong and clear statement by you to all controllers in logistics.

- it would be a strong and clear statement by you to other logistics departments when working with a mission and vision

- it would be very beneficial when hiring new controllers worldwide to adapt profiles directly during interviews

- When direction even more clarified by you, momentum will grow and you will reach faster results in projects etc.

- Controllers can be easier assessed by you because of how well they contribute to vision and mission in their role.

- It gives you control because a well written mission and vision in line with the company long term goals makes strategic decision easier.

Now off course this is customizable and I also don’t know if it fits your way of working. I just write this

to you to purely help because of the potential that lies behind mission and vision.

The largest and most successful companies all have in common to work with strong missions and visions where people identify with.

This is just from me to you, no one else, as help to develop controlling and make it even more future proof.

Give it a thought,

If you dislike it, hit “delete” and no hard feelings at all.

Regards

He called me on Friday 16th and he really really liked it! He proposed to have an in person talk about it on how to take this further
down the organisation. Now how cool is that ;-)

Still I have a lot to learn, but I start to get the picture about what entrepreneurship is all about.
This forum is life changing! thank you all!

Peakdesire

Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
May 16, 2014
I started on there but quickly moved off.

Create a website and begin marketing yourself. Make some YouTube videos or something along that line to position yourself as an expert. Cold email, send a direct mail campaign, whatever.

One thing I did was cold email Clickbank product owners and pitch to rewrite their sales letters for $500 or something small. It drew up a fair amount of business.

Thanks for that. That's a great idea and I know how to make killer VSL's.

How many projects did you get from mailing those Clickbank product owners?

One question: do you know how to craft an effective proposal that works? I'm kind of freestyling every proposal and don't really know what I'm doing..

TheGrind

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Jan 20, 2016
Thanks for that. That's a great idea and I know how to make killer VSL's.

How many projects did you get from mailing those Clickbank product owners?

One question: do you know how to craft an effective proposal that works? I'm kind of freestyling every proposal and don't really know what I'm doing..
I think I mailed around 600 and about $8000 in work booked.

As far as the proposal, just imagine you were whoever it is you're pitching to and think what would you want to hear?

Understand your target audience and their desires, motives, etc. Use your copywriting skills to get business yourself.

arfadugus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 5, 2014
Day 2 | Technique Lesson 1
Make Them STOP!

View attachment 9416

Stop signs share an important message worth exploring. When we see a stop sign, we know what to do. We stop. But why? What specifically makes us stop?

Forget the fact that we've been trained for more than a century to stop at red, octagon-shaped signs. Instead, let's consider the deeper message. Let's think about what the word S.T.O.P. actually does.

The word STOP triggers something in our mind. That something is fear. On a deeper level, it's our survival instinct. STOP taps into our desire to live. If we blow through a STOP sign then we're at much greater risk of death by car accident, and that's something we want to avoid.

STOP also triggers very powerful emotions. When we see a stop sign, we instantly process the following:

If I don't stop it could get my whole family killed.

If I don't stop I could be responsible for the death of someone else.

If I don't stop I could wreck my car, and lose (insert any number of things here).

Now let's look at how this message applies to copywriting, and how we can use it. STOP is a short, 4 letter Headline in all CAPITAL LETTERS, almost always printed in bold. It taps into our basic desire to live, and the emotions surrounding the negative impact of our actions if we ignore it, and it almost always gets our attention.

STOP signs exist for 1 reason - to make us STOP!
When we stop we can think. When we think we can observe. When we observe, we take in more info that helps us decide if it's safe to proceed, and this is exactly what your headline must accomplish!

The first goal of your headline is to make them STOP!

If a prospect doesn't stop, they won't think, and they won't proceed through your text. That means they won't buy anything either. So the first technique of copy that sells is a headline that makes them STOP!

How do I make them stop?

This is where desire & emotion come into play. Now, some books will tell you that you have to tap into desire, and others say you only need emotion. Both can work alone, but they work way better together.

