- Joined
- Jul 14, 2020
- Messages
- 220
Rep Bank
$1,050
$1,050
User Power: 192%
Hi all,
I've been a slowlaner following the script for almost 40 years. I've worked hard and achieved a lot but never quite reached financial freedom.
I've tried corpo, smaller companies, even bootstrapped startups, hoping to find... something. And it ticked many of my boxes. It was fulfilling, exciting, demanding and taught me a lot. I've met many great people, lived on several continents, been to places and done things many probably only think of from the comfort of their homes.
Yet I've always worked for someone else. Trading my time for money. Without much control and personal scalability. Trapped with a middle class income and building someone else's dreams.
I can't pinpoint the exact event that sent me on a path to look for a different angle. I suppose I've been searching and trying for years, it's just that I didn't have a map.
Until I found @MJ DeMarco's books and this forum. What a source of inspiration and practical knowledge! I spent countless nights reading Gold and Notable threads, taking notes and looking for more answers. Not an easy task to find each relevant piece of the map but well worth it. Thanks a lot for sharing and keeping this place alive.
So here I am, late to the table but wanting to dive in and learn by doing.
I've been a slowlaner following the script for almost 40 years. I've worked hard and achieved a lot but never quite reached financial freedom.
I've tried corpo, smaller companies, even bootstrapped startups, hoping to find... something. And it ticked many of my boxes. It was fulfilling, exciting, demanding and taught me a lot. I've met many great people, lived on several continents, been to places and done things many probably only think of from the comfort of their homes.
Yet I've always worked for someone else. Trading my time for money. Without much control and personal scalability. Trapped with a middle class income and building someone else's dreams.
I can't pinpoint the exact event that sent me on a path to look for a different angle. I suppose I've been searching and trying for years, it's just that I didn't have a map.
Until I found @MJ DeMarco's books and this forum. What a source of inspiration and practical knowledge! I spent countless nights reading Gold and Notable threads, taking notes and looking for more answers. Not an easy task to find each relevant piece of the map but well worth it. Thanks a lot for sharing and keeping this place alive.
So here I am, late to the table but wanting to dive in and learn by doing.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
