The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Lamborghini Sixth Element Concept becomes official

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs
0- 62 2.5 seconds!??! Bugatti Veyron: 0-60 in 2.5 secs

The carbon fiber structure does indeed weigh 2,202 pounds and power will come from a V-10 engine; the 5.2-liter V-10 used in the Superleggera LP570-4 producing 562 hp, to be exact. Zero-to-62 mph takes a scant 2.5 seconds and the top speed is more than 217 mph. All-wheel drive is retained and the concept has a six-speed e-gear transmission.

Of course, the main highlight of the vehicle is its carbon fiber-reinforced plastic (CFRP) structure, which helps Lamborghini keep the car’s weight down to that of a small Lotus. Lamborghini says it is leading the pack in the design of vehicles around this material and is the first manufacturer to really have mastered all aspects of its design and use.

image.axd

Lamborghini%20Sestoelemento-thumb-620x168.jpg

Lamborghini%20Sestoelemento%20profile%20-thumb-620x268.jpg

Lamborghini%20Sestoelemento%20top-thumb-620x307.jpg

http://www.thesupercars.org/fastest-cars/fastest-cars-in-the-world-top-10-list/

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I looks like the new Lotus Espirit!

DreamPursuit

Say a little, do a lot
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
May 18, 2010
South Carolina
It looks like something out of a futuristic movie. I am just not digging the area above the engine.(looks unfinished)

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
Don't really care for the rear end but it does look pretty interesting. Ever since VW took them over they have been working on the engineering and putting out some neat cars.

Jarnapal

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 20, 2010
Actually I didn't like it. It looked OK from the pictures that were modelled but the pics from the lambo show look like lots of metal on it!

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I think it is a great concept...

I don't understand the reason behind those V shaped things on the hood... wouldn't that ruin the aerodynamics of the car? Air would flow in instead of over the top... I don't get that part... but hey, what do I know about aerodynamics anyway?

That lotus looks great, in my opinion.

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
Those look like air intakes, in front of the windshield is a low pressure zone. I don't know what they are for but such compact cars with so much stuff jammed in generate a lot of heat. They probably duct the air to an oil cooler maybe?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
post-230-1285858510.jpg

Wow. Just look at that.

The smooth lines.
The beauty.
The elegance.
It just screams "don't you want me?"
I just want to ride that thing all day.

Now...

What do you guys think about the car?

<end joke>

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
post-230-1285858510.jpg

Wow. Just look at that.

The smooth lines.
The beauty.
The elegance.

Now...

<end joke>

Instant classic! :hurray:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Last edited:

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
post-230-1285858510.jpg

Wow. Just look at that.

The smooth lines.
The beauty.
The elegance.

Now...

<end joke>

<joke continues>:

I've been living in the San Francisco Bay Area for the past 26 years.

One thing I've learned-- ya gotta get in closer to make these kinds of decisions.

Take a peek under the hood.

Why?

Because there are some guys up here that look like that.

They just might have some optional "equipment" you're not that keen to get into . . .:blush:

-Russ H.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
post-230-1285858510.jpg

Wow. Just look at that.

The smooth lines.
The beauty.
The elegance.

Now...

<end joke>

I see a Dr. Wood joke somewhere in there...

I wanted an orange or a green when I get one. Might have just changed my mind.

Bill, that car looks alot like your current car.

Darkside

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 4, 2010
San Diego
I had my bachelorette party there!! LOVE IT! The Divas are super hot and really nice. It's fun and safe (don't have to worry about guys hitting on you).

You feel that way now, but there will come a time when you will be wishing that guys would hit on you and none will; then you will wish that you could have your youthful looks back. So enjoy the attention now because it won't last forever. I'm not hating; it's just a fact.

Darkside

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 4, 2010
San Diego
0- 62 2.5 seconds!??! Bugatti Veyron: 0-60 in 2.5 secs

The carbon fiber structure does indeed weigh 2,202 pounds and power will come from a V-10 engine; the 5.2-liter V-10 used in the Superleggera LP570-4 producing 562 hp, to be exact. Zero-to-62 mph takes a scant 2.5 seconds and the top speed is more than 217 mph. All-wheel drive is retained and the concept has a six-speed e-gear transmission.

