The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hi, I'm in abit of a dilemma

aaronpeak

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 22, 2022
So my dilemma is this. A little about myself I started investing in bitcoin around 2013. After holding through the pump and dumps im up a fair bit. Nothing crazy swings around low 7 figures so not like i can retire yet.

I can understand why alot of people are ambivalent about it due to its extreme volatility. Personally i think it should be approached with at least a 5-10year timeframe in mind preferably much longer.

I still haven't cashed out though as i look at it more as a legacy for my children also the housing market in my area is grotesquely overpriced and imo on the verge of a deep correction plus we're looking to be entering a period of extreme inflation. Though my wife continues to put considerable pressure on me to buy a property as I guess she sees it as a safety net. Which is fair as id say RE is probably more stable.

I wfh in a job that definately isnt fastlane but its quite stress free i get to pursue my hobby of music making everyday and it basically pays the bills so im at break even more or less. i've taken out enough for a car/boat and we live fairly comfortable with a few years living expenses in cash but i guess its a little strange because its kind of a halfway house between not worrying too much about money and not being able to completely check out. We rent also in quite a shack though in a very nice area.

i'm aware my job is maybe abit too comfortable and doesnt really use my full bandwidth so i was considering getting an online business from empire flippers to run alongside my job to kind of learn. I read a few threads about people doing this with varying success but it definately seems something that you could do alongside a slowlane.

My wife is quite against this though as she thinks it would just take up my time and introduce more risk when we already have a fairly risky investment.
I'm very confident long term however well aware we could have a rocky few years ahead. I guess I just want to spread the risk abit cash flow wise in case my job goes i dont want to be put in a position where im forced to liquidate at an unadvantageous time.

Anyway thanks for reading my blog post i realise im probably in a much better position than most but i guess im just trying to find an optimal way of realising some of the benefits without sacrificing the future.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jerma

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Aug 10, 2020
Canada
You need to figure what you value more and priorities accordingly.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
So my dilemma is this. A little about myself I started investing in bitcoin around 2013. After holding through the pump and dumps im up a fair bit. Nothing crazy swings around low 7 figures so not like i can retire yet.

I can understand why alot of people are ambivalent about it due to its extreme volatility. Personally i think it should be approached with at least a 5-10year timeframe in mind preferably much longer.

I still haven't cashed out though as i look at it more as a legacy for my children also the housing market in my area is grotesquely overpriced and imo on the verge of a deep correction plus we're looking to be entering a period of extreme inflation. Though my wife continues to put considerable pressure on me to buy a property as I guess she sees it as a safety net. Which is fair as id say RE is probably more stable.

I wfh in a job that definately isnt fastlane but its quite stress free i get to pursue my hobby of music making everyday and it basically pays the bills so im at break even more or less. i've taken out enough for a car/boat and we live fairly comfortable with a few years living expenses in cash but i guess its a little strange because its kind of a halfway house between not worrying too much about money and not being able to completely check out. We rent also in quite a shack though in a very nice area.

i'm aware my job is maybe abit too comfortable and doesnt really use my full bandwidth so i was considering getting an online business from empire flippers to run alongside my job to kind of learn. I read a few threads about people doing this with varying success but it definately seems something that you could do alongside a slowlane.

My wife is quite against this though as she thinks it would just take up my time and introduce more risk when we already have a fairly risky investment.
I'm very confident long term however well aware we could have a rocky few years ahead. I guess I just want to spread the risk abit cash flow wise in case my job goes i dont want to be put in a position where im forced to liquidate at an unadvantageous time.

Anyway thanks for reading my blog post i realise im probably in a much better position than most but i guess im just trying to find an optimal way of realising some of the benefits without sacrificing the future.
I always choose the halfway setting. Why not sell 1/2 bitcoin and buy the house? Makes your wife happy, less risk on crypto, you diversify, and have a smaller mortgage payment.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...