The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Law of attraction success stories anyone?

Anything related to matters of the mind
G

GuestUser8117

I'm not a big believer in LOA, well a little. I always read the book The secret even if I know it's not working. I would like to hear success stories from you guys. Big manifestations, I mean inspiring stories. Some people say it has changed their lives so obviously there is some truth.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sandeep

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Dec 30, 2012
I don't believe you will attract anything without sacrifices, working hard and making deals outside! :nonod:

Twiki

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Oct 7, 2012
Hi Omerta, I know you wanted to hear LOA success stories but I'm going to share something a little different here. It's something I like to show people sometimes when the LOA topic comes up.

I figure that individual success stories that people like to share and listen to, esp. when it comes to things of a semi-mystical nature like LOA, are prone to confirmation bias. So instead, I ran a couple of Google Trend queries a while ago, based on the idea that as an aggregate, if there was anything at all to the LOA / "The Secret"... then there may be observable trends given the claims made about LOA and it's effect on prosperity.

KNyOU.png

Here we have on top the trending pattern of searches "law of attraction". You can see a massive spike of interest in 2006 / early 2007, as LOA became a HUGELY successful example of viral marketing. This topic entered the consciousness of millions of people, who became true believers and did their best to apply them. It was the dawning of a new age of prosperity and abundance (similar waves seem to happen at turn of each century).

So, you'd think that with millions of people becoming focused on attracting wealth and success by raising their vibrations, there'd be some observable effect, right? Well, at the bottom of that graphic I show the trending pattern (same time period) for search term "foreclosure". You can see

We can't determine cause-effect here, of course. I'm not saying LOA caused the financial crises and collapse of the housing market, since clearly those disasters were developing long before 2006. But I do think the lack of "expected" results as prophesized by the LOA crowd, and in fact the reversal of expectations as demonstrated by Google search, is an interesting thing to note.

Actually, if there is any cause-effect relationship, instead of it being the case that LOA contributed to financial collapse, rather I'd bet it's more likely that they shared the same conditions that caused them (believing in effortless prosperity and abundance as represented by infinitely rising property values and endless credit, fear of negative thinking, the focus on visualizing bigger houses, etc.)

PS. Personally I love mystical stuff like Jane Roberts and Robert Monroe material, so I'm not dismissing the metaphysical concepts themselves. And I do think that "raising your vibes" and having a positive mental attitude are very useful. I hope that my little observation here is not taken in a dispiriting sense, in fact it's the opposite. One thing that bothers me about LOA is that it can leave people feeling like they're not doing it right, like they're "failing" at manifesting their dreams by using "The Secret". Hopefully this little graphic comparison helps people recognize that, apparently, pretty much no one is!

McNandez

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Jan 3, 2013
I think Twiki pretty much covered what I have to say about the Secret and the LOA, but I can tell you that I've had great results by examining my own behavior and thoughts.

Three years ago, I was in credit card debt, was 20lbs overweight, and thought I was doomed to mediocrity. Since then, I began observing myself as a scientist would, meaning without judgment and with an emphasis on gathering and analyzing data. I quickly learned that I was destructively negative, easily distractable, and was basically treating myself very poorly. Now, I'm at a healthy weight, free of consumer debt, and I work every day to be positive and helpful to others. Because I took specific action, instead of simply asking the universe for peace, my behaviors and thoughts are genuine. In other words, I built this new perspective, and thus have the tools to get back on track when things don't go my way.

However, one thing that I do that might relate more to the LOA is that I keep visual reminders of my goals in places where I'll see it. I guess it could be called a "vision board", but I use it as more of a brain bulletin. Ex: When I was paying down my credit card debt, I printed out a recent statement and whited out my balance and wrote "0.00" over it. I pinned it up over my dresser so that every morning I would see it and remember that that's what I wanted. It influenced every decision I made from that point on, i.e., Ok, I don't want to risk adding to my balance, so I'll make my lunch instead of planning on buying it. That had the happy by-product of getting me to eat better, which gave me more energy, which helped me exercise, which made me feel better, etc.