But before they can work at all, you have to tap into the right desire & emotion.
To do that you MUST change your perspective. You have to think in terms of them, not you. By shifting your perspective you can ask questions that gain clarity about what your prospects really want, instead of assuming you know what they want.

Let's look at how two popular books accomplish this.

"The Automatic Millionaire" & "The Millionaire Fastlane "

Two very different books that are both top-sellers. One sells the idea of saving coffee change, while the other sells the idea of starting a business. So, why don't either of these books mention anything about saving money, or starting businesses in their headline?

Because the reader doesn't desire those things, and doesn't connect emotionally either!

Instead they had to get inside their reader's mind and ask the right questions.

Who am I? (Target Market)
Young, 18 to 30 year olds, primarily male.

What do I want? (Desire)
Fast money, fast cars, to not have to work for money or riches. Freedom from jobs.

Why do I want it? (Emotion)
Money, & super cars will make me powerful & seductive.

What if TMF used this headline instead:

Get Rich by Starting a Business and Failing a Lot.

Would you have stopped? Would you have opened the book? Would you have read the first line? Would you have still dedicated your entire life to making this shit work no matter what? Would you even be here right now?!

Probably not, because the headline doesn't speak to you personally. It doesn't tap into your desires or emotions. It doesn't give you a reason to care.

A lot of psychology goes into your headline, but you don't have to spend 10 years learning about it to be effective. All you have to do is ask questions from the prospect's perspective and figure out what they really want. Then find a way to write it in your headline.

Now that you know that your headline's ultimate goal is to make them STOP by tapping into desire & emotion, let's check out some ways you can enhance your headlines.

1. If it's 3 words or less, use ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.
----- "INSTANT CASH LOANS"

2. If it's more than 3 words, Only Capitalize the First Letter of Each Word, Following Basic Grammar Rules.
----- "Big Johnson's Beer & Liquor if We Don't Have It, We'll Get It!"

3. If you can tap into desire / emotion & be creative, then your headline will have more power.
----- "Unleashing the SUPER Ideavirus - Ideas that Spread, Win"

4. Length is based on the headline's goal. If you need it processed fast, then use less words.
----- "How to Win Friends & Influence People"

5. Get rid of extra words. Every word must have a purpose.
----- "Here's How You Can Switch Gears, Downshift, & Drive Into the Millionaire Fastlane .
vs. "The Millionaire Fastlane " - Way less words. Way more impact.

6. If you can add subtle influence to your headline, such as a CTA, you'll add power.
----- "NOW! Get a FREE Animal Tail Butt Plug with Every Vibrating Prostate Massager!"

^
(Now, that's a deal you can't pass up!)

You don't have to be a copywriter to get good at writing headlines. All you need is practice. Take your time, and give every product, website, or cover letter serious thought. It may take you 2 hours to come up with something, but when you get it right it works pretty much every time.

Remember, Your #1 Goal is to MAKE THEM STOP!

Day 2 Challenge

1. Help someone. Do it without asking for anything in return. Just like yesterday.

2. Come up with 5 to 10 products / services / or something else you want to sell. Give serious consideration to the questions above. Figure out the customer's deepest desire. Figure out the emotions they want to experience. Then write 5 to 10 headlines utilizing what you've learned, that MAKE THEM STOP!

If you're feeling brave you can post your headlines in this thread for others to critique. But no pressure.

:jimlad:

Now that you know the first & most
important element of all copy
you can move on to Day
3 -
Influence Lesson
DAY 2 CHALLENGE
Neck Pain GONE INSTANTLY!
-For a tool to massage your neck.
QUIT CAFFEINE PAINLESSLY!
For a quitting caffeine supplement.
Lose Weight Without Hunger, the whole foods, plant based diet
-Vegan diet for weight loss
Skip the KETO FLU, electrolyes to make you feel GREAT
-Electrolyte supplement for ketogenic diet
Become a PRO, copywriting for dummies.
-Copywriting for dummies book

How'd I do?

Peakdesire

Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
May 16, 2014
I think I mailed around 600 and about $8000 in work booked.

As far as the proposal, just imagine you were whoever it is you're pitching to and think what would you want to hear?

