The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Learn How To Advertise Like Apple

Marketing, social media, advertising
G

Guest12120

Millions tuned in today at 10 am PST to watch a nearly 2 hour long Apple commercial. Undoubtedly Apple's marketing team is one of the best (if not the best) in the world. They spend millions of dollars every year on production and advertising, and they must be doing something right since they netted $59 bln last year.

When I watch events, like this keynote, I'll try to pay attention to how Apple markets their products.

Not everyone can spend millions of dollars on promo videos, images, graphics and everything else, but you can definitely do some things following the same principles Apple uses. These are not groundbreaking by any means but still underused by the majority of small business owners advertising online.

Here are some examples:

Products in use
They demonstrated every single product/service they talked about today.

First Emotions - Then Specs
Apple Watch segment opened with an emotional montage of real-life stories about Apple Watch saving people's life. Features and specs came in later.

User Testimonials/Social Proof
Apple loves to brag how many hundreds of millions use their products and (especially with Apple Watch) they show a lot of user-generated content.

Extreme Use Cases.

They positioned the new camera on the new iPhone 11 Pro as good enough to be used by professional photographers and filmmakers. They showed some crazy good images and videos created with this camera. If it's good enough for the pros, it's good enough for a regular user.

Main Features
They focus most of their attention on a couple of the most important features like a new camera in the iPhone 11 Pro (front and center) or new display on a new Apple Watch

Give It A Name
Almost all of the features have a name like: Slofies (WTF?!), Liquid Retina, FaceID, Bionic A13, Always-on Retina, Smart Keyboard, etc.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• 1568153456752.png
    1568153456752.png
    967.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 1568153669639.png
    1568153669639.png
    577.6 KB · Views: 3

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
The release they made afterwards was amazing.

If only their current product line up were as cool as their ads...

Oh well, at least this means older iPhones will be on sale.

And great post.

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
I was at a Tony Robbins event during the weekend and they discussed Apple's strategy: create RAVING fans who will spread your marketing message for you.

You know who they are - the guys who will queue for HOURS during a new product launch.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
I was at a Tony Robbins event during the weekend and they discussed Apple's strategy: create RAVING fans who will spread your marketing message for you.

You know who they are - the guys who will queue for HOURS during a new product launch.
I don't think that's their strategy. Their strategy is to make products they love. When Steve was around he would just make products he himself got a [expletive] for. If it wasn't right, back to the drawing board and start all over.

These great products are what create the raving fans.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
I think it's also worth nothing that their employees are also raving fans, their Advertising department are all raving fans, the executives? raving fans... that's part of the reason they can create Ads as great as the one I posted before. There's a team that genuinely believes in the products. They just pour their genuine energy into it.

As well as smart marketing.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Typing this from my new 2019 Macbook Air I picked up today. Fast, smooth, does exactly what I need it to when I need it to.

Guess it worked...

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
Typing this from my new 2019 Macbook Air I picked up today. Fast, smooth, does exactly what I need it to when I need it to.

Guess it worked...

How's the keyboard? I need to replace my Mac soon. Its 4 years old and too heavy now.

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
I don't think that's their strategy. Their strategy is to make products they love. When Steve was around he would just make products he himself got a [expletive] for. If it wasn't right, back to the drawing board and start all over.

These great products are what create the raving fans.

I do agree - during the Steve Jobs reign they actually created products that excited me.

Now I'm just...meh. The new iPhones are ugly and if you've read the Steve Jobs bio by Walter Isaacson - he'd be spinning in his grave at the thought of Apple launching cheaper handsets to capture the lower end of the market.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
How's the keyboard? I need to replace my Mac soon. Its 4 years old and too heavy now.
I haven’t had it long enough for any problems to surface yet. But so far I’m liking it.

The key travel is a lot less than you’re probably used to but you get used to it. Other than that it’s a great travel laptop.

If you need more power (photo/video editing) then you should probably spring for the base MacBook Pro.

Equilibrium

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jun 14, 2015
Legit miffed I can't input my thoughts on this.
*watches*

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.