RBefort

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 14, 2012
Like others mentioned, I read The Secret and instantly tried visualizing and attracting things; wondering how in the hell this was possible. Then, when something happened, I started looking for correlation. Ie, we were at a work meeting, they were handing out giftcards for prizes. I instantly visualized getting one and had this strong notion to get one. First name out, I won. However, the more I've read more material from MJ and other authors, I don't believe it as much. That isn't to say I don't think it's helpful, but like the others mentioned above, it's good in changing your mindset and such. Law of Attraction basically turns your mind into "I gotta have it" instead of "I should have it," inspiring you to take action; which we all know is the most powerful thing you can do.

S

stranger

I think LOA is a way to push a person to the right actions. My great friend said his favorite book was Science Of Getting Rich. He said it had helped him to make his 1st 1000000 bucks in the 80s. I read it too as well as some other books on that topic, but I'm not a fun of LOA. LOL;

G

GuestUser8117

Hi Omerta, I know you wanted to hear LOA success stories but I'm going to share something a little different here. It's something I like to show people sometimes when the LOA topic comes up.

I figure that individual success stories that people like to share and listen to, esp. when it comes to things of a semi-mystical nature like LOA, are prone to confirmation bias. So instead, I ran a couple of Google Trend queries a while ago, based on the idea that as an aggregate, if there was anything at all to the LOA / "The Secret"... then there may be observable trends given the claims made about LOA and it's effect on prosperity.

KNyOU.png

Here we have on top the trending pattern of searches "law of attraction". You can see a massive spike of interest in 2006 / early 2007, as LOA became a HUGELY successful example of viral marketing. This topic entered the consciousness of millions of people, who became true believers and did their best to apply them. It was the dawning of a new age of prosperity and abundance (similar waves seem to happen at turn of each century).

So, you'd think that with millions of people becoming focused on attracting wealth and success by raising their vibrations, there'd be some observable effect, right? Well, at the bottom of that graphic I show the trending pattern (same time period) for search term "foreclosure". You can see

We can't determine cause-effect here, of course. I'm not saying LOA caused the financial crises and collapse of the housing market, since clearly those disasters were developing long before 2006. But I do think the lack of "expected" results as prophesized by the LOA crowd, and in fact the reversal of expectations as demonstrated by Google search, is an interesting thing to note.

Actually, if there is any cause-effect relationship, instead of it being the case that LOA contributed to financial collapse, rather I'd bet it's more likely that they shared the same conditions that caused them (believing in effortless prosperity and abundance as represented by infinitely rising property values and endless credit, fear of negative thinking, the focus on visualizing bigger houses, etc.)

PS. Personally I love mystical stuff like Jane Roberts and Robert Monroe material, so I'm not dismissing the metaphysical concepts themselves. And I do think that "raising your vibes" and having a positive mental attitude are very useful. I hope that my little observation here is not taken in a dispiriting sense, in fact it's the opposite. One thing that bothers me about LOA is that it can leave people feeling like they're not doing it right, like they're "failing" at manifesting their dreams by using "The Secret". Hopefully this little graphic comparison helps people recognize that, apparently, pretty much no one is!

That's a very smart comparison.

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
Visualizing yourself happy, healthy, and successful is super important. But it takes action to back up your positive thoughts. Think of them as 2 important tools that work in combination.

SBS.95

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Oct 14, 2012
Pennsylvania
I believe the Law of Attraction is true to an extent. I don't think you can have success at anything if you don't believe in yourself and your ability to do it. You've got to believe you can do something great if you want any chance of accomplishing it.

However, sitting at home concentrating on becoming a millionaire isn't going to get you anywhere, I don't give a damn what the law of attraction says. Coming home from work and sitting on the couch in silence, looking like you're taking a massive shit because you're concentrating so hard on visualizing yourself with a Lambo isn't gonna make an Aventador show up in your driveway. Coming home from work and still putting in the hours your business needs, while at the same time having that picture in the back of the mind of picking up that flashy exotic car from the dealership.... now that to me sounds like a much better picture of success and the way to obtain it.

GetShitDone

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Dec 20, 2012
Canada
I have a success story to do with the LOA and it's related to fitness. In my early years of high school I was the skinniest and one of the smallest in my grade and probably even skinnier then a lot of people a year younger then me. I couldn't take it anymore and jumped into the gym and started to work out and like any other teenage gym newbie I started out with thinking curls and using machines would make me huge. Ignoring nutrition, smart education on working out, sleep, water, etc. A year passed and extremely mediocre results.. still skinny as hell.

The year after I started to research as much as I could and intake all the information possible that would get me to hit my goal of getting big and I executed with an amazing full body workout gym sessions full of power lifts. That, and amazing nutrition along with rest made me hit my goal of getting ripped within 6 months. I come back to school after summer holidays and everyone thinks I did steroids. True story. Now what did the LAW OF ATTRACTION have to do with any of this? I literally visualised myself every single day of being huge and walking into the building on the first day of school being jacked and everyone thinking "what the..?". I visualised it while I worked out pushing through gruelling 5 rep squats and deadliest and also visualised it while chugging down a disgusting weight gainer everyday. Even before I slept! I guess you could say I was obsessed (dedicated) with getting jacked back then.

So what happened 6 months after I decided to be serious about working out and VISUALISING me walking into the building on the first day with all eyes on me full of surprises? It really REALLY did happen pretty much the same way that I had envisioned in my head.

DON'T get me wrong here thinking that I'm telling you that all you need to do is to "Envision" and "Think Positive" to be successful in something.

I'll tell you this though.. its a HELL of a motivational tool and I recommend it as long as you are willing to put in the effort.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I believe that it sure doesn't hurt to be positive and have very clear goals. I think it will steer your actions toward your goal anyway. But, thinking positive wont do it alone.

The constantly negative, woe is me, nothing good ever happens to me kind of people, in my experience, are by far the least successful.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Twiki

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Oct 7, 2012
I think that people who experience positive change and attribute it to LOA concepts could also be considered to be simply putting into effective practice the concepts that were pioneered by Dr. Maxwell Maltz in his 1950's classic "Psycho-Cybernetics". Psycho-Cybernetics focuses more on improving and creating your own self-image, to match what you want, just like people here described visualizing themselves as stronger and fitter physically and financially. I think that has great value and you could argue that it'd be very difficult to achieve those things, if the matching self-image isn't in place yet.

I think the Psycho-Cybernetics approach is more practical and effective, because it focuses on actively improving yourself and your sense of identity/potential, rather than trying to raise your emotional vibrations so that the universe delivers abundance. Both recognize the importance of focusing on what you want, and Dr. Maltz is especially good as describing the mind as a telelogical, goal-seeking mechanism, like a guided missile that needs a target, and that is almost always off-course, but self-correcting. But the LOA mindset has always struck me as being needlessly fearful of negativity and considering risks, for example, encouraging people not to buy health insurance because that means you're thinking about disease.

Rick Grantham

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jan 15, 2013
It didn't work for me for years. Now it does. I learned a bit of information that they don't tell you that has made all the difference for me.

You can't weigh 300lbs and visualize yourself thin. Doesn't work that way. You can't feel broke and visualize yourself rich and expect it to work. Here is why...

Affirmations only work if you believe them and they make you feel good. If you weigh 300lbs and have an affirmation like "I am so happy and grateful of my slender, happy and healthy body." You will only feel good until you open your eyes and see that its not even close to reality. This creates a negative emotion. You can't fool yourself unless you are delusional. The same applies to money. Don't get me wrong, setting goals is important, but all the visualizing and money "affirmations" in the world will not make you rich.

Here's what does work.

1. Change the wording of your affirmations (if you want one) to where nothing you are saying feels like a lie. You do this by changing the previous affirmation above "I am so happy and grateful of my slender, happy and healthy body." to something that you can agree with... like "I love the thought of getting more slender. I like the thought of keeping up with my kids and and playing with them." Note the use of the word "thought". Could use "idea", etc. This is NLP, It is changing your words (or rephrasing) to elicit a different emotion. For me, my goals are financial, something looks something like "I love the thought of having the money to take my kids anywhere they want to go and do anything they want to do. I get excited when I think about having money in my retirement accounts and cash in my wallet. The thought feels great."
  2. Look for evidence and celebrate when you find it. This is CRITICAL. I used to just get mad when things didn't go my way --- but wouldn't clap or get excited when things went well. When is the last time you got EXCITED when you got your paycheck (maybe never). I get excited and clap every time (I clap in private -- I'm not a weirdo). When a potential customer comes into my life I jump up and down and fist pump (behind closed doors). Clap every time that you notice the things you want. Giving it emotion every time is CRITICAL.
  3. Try to do this every night (I do it several times a week) - make a list of the things that you noticed that day that were in alignment with your goal. This is EVIDENCE. Celebrate it. Even if it just means that you noticed more slender people around you today. Write it down. Celebrate it. For me, I write down potential customers that seem to be falling into my lap now. Or steps (action) that I took that is aligned with my goals.

The more you notice and celebrate something > The more it doesn't seem like bullshit.

Been doing this for most of 2012. Got promoted last year. Customers are lining up at my day job. In the internet business I am starting, I attracted one of the Top Internet coaches around that has agreed to coach me as long as he can document my progress.

Here is a good book if you want to learn how to make this stuff actionable and why affirmations and stuff don't work.
Law of Attraction: The Science of Attracting More of What You Want and Less of What You Don't by Michael J. Losier

Cheers-
Rick

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
LOA. What a joke. Here's the secret to why mindset make millions:

"We make millions of tiny choices every single day." A cliche self improvement guru would give examples like: elevator or stairs? donut or carrot?

In reality those are choices for very few of us. For most of us, the decision is already made based on our belief structure.

Do you believe cigarettes smell like a$$? Then picking up a cigarette isn't a choice you have to make once a YEAR. Do you believe that potato chips poison your body? Looks like that's not a decision you struggle with too often.

Mindset and belief structures determine outcome more effectively than socially learned behavior, becuase mindset and belief structure more effectively shape our actions.

Visualizing that your house won't go into foreclosure won't stop it from happening. The belief that there's action you can take to prevent it is another story. The belief shapes your actions, which shapes your results.

People get confused and start following LOA like it's a frickin religion. It's not. If you follow LOA principles and TRUELY BELIEVE it will give you the strength to carry on, your belief structure may shape your actions which may result in success. It's not the universe giving you what you want, it's you.

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
I believe the Law of Attraction is true to an extent. I don't think you can have success at anything if you don't believe in yourself and your ability to do it. You've got to believe you can do something great if you want any chance of accomplishing it.

However, sitting at home concentrating on becoming a millionaire isn't going to get you anywhere, I don't give a damn what the law of attraction says. Coming home from work and sitting on the couch in silence, looking like you're taking a massive shit because you're concentrating so hard on visualizing yourself with a Lambo isn't gonna make an Aventador show up in your driveway. Coming home from work and still putting in the hours your business needs, while at the same time having that picture in the back of the mind of picking up that flashy exotic car from the dealership.... now that to me sounds like a much better picture of success and the way to obtain it.

F*&$ING FINALLY someone gets it! I get so tired of hearing these people visualizing, and that's it. Like they are "preparing" for the day the wake up and become a millionaire. There is no sense in it. Could you... possibly think about it while you're working? Or would that actually require you to do something involving hard work and logic.

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
I have a success story to do with the LOA and it's related to fitness. In my early years of high school I was the skinniest and one of the smallest in my grade and probably even skinnier then a lot of people a year younger then me. I couldn't take it anymore and jumped into the gym and started to work out and like any other teenage gym newbie I started out with thinking curls and using machines would make me huge. Ignoring nutrition, smart education on working out, sleep, water, etc. A year passed and extremely mediocre results.. still skinny as hell.

The year after I started to research as much as I could and intake all the information possible that would get me to hit my goal of getting big and I executed with an amazing full body workout gym sessions full of power lifts. That, and amazing nutrition along with rest made me hit my goal of getting ripped within 6 months. I come back to school after summer holidays and everyone thinks I did steroids. True story. Now what did the LAW OF ATTRACTION have to do with any of this? I literally visualised myself every single day of being huge and walking into the building on the first day of school being jacked and everyone thinking "what the..?". I visualised it while I worked out pushing through gruelling 5 rep squats and deadliest and also visualised it while chugging down a disgusting weight gainer everyday. Even before I slept! I guess you could say I was obsessed (dedicated) with getting jacked back then.

So what happened 6 months after I decided to be serious about working out and VISUALISING me walking into the building on the first day with all eyes on me full of surprises? It really REALLY did happen pretty much the same way that I had envisioned in my head.

DON'T get me wrong here thinking that I'm telling you that all you need to do is to "Envision" and "Think Positive" to be successful in something.

I'll tell you this though.. its a HELL of a motivational tool and I recommend it as long as you are willing to put in the effort.

Awesome post, but you see... the people who rely on the law of attraction don't like stories like this. In this post you mentioned working your a$$ off. Some seem to think that the LOA only requires thought, and it just comes to you. No, it is nothing supernatural at all, you think about doing something so much that you get off your a$$, and work until you achieve it.

Halffull

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Oct 25, 2012
I think from a scientific perspective, it's pretty easy to debunk LOA.

You run a race, three people all want to win... only one can win. No amount of "attracting" can change that. Because of scarcity, most goals we have are in fact like running a race, not everyone can have them.

G

GuestUser8117

Thank you Rick for your clarification. The more you take action, the more it will work on your side....

Hans im Glueck

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Jan 15, 2013
Amsterdam
I don't know about the Secret but I read 'Ask and it is given' and it helped me tremendously. (The second time reading it, the first time I thought 'lol F*ckin hippies'). No one said you can make it rain dollar bills and magically manifest anything instantly, the basic assumption is that you get more of whatever you focus on. However, generally people aren't aware of what they're focusing on. For example by trying to avoid failure you're actually focusing on failure, thus making it more likely.

Using those LOA techniques makes you aware, so you focus on what you want (instead of what you don't want), which makes you more likely to do the right things at the right time, notice opportunities and seize those opportunities. Doing this continuously improves your odds of success (but doesn't guarantee it, because there are NO GUARANTEES EVER). If you want to put that stuff in a scientific context check out Tom Campbell on youtube or read his book My Big TOE (and keep an open mind).

Twiki

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Oct 7, 2012
I don't know about the Secret but I read 'Ask and it is given' and it helped me tremendously. (The second time reading it, the first time I thought 'lol F*ckin hippies'). No one said you can make it rain dollar bills and magically manifest anything instantly, the basic assumption is that you get more of whatever you focus on. However, generally people aren't aware of what they're focusing on. For example by trying to avoid failure you're actually focusing on failure, thus making it more likely.

Using those LOA techniques makes you aware, so you focus on what you want (instead of what you don't want), which makes you more likely to do the right things at the right time, notice opportunities and seize those opportunities. Doing this continuously improves your odds of success (but doesn't guarantee it, because there are NO GUARANTEES EVER). If you want to put that stuff in a scientific context check out Tom Campbell on youtube or read his book My Big TOE (and keep an open mind).

I think this is a very fair and practical attitude towards LOA.

Fair because it points out that even LOA doesn't advocate just sitting on a cushion and visualizing, although the general tone of LOA appeals most often to the passive schlubs who hope for that being the thing that could bring them wealth and health (and I'm not saying that everyone who benefits from LOA falls into that category). I think it doesn't hurt the marketing of "the Secret" to encourage that unhealthy desire.

Practical because it identifies the key element of LOA that makes it work when it does: causing people to focus on what they want, instead of what they don't want. This is simply a well-founded psychological principle that's been shown to increase the chances of actually achieving desired results. It's the same principle that Dr. Maltz described in Psycho-Cybernetics (which is the basis of almost all self-helpy works these days): the success-seeking mechanism vs. the failure-seeking mechanism.

If some people absorb that key element and apply it, whether that message is coming from a channelled spirit guide, or a self-help book, or some talk therapist, good for them!

The weird thing is, in a lot of the LOA books, there are wall-to-wall tales of woe and down-on-my-luckery. "My dog has fleas, Abraham [the channelled spirit of wisdom] what can I do??? And my step-daughter was caught shoplifting at Wal-Mart, Abraham, how can I attract a better step-daughter???"

ABRAHAM: "MY CHILD, IT IS WRITTEN, IF YOU WANT YOUR DOG TO BE FREE OF FLEAS, YOU MUST FOCUS ON THE GOOD FEELINGS WHEN YOUR DOG IS NICE AND FUZZY. IF YOU THINK ABOUT FLEAS THEY WILL BE ATTRACTED TO YOUR DOG. IF YOU WISH YOUR STEP-DAUGHTER TO BE A BETTER PERSON, YOU MUST FOCUS ON HER GOOD QUALITIES INSTEAD OF HER ADDICTION TO PAIN-KILLERS. YOU MUST RAISE YOUR LEVEL OF VIBRATION TO RECOGNIZE THE ABUNDANCE OF THE UNIVERSE WHICH CREATED WAL-MART, AND THIS WILL CREATE THE REALITY WHERE SHOPLIFTING IS NO LONGER NECESSARY AS INFINITE PROSPERITY IS AVAILABLE TO HER."

The other thing that gets in the way of LOA's practical idea is the way "the Secret" claims that people like Benjamin Franklin, Albert Einstein, and I think if I recall correctly, even Jesus Christ, achieved their achievements because they knew and practiced "the Secret", as if they were part of some ancient mystery cult that passed along this secret knowledge. That seems to appeal to the kind of drama-inclined people who not only get excited by something like "the Da Vinci Code", but who actually believe the story!

Hans im Glueck

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Jan 15, 2013
Amsterdam
It's the same principle that Dr. Maltz described in Psycho-Cybernetics (which is the basis of almost all self-helpy works these days): the success-seeking mechanism vs. the failure-seeking mechanism.

Exactly. I think so many people get confused about the 'Secret', because it isn't a secret at all.

The reason why the lazy schlubs don't seem to get results with this is the same reason they fail at everything else.

1. they want events, but neglect the process.

2. they want others to do it for them.

On the other end of the spectrum there are the willpower-people, who try to take massive action by sheer discipline. However, it's a much better leverage point to focus on MAKING YOURSELF WANT to take massive action instead of using willpower.

The point of Psycho Cybernetics, LOA techniques etc. is to progressively increase your (emotional) certainty of success, without any objective evidence. If your'e sure that you will succeed you will enjoy working towards it, which will produce results, which will reinforce your belief/certainty -> upward spiral.

Here is a vid of Tony Robbins and Frank Kern explaing it (long, but very much worth it):

[video=youtube;tCGKPEYK3S0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCGKPEYK3S0[/video]

Scout

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Apr 24, 2009
NJ
I have a recent LOA experience that worked very well:

The LOA story: I have really wanted a small metal working lathe for my garage so I can make prototypes and tinker a bit. So I was really thinking about it, I cleaned out the garage and choose a spot in the garage for it. Then I really asked for one. Shortly after I was offered a lathe from a old lady who wanted to get rid of it.

According to the secret, I put out the need for the lathe, created a home for it and my need was fulfilled. Thank you LOA...

The full story: For the past year I have been planning on adding a lathe to my garage (set the goal). I spent a few summers working in a machine shop so I've got a good feel for what I need (educated on subject). I've been checking criegs list/ebay to get a feel for what it will cost me (current market research). Due to renovations to move our 95 year old grandmother in, we needed to completely empty the garage. Thus I was able to plan out were my future lathe and milling machine will go along with the full woodworking shop (fully prepared and set stage so I could store it if I found one). I've been saving some extra cash incase I came across a good deal (accumulating resources and prepping luck). Once I had the place ready I began asking around to anyone and letting people know I was looking to add a lathe to my garage (advertise and tap into social network). A few weeks in one of my friends had a freind who was trying to get rid of a lathe...

So was it LOA or just a natural path to achieving a goal that I set, I had some luck but I was prepared to act when the luck hit...

FYI: I'm still sending out my LOA messages for a Milling machine in the NJ/PA area if anyone has one they don't need...

andyredsox

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Oct 24, 2012
The Law of Attraction has it's effect in everything we do. I'm not saying that this is the ultimate way to attract all the good things in life. But when you come to think of it, it's about being positive with the things that you do. That creates significant result. That will be the driver to reach a favorable outcome.

You don't set out in a boat journey without believing you get to the right shores, right?

You don't leave Miami Airport without the clear knowledge of getting to JKF Airport, that's silly.

The same goes with LOA. When you set to do something, you believe that you will eventually get your desired results. The lack of it will be labor in vain.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.