My name is John and I turned twenty-one this month. I currently work full time for a Web hosting company and freelance Web & UI design on the side. I've had the mindset of an entrepreneur for the better part of my teenage years and I believe that I'll never be satisfied until I operate on my own terms with a business of my own.
For the past few months I've been considering a niche apparel retail; I love apparel and I love the niche that I'd be pursuing, so I believe it's a good match for me. But here's my dilemma: I currently live on my own on limited finances and it would be close to impossible to secure a loan with little to no credit.
What is the likelihood of finding a financial partner or investor in such a start-up? Some people have told me that it's best to wait until you have a large sum of money saved up, but I would just end up repeating the same cycle I've been repeating; 1) work, 2) pay bills, 3) work.
I'm sure plenty of you have been in my shoes. Is there any realistic way to reach my goal?
EDIT: For the record, I know what I need to do to achieve my goal and I'm going to reach it, one way or another. I just don't want to be confused with the people who visit the forums with "amazing" ideas but no knowledge or willingness to put in the work necessary to make the ideas a reality.
For the past few months I've been considering a niche apparel retail; I love apparel and I love the niche that I'd be pursuing, so I believe it's a good match for me. But here's my dilemma: I currently live on my own on limited finances and it would be close to impossible to secure a loan with little to no credit.
What is the likelihood of finding a financial partner or investor in such a start-up? Some people have told me that it's best to wait until you have a large sum of money saved up, but I would just end up repeating the same cycle I've been repeating; 1) work, 2) pay bills, 3) work.
I'm sure plenty of you have been in my shoes. Is there any realistic way to reach my goal?
EDIT: For the record, I know what I need to do to achieve my goal and I'm going to reach it, one way or another. I just don't want to be confused with the people who visit the forums with "amazing" ideas but no knowledge or willingness to put in the work necessary to make the ideas a reality.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
