The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Lee's Coaching Business Progress

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Lee Ashby

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Sep 14, 2016
Hello Fastlaners. I'm doing this post as a way of keeping me accountable and to share my journey and different steps I end up taking.

Quick recap. Since July 2nd 2016, Ive been on an entrepreneurial journey. Long story short, My Partner Jacqui and I started a counselling / coaching business that is going really well. She is up front seeing clients, while I work behind the scenes on the website, marketing , client programs, & related physical products etc.

Right Now Dec 2020. I've now completed years of online training and finally feel competent as a coach. All my skills combined I think really round out a nice package of skills that many will find useful. As I package my services and niche down - I'm getting on with it and am getting started.

Because I don't have a large network to begin, I am starting with a free weekly video based coaching service. Which I think is a neat idea, low commitment, delivers great value and help people to know me and discover if I am a good fit / can help them. You can join at my website if you really want.

I didn't want my website to just be a glorified brochure. I want it to deliver value in itself and have a purpose. Which I think is essential in 2020 and beyond.

I've landed on LinkedIn and Youtube being my social channels and will try and avoid facebook to begin. (any thoughts on this from fellow coaches / consultants?)

From my marketing training I've discovered it's all about building a referral network and having good b2b relationships with other similar business / coaches and services.

So part of my reason for posting here is to increase my visibility and connect with other coaches and people offering specific services. I really like the idea of being able to refer clients to other experts and be the conduit for clients growth and excellence.

The other thing I find interesting is that coaching is definitely global and has gone digital. So really mind blowing opportunities with reach / niche and scaling. Our counselling sessions have all turned to zoom and it's working really well.

For now I'm happy to focus 1 on 1 coaching and eventually level up my pricing as demand increases. Over time I know there are fastlane leverages to implement such as group work and members areas etc. It's a fun and interesting space to be in.

In terms of niche. I am drawn to supporting solopreneurs, startups and small teams. However I'm open to working with IT pro's and others who are wanting to change careers and mix things up to find balance, passion and purpose in their work.
This was the reason for me branching away from government and IT project work in the first place. To ultimately make a bigger impact and difference in the world.

My next phase is all about putting together my first program and rolling out my content and building my network while supporting and growing our existing counselling / coaching business.

Feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn or drop me a line if you have any questions, comments or feedback.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/lee-ashby/

Regards Lee!
All the best for 2021!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tiago

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 22, 2014
Hey Lee,

Just saw your thread now. Fellow coach here, great initial post. How has your progress been since you started the thread?

Lee Ashby

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Sep 14, 2016
Ok update time. I'll try and keep it brief.

In my original post I said this ...
"My next phase is all about putting together my first program and rolling out my content and building my network while supporting and growing our existing counselling / coaching business."

Over the last 2 and a half months, Ive been making posts and recording videos to lay down some base content and get my free coaching series underway. I'm pretty happy with that and will continue the video service, as it serves multiple points for the business. (attract, get to know me, like the content, good fit etc).

It has been hard though finding the time, as our main current business needs so much time for all the admin and marketing and its own content etc. I'm pretty fast at it all, but I think it's time to look at outsourcing some of this stuff, like marketing and ads etc. A mentor is helping in this space.

I've also quit alcohol. So now I am operating at top speed 7 days a week. I decided to go for 12 months without a drink. No problem so far. I think this is made possible using my coaching skills on myself!

I've also put my first coaching program together. All around re-calibration and supporting big ife change. It's a six session program, with a pretty comprehensive folder of material. I really like it. It's priced sharp and is my first offering.

A mentor I'm following in the coaching space talks about moving to groups as quick as possible. So after I get traction 1-on-1 that is a model I'd like to follow. - And still deliver maximum impact & results for clients.

Where I can do better:
I have not really increased my linkages with people on linkedIn or sought to find clients, so this will be a high priority over the next few months, especially because I now have some base content to build from.

During the last update, Ive also created a new card game for the counselling business around couples affirmations. So I am excited to finish it and get it promoting and selling. I think it will be a great lead product to get visibility and follow through for clients in the couples counselling and coaching space.

