The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Leave Your Mark

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

RayAndré

Dare to differ.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 7, 2017
251
505
257
28
Puerto Rico
Take a minute to think...
What is your primary purpose in life?
What is the primary purpose in life for others?

I would say: to leave your mark. Leaving some sign that you were here on Earth.

Some people choose to leave their mark on their world, by being great parents.
Others choose to leave their mark on the world, like inventing cars or flying to Mars.
Others may choose to leave their mark on themselves by living on a remote island their whole life.

Leaving your mark is surviving past your time. The type of mark you choose to leave is what determines what you do day to day. Some people don't know the type of mark they want to leave.

What is your primary purpose in life?
What kind of mark do you want to leave? How do you want to survive past your time?
 

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
993
1,930
547
43
Lyon, France
What is your primary purpose in life?
to live according to my understanding of life

nothing more, nothing less



5 % of the population is leading the other 95 % in a way or another


5 % : the yang of society, the brain who knows what it wants

---> politicians, entrepreneurs, enlightened masterminds behind the scenes and so on


95 % : the yin of society , the energy that is used to execute the plans of the mastermind


---> most people who follow the trend


mastery .jpg



in this world , you are either the mastermind of your system or energy in society.


as i said before :

energy.png


energy 2.png
 

Raoul Duke

You wouldn't get it.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Feb 26, 2016
1,550
5,480
1,285
to live according to my understanding of life

nothing more, nothing less



5 % of the population is leading the other 95 % in a way or another


5 % : the yang of society, the brain who knows what it wants

---> politicians, entrepreneurs, enlightened masterminds behind the scenes and so on


95 % : the yin of society , the energy that is used to execute the plans of the mastermind


---> most people who follow the trend


View attachment 18358



in this world , you are either the mastermind of your system or energy in society.


as i said before :

View attachment 18359


View attachment 18360

In short, one may say anything about the history of the world--anything that might enter the most disordered imagination. The only thing one can't say is that it's rational. The very word sticks in one's throat.

And, indeed, this is the odd thing that is continually happening: there are continually turning up in life moral and rational persons, sages and lovers of humanity who make it their object to live all their lives as morally and rationally as possible, to be, so to speak, a light to their neighbours simply in order to show them that it is possible to live morally and rationally in this world.

And yet we all know that those very people sooner or later have been false to themselves, playing some queer trick, often a most unseemly one. Now I ask you: what can be expected of man since he is a being endowed with strange qualities?

Shower upon him every earthly blessing, drown him in a sea of happiness, so that nothing but bubbles of bliss can be seen on the surface; give him economic prosperity, such that he should have nothing else to do but sleep, eat cakes and busy himself with the continuation of his species, and even then out of sheer ingratitude, sheer spite, man would play you some nasty trick.

He would even risk his cakes and would deliberately desire the most fatal rubbish, the most uneconomical absurdity, simply to introduce into all this positive good sense his fatal fantastic element.

It is just his fantastic dreams, his vulgar folly that he will desire to retain, simply in order to prove to himself--as though that were so necessary--that men still are men and not the keys of a piano, which the laws of nature threaten to control so completely that soon one will be able to desire nothing but by the calendar.

And that is not all: even if man really were nothing but a piano-key, even if this were proved to him by natural science and mathematics, even then he would not become reasonable, but would purposely do something perverse out of simple ingratitude, simply to gain his point.

And if he does not find means he will contrive destruction and chaos, will contrive sufferings of all sorts, only to gain his point!

He will launch a curse upon the world, and as only man can curse (it is his privilege, the primary distinction between him and other animals), may be by his curse alone he will attain his object--that is, convince himself that he is a man and not a piano-key!

If you say that all this, too, can be calculated and tabulated--chaos and darkness and curses, so that the mere possibility of calculating it all beforehand would stop it all, and reason would reassert itself, then man would purposely go mad in order to be rid of reason and gain his point!

I believe in it, I answer for it, for the whole work of man really seems to consist in nothing but proving to himself every minute that he is a man and not a piano-key! It may be at the cost of his skin, it may be by cannibalism! And this being so, can one help being tempted to rejoice that it has not yet come off, and that desire still depends on something we don't know?

You will scream at me (that is, if you condescend to do so) that no one is touching my free will, that all they are concerned with is that my will should of itself, of its own free will, coincide with my own normal interests, with the laws of nature and arithmetic.

Good heavens, gentlemen, what sort of free will is left when we come to tabulation and arithmetic, when it will all be a case of twice two make four? Twice two makes four without my will. As if free will meant that!

Dostoevsky's Notes From Underground
 

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
30,374
110,212
3,751
Fountain Hills, AZ
Leaving your mark is surviving past your time.
Yes, leaving a legacy.

The Commandment of Time should help in this area because your creative invention will survive separate from your time. For instance, if my books survive transcendence, it's likely they still might have some popularity after my death.
 
OP
OP
RayAndré

RayAndré

Dare to differ.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 7, 2017
251
505
257
28
Puerto Rico
to live according to my understanding of life
nothing more, nothing less
So your purpose is on the action you take throughout your life? Not on the output of those actions?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

  • Sticky
MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
What’s the minimum amount of skills and knowledge needed to start the course ? This is...
  • Sticky
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Ah, I should've checked here to find out that it was free! Although, Amazon only charged $2 for...
  • Sticky
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Pick the one you need most. Some just buy them all. :D Loving your email sequence.
  • Sticky
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Dropping a quick note in here to say... if you are on TFL, you are part of an elite group of...
  • Sticky
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I joined @Kak's business incubator in the first week of May. During our daily chats we uncovered...


Visit A Forum Sponsor
sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock