The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Kiyosaki's New Book ....

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
gets a scathing review...

Chuck Jaffe: New Kiyosaki book won't make you a rich Dad or Mom - MarketWatch

Looks like he continues to rehash his old book content into new ones...

Ironically, in most of Kiyosaki's books -- and there are more than two dozen in the "Rich Dad" series -- the author eschews education, saying that formal training tends to be for people who will be satisfied as either an employee or being self-employed, which means they will never be rich. Of course, a few years ago, Kiyosaki signed up with an educational seminar firm and created the "Rich Dad Academy," so evidently he feels better about education these days, so long as you're paying to see it his way.

The problem is that Kiyosaki's way is not nearly as revolutionary as he wants you to believe. Critics have long said that the man is long on platitudes but short on action plans that an investor can use to get rich. The new book follows that pattern too.

Nonetheless, I hear the book is selling well.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Merkin Man

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jul 25, 2007
Williamsville, NY
Soooo THAT'S why Kiyosaki welcomed all the conspiracy theorists on his forums. It was all part of his master PLAN! Genius, really.

CamInBoise

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Apr 27, 2009
Boise, ID
Ya, I read the book in its entirety online while he was releasing it one chapter at a time. During the same time I read RDPD, and the cashflow quadrant.

My take on Kiyosaki is that if you have read one of his books, you have read them all. Mr. Kiyosaki is a great motivator, and does an excellent job of making YOU believe that you can too become extremely wealthy. However, he is criticized of not offering any sound action plans, but that is not his niche! What he did for me is make me believe that I could achieve great levels of success, and this belief has propelled me to do more reading, and begin making my own plan! That is the key, if he were offering some 8 step plan to wealth, then he would just be another hack selling get rich books that won't work for everyone.

acb123

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 1, 2009
Washington D.C.
I have to agree with CAMINBOISE. The purpose of Kiyosaki's book isn't to provide the actual steps, it is to promote the mindset needed for you to take the steps.

I also agree that if you've read one, you've read them all. A great marketing trick is to take the same material and repackage (edit) it in a way to sell it again. Can't fault him for that other than he's not putting out original content in his follow ups like he should. Really, you can't really expound much, in my opinion, on his original book. It pretty much says it all.

Dhappy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 24, 2008
I have all his books and the new one is 90% of the old ones,but call me a sucker I still like it..I did meet him in person twice and did notice a attitude. He is not a very good speaker,but I love his books.

msa1

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Apr 27, 2008
West Bloomfield MI
I'm with you Cam. RDPD changed my entire mindset, but every book after that was simply a reiteration. I saw another real estate book of his in the store yesterday, a compilation of his best guys (or something). I couldnt buy it, figured it would be everything i've already read.

I've also noticed that since Sharon Lechter left the company books havent exactly been flying off the shelves.

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Endicott, New York, United States
Ya, I read the book in its entirety online while he was releasing it one chapter at a time. During the same time I read RDPD, and the cashflow quadrant.

I think he owes me a royalty for the online book.

When I was moderating over there, I got his OK to do a chapter-by-chapter review of "Increase Your Financial IQ". Shortly after that, he started "Conspiracy of the Rich".

By then, I'd left the RD forum (although I'm still holding moderator rights), so I never read the new book.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Actually I think the "rich dad adviser" series is far better than his actual books. I have red the ABCs to real estate investing and the Advanced Real estate investor, they have some very easy step by step processes in there. Same with OPM. But these are written by RK's advisers, not him.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.