Of course, the main highlight of the vehicle is its carbon fiber-reinforced plastic (CFRP) structure, which helps Lamborghini keep the car’s weight down to that of a small Lotus. Lamborghini says it is leading the pack in the design of vehicles around this material and is the first manufacturer to really have mastered all aspects of its design and use.

image.axd

Lamborghini%20Sestoelemento-thumb-620x168.jpg

Lamborghini%20Sestoelemento%20top-thumb-620x307.jpg

Fastest Cars In The World: Top 10 List 2009-2010

That thing is hideous! They need to go back to the drawing board.

FDJustin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Apr 30, 2010
Canada
Despite it being ugly, I'm still digging the jagged shard of glass look... And I am not a fanboy of cars, so it has zilch to do with the brand.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
That thing is hideous! They need to go back to the drawing board.

Ah, I kinda like it.

It has an edgy, sinister quality about it.

As an old Star Wars fan, my first thought was "this is what Darth Vader would drive".

Def a bad boy car.

-Russ H.

PS On further reflection, a stray thot hit me: w/a name like "Darkside" (an homage to Star Wars?), I'm guessing you're not feeling the same kinda dark love when you look at it, eh? :)

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
. . .there will come a time when you will be wishing that guys would hit on you and none will; then you will wish that you could have your youthful looks back. So enjoy the attention now because it won't last forever. I'm not hating; it's just a fact.

Wow, Darkside, just goes to show how wrong I can be-- from your posts, I was thinkin' you were a younger guy.

And here you are an older woman--! :blush:

Most ladies I know HATE being hit on. They might like being noticed-- but the physical stuff? Scares 'em.

I'm guessing you've had different experiences?

-Russ H.

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs

Darkside

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 4, 2010
San Diego
Ah, I kinda like it.

It has an edgy, sinister quality about it.

As an old Star Wars fan, my first thought was "this is what Darth Vader would drive".

Def a bad boy car.

-Russ H.

PS On further reflection, a stray thot hit me: w/a name like "Darkside" (an homage to Star Wars?), I'm guessing you're not feeling the same kinda dark love when you look at it, eh? :)

Yea, my name is a homage to Star Wars; I'm a fan. Now that I look at the car again, it's starting to grow on me. What seemed too extreme yesterday seems somewhat good looking now. I still don't like the back but the front part looks good to me now. In this angle, the back looks way too jagged:

Darkside

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 4, 2010
San Diego
Wow, Darkside, just goes to show how wrong I can be-- from your posts, I was thinkin' you were a younger guy.

And here you are an older woman--! :blush:

Most ladies I know HATE being hit on. They might like being noticed-- but the physical stuff? Scares 'em.

I'm guessing you've had different experiences?

-Russ H.

LOL!!! I'm a 23 year old guy. I was just stating to her that she should enjoy the attention that she gets due to her youthful looks because it won't last. Beautiful young women and rich men have the most power in relationships; the difference is that rich men can have that power for their whole lives if they continue to stay rich whereas the time frame for beautiful women is much shorter; about 10-15 years before their looks start to fade and then men no longer compete to win them over.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
LOL!!! I'm a 23 year old guy. I was just stating to her that she should enjoy the attention that she gets due to her youthful looks because it won't last. Beautiful young women and rich men have the most power in relationships; the difference is that rich men can have that power for their whole lives if they continue to stay rich whereas the time frame for beautiful women is much shorter; about 10-15 years before their looks start to fade and then men no longer compete to win them over.

Hmm . . . sorry, but I gotta call you out on this one.

Beautiful and rich are powerful things. But I don't think they're limited by either sex.

For instance, Madonna is pretty darn rich, and powerful. But she's not young.

