The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Layed-off at 57 and TFL is changing my life.

Lakeview

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 5, 2013
Texas
WOW! I'm unemployed and as excited as I've ever been.

Allow me to introduce myself... Lakeview is my profile name- yep, I'm on a lake in Texas where I thought I would retire. Problem is I was in the slow lane and thought I would be working another 10 years continuing to stash away what I could in the company 401K, hoping to have enough to survive getting old. There are more than a couple of problems with that slowlane approach. Once you reach my age, employers don't want to pay what your years of experience can bring so they let you go earlier than you would expect. In all honesty, I can't say I blame them. In this day and age, does anyone really own me anything? NOPE! "If it is to be, it's up to me!"

I'm in pretty good shape for a guy my age. Who knows how long I will live? My dad is still alive and he told me he had not planned on living past 63, he is now 84. Crap, now tell me how are you supposed to plan on retiring when you don't know how long you're going to live? Screw it, take charge!!!!

I have been in field sales with 18 years of sales management in the industrial service industry for years. I have been sole searching and studying, researching and reading books. I have always been one of those that didn't read for fun but for knowledge. I have to say The Millionaire Fastlane spoke to me like never before. Perhaps it was timing but I know I can do this. I'm blessed to have the support and trust of a wonderful wife of 30 years, working to keep us a float until I can make this happen. I will make this happen so she can quit her slowlane job, we can travel and enjoy not retiring but living while we live TFL.

I know my market and I intend to leverage the internet and my knowledge to shift over to the fastlane. Watch out, I'm moving over..... my blinker's on.

I will tell you now, I have spent time reading some good stuff on this forum and will continue to do so. I hope I can reciprocate in some way, some day. Thanks in advance for letting me learn from you and I value your support. I promise I will shoot straight with you on this forum, as one should expect.

I recently read:
  • Choose Yourself
  • The Lean Startup
  • The Millionaire Fastlane
  • The Age of the Platform
  • Internet Marketing an Hour a Day

Let me know if you have other good reads......

Now I have work to do!!!!!

Regards,

JW

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
Welcome to the forum and best of luck on your path to fastlane!

helmguy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Sep 17, 2013
Could you let us have a link to the thread you mentioned Z?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

workingtitle

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
May 27, 2013
Last edited by a moderator:

rkmalo1

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Sep 14, 2012
Chicago
His passive income thread is on the Inside, I think this is the 2nd time I have said this, it is well worth the price of admission!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
Lakeview...I'm 51 brother. Same boat pretty much. I told my Wife I'm not working for anyone again...thinking..Hell, no one's going to hire me..lol. Don't really care. What's great about being a bit .. wiser.. is we know first hand we don't have time to waste. Every day..EVERY DAY ..I do something to push myself forward.

Good luck and join the INSIDERS !

Ikke

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jul 20, 2012
Netherlands
The passive income thread is on the inside if I remember correctly. JW best of luck on your journey, go kick some a$$ :thumbsup:

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
Sounds like you have a great attitude about your situation. Congrats, that is a huge plus!

1PercentStreet

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 16, 2012
Vegas
Read
4 Hour Work Week
Rich Dad, Poor Dad - I personally do not like Guy Kawasaki but as a book this is great.
One Minute Manager
It's Your Ship

Glad you've joined the forum, join the inside. It's worth more than you know.
Pay attention to these guys:
MJ
zen*******
Vigilante
TheTruth
RealOG
snowbank
Likwid24
Lighthouse
Darius
Vick
PatrickP
Runum
AllenCrawley
andviv
TropicalMBA
Eskil
and a few others. These guys are first that come to mind.

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
I know my market and I intend to leverage the internet and my knowledge to shift over to the fastlane. Watch out, I'm moving over..... my blinker's on.

To help with the switch...

I highly suggest reading psycho-cybernetics. It will help you adjust your self image as you make the switch from the job world to the fastlane.

Psycho-cybernetics is one of my top recommended books besides the Fastlane book and the Little Engine that Could. (dead serious about the little engine that could haha).

BrianPM

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Oct 9, 2013
Cleveland, OH
Few books mentioned here already are good

Rich Dad, Poor Dad - got me started on thinking about the closer you are to the information or the source the more money you stand to make (MJ talks about this as well in a different way, just you retain more control)
4 hours Work Week - interesting approach, 80/20 rule isn't groundbreaking but good examples listed
The better people Leader - not as much business, but people will touch every business so applicable in some ways

And I'm about to start Relentless - its a sports book, (Kobe Bryants trainer) but again, these principles are cross-over imo.

Use the advantages not having a job allows you (freedom and autonomy).

"No man who rises before dawn 360 days a year will fail to make his family rich"

GL!

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
Hey Lakeview....any status update ? what's new ?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...