The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Let's try this again.

mpcharles

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 1, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Hi all,

My name is Mark, I am 35 from Perth, Australia. I read MJ's original Fastlane book a couple of years ago and thought that I heeded his message. I promptly made some large declaration to everyone and went back to my job that I hated. I kept this up for the last 2 years until I really really did hit my 'F*ck this' event in July this year.

I almost had a breakdown, suffered numerous mental and physical ailments and quit my job. I have been off work for now 3 months after I took a much needed break to recuperate and get my health back in order.

During this time I read 'Unscripted ' and just kept saying 'wow'. It really does take one of these events or something in your head to finally be ready to listen to the message. I was deeply miserable at my job and was contemplating suicide. That's when I knew I had to make drastic changes.

I realised I wasn't ready for MJ's message back then nor was I willing to accept working in jobs that I hated any more. I have always dreamed of running my own business and helping others.

I have flirted with entrepreneurship all through my life, but nothing ever serious.

I have now reached a point, after having 3 months off. That I am ready to get off the couch and start thinking and taking action about the future. Luckily I have a supporting and loving wife who has 'funded' my time off which I will be forever grateful for.

I will start a progress thread shortly to document my progress once I figure out the pathway I want to take.I have made about 60 pages of notes from MJ's book which I am reviewing now. In time I want to be able to give back to the community and help others but in the meantime I will be humble, ask for as much help as I can get and learn from others.

A little bit more about me. I have worked in HR/Employee relations for trade unions (which I don't love), have excellent sales and people/communication skills. I am married for 10 years, have 2 cats and I also help the community as a part time firefighter. If I can be of help to anyone please contact me.

Kind regards
Mark.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Davejemmolly

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Oct 1, 2018
Australia
Welcome to the forum mate.
I'm just down the road from you in sunny Mandurah.
If ever you need a local to bounce an idea off, don't hesitate!
Glad to see you back on your feet!

mpcharles

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 1, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Welcome to the forum mate.
I'm just down the road from you in sunny Mandurah.
If ever you need a local to bounce an idea off, don't hesitate!
Glad to see you back on your feet!

Thanks all and Thanks Dave!

I will definitely take you up on that offer :)

How are you going all the way down there?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007