If you want to see my youtube channel where I hold my weekly coaching series, you can here.
I welcome any contructive feedback.

P.S As a side note, my partner, (and I) received an email this morning from a past client, thanking us and reflecting on the changes they've made and the journey they've been on. And how much of a better place they are in, and how they themselves can help others. It was excellent. It was a great reminder of the big WHY. on why we are doing what we are doing. Fastlane is great, but we must be traveling on a worthy road too.

I'll aim to post a new update every month to keep me more accountable and focused.

Einfamilienhaus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Feb 8, 2019
If you offer business coachings for Entrepreneurs, how much is your own company worth and what kind of experience you want to share as a mentor on how to run an own business?

Lee Ashby

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Sep 14, 2016
If you offer business coachings for Entrepreneurs, how much is your own company worth and what kind of experience you want to share as a mentor on how to run an own business?

Good question. And heres the part I need to articulate in my marketing and services.
I'm not a 'business guru' nor aim to be one specifically.
Where I can help is in the mindset and strategy. The handling of stress, problems and perspective.

My services are all geared around providing stability, accountability, and someone to talk to outside of their normal sphere. For the clients to operate at their best - no matter what size of business they may run.

So to your point, it's not important if I have a 7 figure business etc.

What's important is that I'm genuine. Have achieved a level of success and stability that I am happy with and can offer help from this position.

I can help people transitioning from 'normal work' or other people that need this kind of support no matter their position or stage of career / business / life.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks for the question though, it does raise good points around 'optics' and where I can best help people the most.

Lee Ashby

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Sep 14, 2016
It's been over a month since my last update. I'll keep it short.
I finally have our printed product boxes coming in from China. I will use these as a marketing piece to get visibility on our brand and our counselling business. So even if people dont buy our product thet may be interested enough to view our site and services, and filter that way into our funnel / know of our services.

In any case the product will be beneficial for our existing and new clients.

For my side of things, Ive dedicated Fridays to my coaching side of things. Having a dedicated block of time, allows me to go deep and get engaged with networking etc, and doing posts like this.

I am continuing to refine my website and service offerings to be attractive.
Ive just created some coaching gigs on fiverr too that should bring in some fresh leads.

I think the main issue now is around visability, and honing in on the problems I can solve.

I know for me, one of my main issues is I have a very broad range of experience. So in the end its a good thing. but to win business I need to have ONE compelling offer and solution etc.

This side of things is really interesting.

I'm beginning to reach out to people in my Achology community. A recent workshop on Identity received great feedback and was very useful. So I am refining that as a service for solopreneurs. Something like "Master your identity for Authenticity in the Marketplace". Which ironically will help people with their message and steps going forward.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Lee Ashby

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Sep 14, 2016
Wow it's coming up to nearly a year since my last update. My coaching has been a lower priority unfortunately, as I support my partners counselling business - and put that as #1 priority.

During this time, I have come to accept that this is the role I need to focus on, and work towards efficiency and automation as much as I can.

I've largely achieved this through the website working well attracting clients. Upping my game (and ad spend) in googleads to get more quality leads.

Creating excellent content and being consistent with our newsletter.

On Jacqui's side of the fence she is working with clients well, and putting her training into practice.
Together we are able to offer a 'compelling package' to clients.

With low expenses - we are cruising along nice and stable.

Which brings me to now, and the next steps. This stage is all about growth and using my time to 'add my paddle' to the water.

My training has really helped me step up with 'what I know' - I need to apply it now.
Having excellent products enables me a talking point / focus point.
Combining this with 'peoples problems' is the next step.
I have sacrificed engagement and connection while I have been building. So the tide needs to turn now.

I will be looking at getting a VA or some help as I head down this path.

Some recent training indicated - working together in parallel rather than separately is a worthy cause for couples in business. So this insight has been helpful for my direction...
This means my work will be around improving communication in relationships and being a better partner.
My business coaching will be put to the side for now.

Another area I need to level up in, is in the ecommerce space. I'm looking into that too. And hope to use that channel as a client attraction method in its own right.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.