The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Landing Pages to Gauge Market Interest

Blaise84

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Jul 8, 2017
Northeast Ohio
So, I have a few variations of an idea, and I'd like to test each variation on avenues like Facebook ads and Google Adwords. What I'm wondering is, would a simple website builder be appropriate for a landing page? (not a full website). Weebly, for example. I'm prepared to invest in a web designer once I get some market feedback and decide on a specific form of the idea.

A landing page made on Weebly, of course, will look much less modern and fancy than something a web designer could build. But one theory I'm toying around with is that at least the variable of "not modern looking" would be constant over all 5 variations.

Any feedback on what I said here OR other ideas about how to make a few landing pages to test market feedback without hiring a web designer or spending 1000 hours learning code? I understand those are the two primary avenues, but has anybody else been in this situation and came up with a creative alternative route?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
Yep..

I've tested and validated ideas with Unbounce and ClickFunnels. CF is kind of nice because you can take payments and even turn that into a pretty decent looking site without a dev.

Blaise84

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Jul 8, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Yep..

I've tested and validated ideas with Unbounce and ClickFunnels. CF is kind of nice because you can take payments and even turn that into a pretty decent looking site without a dev.

I will check these out-- thank you!

journeyman

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Apr 18, 2017
United States
Your approach can definitely work, all you need is one landing page with different variants, that will potentially have different traffic sources. Then you evaluate the data and choose the best.

I've experimented with Unbounce and it was fairly straightforward to create a decent looking page. Even the simplest version took me days though... It is also very easy to create variants based off one template page.

Recently I got a Hostgator account and it has an integrated web builder. The template pages look dope but since I stuck with Wordpress I am not sure how easy this tool is to use. You might want to find a video with a walk-through on Hostgator web builder to evaluate before hand if it would suit you.

Blaise84

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Jul 8, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Your approach can definitely work, all you need is one landing page with different variants, that will potentially have different traffic sources. Then you evaluate the data and choose the best.

I've experimented with Unbounce and it was fairly straightforward to create a decent looking page. Even the simplest version took me days though... It is also very easy to create variants based off one template page.

Recently I got a Hostgator account and it has an integrated web builder. The template pages look dope but since I stuck with Wordpress I am not sure how easy this tool is to use. You might want to find a video with a walk-through on Hostgator web builder to evaluate before hand if it would suit you.

Thanks for the input, I will look into this.

trace987

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
Sep 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Probably learning how to code isn't a good idea if you are ready to use finished platform for it. But it is not a question about modern and fancy style. If you having your landing page building from scratch, estimated, tested and perfectly designed you will use it for a long time. If you refer to a website builder, you can't be 100% sure that it would be supported and worked without bugs in future or even now. Secondly, as I know landing page won't take much time and money to create it. It is perfect for business as you already figure out for yourself. So I think you should search what type of design and message on your landing page will attract customers to buy your product/ service. For starting research and collecting a feedback you should use social networks and e-mail notifications. Experience of different startups shows that it works pretty good. Also as additional think, you can use storytelling and create some background for your future product in order to understand what would be actually the finished product and what do you want to achieve.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.