There are actually thousands (millions?) of women who are rich and powerful, but no longer young-- and many, by choice, choose younger good-looking partners (either men or women).

Make no mistake-- a relationship between someone who is rich, and someone who has youth-- for those reasons alone (the rich person loving the youth, the youthful person loving the money) is doomed to eventual failure. Why? Because you can't stay forever young.

By the same token, not everyone stays rich, either. So a relationship where one of the partners hangs around b/c the other is rich is also potentially doomed-- b/c if the rich person loses money-- or-- if the "gold digger" finds a better offer from a different partner-- POOF!-- there goes the relationship.

Having had a few conversations w/GoldenEggs, it seems to me that her goals are more centered on being wealthy than trying to cash in on her youth or beauty.

Come to think of it, that pretty much describes all the women I've met here on the fastlane-- their personal goals are for long-term wealth-- perhaps because they understand and appreciate that beauty and youth can fade-- but money, wealth, and power-- can grow stronger over time.

I can't speak for them, though. Ladies? Your thoughts on this? :)

-Russ H.

Darkside

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 4, 2010
San Diego
Hmm . . . sorry, but I gotta call you out on this one.

Beautiful and rich are powerful things. But I don't think they're limited by either sex.

For instance, Madonna is pretty darn rich, and powerful. But she's not young.

There are actually thousands (millions?) of women who are rich and powerful, but no longer young-- and many, by choice, choose younger good-looking partners (either men or women).

Make no mistake-- a relationship between someone who is rich, and someone who has youth-- for those reasons alone (the rich person loving the youth, the youthful person loving the money) is doomed to eventual failure. Why? Because you can't stay forever young.

By the same token, not everyone stays rich, either. So a relationship where one of the partners hangs around b/c the other is rich is also potentially doomed-- b/c if the rich person loses money-- or-- if the "gold digger" finds a better offer from a different partner-- POOF!-- there goes the relationship.

Having had a few conversations w/GoldenEggs, it seems to me that her goals are more centered on being wealthy than trying to cash in on her youth or beauty.

Come to think of it, that pretty much describes all the women I've met here on the fastlane-- their personal goals are for long-term wealth-- perhaps because they understand and appreciate that beauty and youth can fade-- but money, wealth, and power-- can grow stronger over time.

I can't speak for them, though. Ladies? Your thoughts on this? :)

-Russ H.

Rich cougar/young guy relationships are rare, whereas rich guy/young gold digger relationships are very common. I never said that such relationships ought to last or that they mean something; as far as I'm concerned the only thing that matters is the sex. So, let's say that 40 years from now I've married and divorced and I somehow became rich; would I want to be with a 60+ year old woman with a wrinkly body that disgusts me or would I want a young 20 something gold digger chick that I can use and dump whenever I feel like it. The balance of power is with the old rich guy and not the gold digger because gold diggers are a dime a dozen whereas not that many people are rich so there's much greater demand for rich guys than there is supply. Donald Trump dumped his first wife after she became old and now he's with a hot young wife.

This is a picture of his first wife and his kids back in the 1980s:

amd_trump-family-photo.jpg

His new wife who used to be a model with his youngest son:

donald%20trump%20and%20wife.jpg

donald-trump-wife-milf-barron.jpg

This is his former wife. Can't say I disagree with his choice. We only live once; why spend it sleeping with a wrinkly old woman if you can afford a hot young wife.

IvanaTrump_Grant_14105326.jpg

Even Trump's ex-wife is getting something out of the deal as she's now with a young man instead of being with an old guy.

IvanaTrumpGoff_450x300.jpg

5123.jpg

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs
as far as I'm concerned the only thing that matters is the sex. So, let's say that 40 years from now I've married and divorced and I somehow became rich; would I want to be with a 60+ year old woman with a wrinkly body that disgusts me or would I want a young 20 something gold digger chick that I can use and dump whenever I feel like it.

Your saying you would do this? I'd hate to see what would happen if you got rich tomorrow lol.

