The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Learning for learnings sake... How to add a “why”?

hatedsalesrep

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jul 2, 2017
Orlando, FL
I’ve gotten better over time. I used to read books just to say I read a lot of books. Now, I’ve gotten more strategic and only read books I can apply now.

But, there are somethings I want to do that don’t necessarily align with an end goal. Doesn’t mean it can’t. An example is I want to learn to code software that animates things and connects them. Things like IOT.

I just wanna try it. Mess around with arduino and learn something new.

Same with learning Chinese. I’m about to shell $500 for 12 weeks of lessons. I simply feel it’s a good language to know for business.

Are these valuable reasons?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MILIANARD134

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Mar 22, 2018
France
Can you sleep like a baby and don't think about your bills while doing it ? If yes. Then do it. If no, then skip

flower_girl

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jul 9, 2019
I think a good question to ask is "what is the most valuable use of my time right now?". Usually the answer comes to me pretty quickly.

On the other hand I think we all need some down time. I would ask myself, is this productive time or down time? I generally allow myself 1 - 2 hours down time a day (just relaxing and doing whatever I want or feel like doing).

Maybe you could do something similar?

Rawseed

Legendary Lurker
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Mar 1, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Learning to speak Chinese is a good thing to learn if you're starting a business that requires that you know how to speak Chinese. The same thing with coding and everything else you could learn.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Strategery

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Jun 25, 2019
I struggle with this idea too. I love learning Spanish, and have no real need for it, but I still practice a little every day. I just haven't made it a big priority lately because I know it's not the best use of my time. But if it helps keep you sane, as @flower_girl implied, go for it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.