Understand your target audience and their desires, motives, etc. Use your copywriting skills to get business yourself.

How did you find all the email addresses without spending 20 hours digging them up from somewhere?

TheGrind

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Jan 20, 2016
How did you find all the email addresses without spending 20 hours digging them up from somewhere?
That's the thing, I did spend 20 hours digging them up. You could hire a VA but I didn't.

Most Clickbank sales pages have contact pages with an email.

arfadugus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 5, 2014
1. Help someone. Solve a problem for someone. Do it without asking for anything in return just like yesterday, and just like the day before. Remember, it doesn't have to be something epic. Just something that impacts them positively in some way.

2. Write 5 new headlines that MAKE THEM STOP, and tap into your prospects desires & emotions.

3. Using your product or service, or something you make up, write a paragraph or two to your target customer utilizing the influential phrases you learned in this post. Consider using all 3 types of phrases for maximum impact, and remember to write with intent. Find ways to show how your product helps your customer while driving them toward the action you want them to take.

Ok so I just finished the day 3 challenge. Since I didn't get any replies on day two I'm going to assume my titles were really bad lol I know this day 3 challenge is pretty bad too that is why I NEED you guidance!

Day 3 Challenge PART 2
1. "The only diet to CURE heart disease"

-Book about plant based diet

2. "Karezza, fix your relationship without getting emotional"

-guide for guys to fix their relationships without talking about feelings.

3. "FAST AFFORDABLE LAPTOP"

-Chrome book

4. "How to take EXTREME OWNERSHIP of your life"

-"EXTREME OWNERSHIP" Jocko Willink and lief Babin.

5. "Cut your work in half!"

-AI robot

Day 3 challenge part 3

"A Call to Action: Belief and the Secret Law of Autosuggestion"

Think about all of the times you wanted to start living out your dreams.

You never started to work toward any of your goals because you were afraid that you would fail.

If you do not believe that you can accomplish your dreams, then how can you?

What if I told you that you CAN accomplish your goals?

Would you believe me?

Would you believe in yourself?

I'm going to show you the secret to believe in yourself.

This will make you take action and conquer fear.

The first step to accomplishing your dreams and goals are in my book "A Call to Action: Belief and the Secret Law of Autosuggestion."

BUY IT NOW and stop Procrastinating!

Usually it is $9.99 but if you buy it by Friday you will get it for $4.99

How could it get any better!?

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah

Ok so I just finished the day 3 challenge. Since I didn't get any replies on day two I'm going to assume my titles were really bad lol I know this day 3 challenge is pretty bad too that is why I NEED you guidance!

Day 3 Challenge PART 2

-Book about plant based diet

-Chrome book

-"EXTREME OWNERSHIP" Jocko Willink and lief Babin.

-AI robot

Day 3 challenge part 3

You never started to work toward any of your goals because you were afraid that you would fail.

Would you believe me?

The first step to accomplishing your dreams and goals are in my book "A Call to Action: Belief and the Secret Law of Autosuggestion."

Making claims like this will get you sued.

It's NOT okay to make statements you can't back up. Especially regarding issues of health.

Only takes one person misinterpreting it to end you.

If you want us to judge the copy, stop adding notes that explain things. Are you going to add notes on all your copy so your audience knows wtf you're talking about?

I would think this was for a woman, not a guy.

This doesn't tell me anything. You had to explain it in a comment below. That's whole purpose of the headline.

If your headline doesn't tell them what they're looking at and why they should care, then you failed.

Even just putting "Chrome Book: A Fast Affordable Laptop" would have been more clear.

This is a little better, but only if the audience is already familiar with what you're talking about.

Again, too vague. You need to include what you're talking about in your headlines.

If people don't know you're talking to them, they won't care and they'll bounce.

Would you believe me?

Surprisingly, this isn't terrible. It could be longer and include more details and probably some bullet points about what they get, but the writing and questions aren't too bad.

The call to action at the bottom needs work. Feels spammy.

Last edited:

arfadugus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 5, 2014
Making claims like this will get you sued.

It's NOT okay to make statements you can't back up. Especially regarding issues of health.

Only takes one person misinterpreting it to end you.

If you want us to judge the copy, stop adding notes that explain things. Are you going to add notes on all your copy so your audience knows wtf you're talking about?

I would think this was for a woman, not a guy.

This doesn't tell me anything. You had to explain it in a comment below. That's whole purpose of the headline.

If your headline doesn't tell them what they're looking at and why they should care, then you failed.

Even just putting "Chrome Book: A Fast Affordable Laptop" would have been more clear.

This is a little better, but only if the audience is already familiar with what you're talking about.

Again, too vague. You need to include what you're talking about in your headlines.

If people don't know you're talking to them, they won't care and they'll bounce.

Surprisingly, this isn't terrible. It could be longer and include more details and probably some bullet points about what they get, but the writing and questions aren't too bad.

The call to action at the bottom needs work. Feels spammy.
Awesome response! I guess I have a lot to work on!

As of the heart disease thing, the diet has been shown to reverse heart disease (slowly) In a lot of cases. But I didn't wanna say that in a headline. But I guess I can't say what I said. I even knew that I shouldn't have said it that way but I said it anyway. I guess I'll listen to that feeling next time.

The karezza thing. I think guys don't like talking about feelings and women do. That's why I aimed it towards guys.

And the rest of the advice I think I can fix.

P.s. Not trying to justify any of my mistakes I knew it was bad when I wrote it haha

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I knew it was bad when I wrote it haha

Cut that statement from your dictionary right now. Never say it again.

You did the best you could based on where you're at. In time you'll learn and grow.

Never discount your own work when you do the best you can.

And if it's not the best you can do...don't use it. Do better.

Just do your best. That's how you form the process if you wanna be a pro.

arfadugus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 5, 2014
Cut that statement from your dictionary right now. Never say it again.

You did the best you could based on where you're at. In time you'll learn and grow.

Never discount your own work when you do the best you can.

And if it's not the best you can do...don't use it. Do better.

Just do your best. That's how you form the process if you wanna be a pro.
Thanks! Can't wait to do today's challenge!

arfadugus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 5, 2014

Day 4 Challenge

1. Help someone. Solve a problem for someone no matter how big or small. Don't ask for anything in return.

2. Write 5 Headlines for a real product that MAKES THEM STOP.

3. Write 10 sentences utilizing the influential words from Influence Lesson 1. Make sure you write sentences from all three influential time periods. No need to post them here. This is an exercise for yourself, and if you don't do it, you don't hurt anyone but yourself.

4. Figure out what the 1 action is that you've been putting off and do it. If you're trying to get freelance gigs and are afraid you don't have experience, submit your cover letter and see what happens. If you're thinking of cold calling local shops to pitch websites, then do it, and get real results. Whatever 1 thing you've been putting off due to fear, or lack of motivation, or whatever else, just F*cking do it.

1 Going to help my girlfriend reduce clutter at her house today.

1. "ASTAFX, What Would you do With a Tuned up Brain?"
2. "WAKA WAKA Solar Lamps, the FUTURE Off the Grid"
3. "Life Straw! Hydrate Anywhere Without Fear!"
4. "DavetheVegan, Golden Knowledge Without Reading Entire Books!"
5. 'The Millionaire Fastlane Forum, Connect, Grow, Learn"

1. Buy The Ultra Touch Lampshade NOW and you'll get a second one FREE!
2. Grab your family costumes by Friday so you don't miss out on Halloween!
3. Consider your options, Fastlane? Slowlane? Sidewalk?
4. Join Davethevegan army now.
5. Start taking ACTION today, what's the worse that could happen?
6. Click here to see the AMAZING results of others just like you.
7. 9.99 per shovel while supplies last.
8. Submit your cover letter for a FREE evaluation.
9. Imagine what you can do if you don't have an achy back!
10. Would you like to buy my car? I'm moving Friday so it has to be sold by then. Thank you!

Been finally taking action by writing my blog posts. 2-3 per week.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.