Reminder: 5 Things You Think Will Make You Happy (But Won't) | Cracked.com

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
. . . as far as I'm concerned the only thing that matters is the sex. So, let's say that 40 years from now I've married and divorced and I somehow became rich; would I want to be with a 60+ year old woman with a wrinkly body that disgusts me or would I want a young 20 something gold digger chick that I can use and dump whenever I feel like it.

Well, you know best what's most important for you. But there are a whole lotta marriages (and long term relationships) that are based on WAY more than sex.

In fact if you make a study of successful entrepreneurs, you'll see than many of them have long-term stable marriages, and kids. Many years ago, I discovered this quite by accident: I was studying highly successful entrepreneurs, businessmen, and others who had achieved great things, reading autobiographies and watching the Biography channel.

One of the common questions of these folks is/was: What do you consider your greatest success?

(remember, this is from a variety of men-- from astronauts who had walked on the moon to Nobel Prize winners to self-made millionaires/billionaires)

So many of them said "My family", that I was shocked (I was single at the time, and not really planning on having a family).

What I found was many (most) of the most successful people in the world (at least those whose lives I admired) were long-term family men.

You will always be able to find examples of men like Trump and Hugh Hefner who "traded in" their older wives on newer models. I've got to ask myself tho-- are these ladies there b/c they actually *like* being w/the guy? Would they stick around if the money/celebrity/power was gone?

I don't think so.

That was one of the coolest things about the long-term married family men who were highly successful: The reason they were so proud of/bonded to their families/wives/kids was, in part, because they knew that these people had stuck with them through thick and thin- through good times and bad.

They weren't just in it for the money. Or the power.

They credited this commitment and perseverance in large part for their success.

On a much smaller scale, I would have to agree. I have become MUCH more successful ($$$ wise) since I found a life partner/wife that is "on the same team"-- working tirelessly with me to achieve our mutual goals.

I'm also a happier guy. Go figure! :smug2:

-Russ H.

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
LOL!!! I'm a 23 year old guy.

This explains a lot... This is also why I'm going to hold back on this reply.

as far as I'm concerned the only thing that matters is the sex.

Are you planning on ever having a relationship with a woman? A live, breathing one? Who's not from a mail-order website? Because if this is your concept of the only thing that matters in a relationship, you are going to have a hard, lonely road ahead of you... pun intended.

Beautiful young women and rich men have the most power in relationships...

Relationships are about power? I missed that memo... Silly me, thinking that they were about mutual respect, companionship, enjoyment of another's company and always knowing you have someone who has your back and you, theirs.

the difference is that rich men can have that power for their whole lives if they continue to stay rich whereas the time frame for beautiful women is much shorter; about 10-15 years before their looks start to fade and then men no longer compete to win them over.

*facepalm* I've seen men actively "compete" over my 80+ year old grandmother in an airport terminal. It was a riot. Go Grandma. Get some.

. . .there will come a time when you will be wishing that guys would hit on you and none will; then you will wish that you could have your youthful looks back. So enjoy the attention now because it won't last forever. I'm not hating; it's just a fact.

D, you really need to actually talk to some of the individuals for whom you're speaking -the "attractive women" and the "rich men" of the world. Are you a rich man or an attractive woman? If you're neither, then your opinions are just the conjecture of a young man that thinks he knows how the world works for all the occupants that reside here.

I was just stating to her that she should enjoy the attention that she gets due to her youthful looks because it won't last.

Thank god you're here to help us women see the light.

All I want in this life is to have my value as a woman confirmed by men who want to get in my pants and think that complimenting me will pave the way. My frail concept of self-worth must have this constant affirmation so I don't throw myself off a building.

Since I'm probably in the category of "aging women" (will be 33 next Sunday) this response will probably be chalked up to the senility setting in. That's probably a good thing, as I won't know what I'm missing out on because my looks have faded, no men will vie for my attention & I have nothing else of substance to offer a significant other. *eyes rolling*

All I'm really saying here is, speak for yourself, my boy.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.