The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Kinder, Gentler Coddling Days Are Over. I'm back to finish this.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I've been gone for a while. You've seen this before. Some of the older posters drift away over time, because they get rich, or they get poor, or they lose interest. The shine wears off, or beating their heads into a wall becomes monotonous.

Some come back. We can usually spot them, and there is almost ALWAYS a reason they come back. It takes a while to reveal, but there's usually a motive. Selling a new coaching program. Launching a new product. Dropping a new book. So we wait for the reason.

And there's a reason I am back here. It's not to sell you anything. It's not shilling a show or a book or a product, but I do need something from you. I realized I was missing something that you have, and I feed off of it. I needed this place for a particular reason.

Those of you who have been around a while know I have built and sold a few companies. The first ended in a hostile takeover. I lost everything. The second one I did much better on, but stupidly ended up in a long term workout agreement with people I hated and a stock that was low velocity, so my money was trapped for a while.

Then, as I was building my next one I got involved with a company that I ended up selling to a larger publicly held company, and again signed on for a workout. Apparently I learned nothing from company number two. :)

And now, I am in the throws of what will be my greatest masterpiece. I have a few separate irons in the fire, one of which has monetized already, and building national scale. It meets all of the C-E-N-T-S requirements and had it's first sale on it's first day of existence. Now it is building blocks, systems and infrastructure. It's much bigger than I can do as a solopreneur, and I don't want to build any more businesses that don't require massive scale.

So I came back here, to the place that fed me inspiration during a window where I turned something from nothing into significance. Surrounding yourself with people who are building was one ingredient to what helped me build back then. It's a mindset. It's a process. It's a repetition. It's a formula. It's purposeful. I said I needed something from you. Not ALL of you, just those that are scaling. Those that are dreaming, and those that are building.

I need your energy.

Meanwhile, while I'm here expect some unvarnished scars to come through. I have no time for people who are wasting your time. You all spend post after post preaching to people who self admittedly are not listening. Stop. Don't feed the trolls. I used to say that this forum was self filtering, and it still can be. Stop spending time dealing with the mind suck from people who will never become. The mental masturbators have ALWAYS been here, but since I have been gone you all have been entertaining them, and they're getting off on it.

Stop.

Spend that time investing in yourself. Your family. Your faith. Your business. Your health. Your learning.

The self filtering aspect of the lack of engagement with the trolls will send them back to Reddit. Bye.

I am waiting for a book to come from Amazon today on a topic I am devouring. I can't wait for it to get here, so I can tear through it. I am a sponge. I need the skillset I don't have to take on this next deal. As I get more into it, I will give you a front row seat, in part for you, but mostly for me. The checkins here keep me accountable. I will NOT (lol) be posting my daily accountability thread for you (seriously people buy a F*cking journal because nobody cares). And when we're done (again) hopefully your business has grown at the same pace as what I am building.

I am cheering for you. (Not you dumbasses, I am not cheering for you).

@Andy Black has something he has repeated a few times something I said years ago. It's the best advice and only advice I have that might be worth a shit, and if you take nothing else away from this rant and re-introduction, take this advice to heart. It's my best advice, and all I can tell you :

Start.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
LFG @Vigilante !

I’ll start.

I’m building a large scale business and while it’s doing reasonably well today, I feel I’m just getting started.

With that I’ll share with the readers…

The worst kept secret every business owner knows:

• passion is a spark that lights a fire
• purpose is the kindling that keeps that flame burning

Remember: nobody reflects on their past and says “yes, this is exactly how I thought it would go”

What is your purpose? Your why?

Too many posts I’ve read that only have the spark but fail to kindle the fire.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
You all spend post after post preaching to people who self admittedly are not listening. Stop. Don't feed the trolls. I used to say that this forum was self filtering, and it still can be. Stop spending time dealing with the mind suck from people who will never become.
Very well said.
Don't try to help someone who doesn't want to be helped.

We need this rank on the forum, would save a lot of unnecessary discussion:
1679157746763.png

Good luck in your new venture! I'm sure it's going to be awesome!

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
LFG @Vigilante !

I’ll start.

I’m building a large scale business and while it’s doing reasonably well today, I feel I’m just getting started.

With that I’ll share with the readers…

The worst kept secret every business owner knows:

• passion is a spark that lights a fire
• purpose is the kindling that keeps that flame burning

Remember: nobody reflects on their past and says “yes, this is exactly how I thought it would go”

What is your purpose? Your why?

Too many posts I’ve read that only have the spark but fail to kindle the fire.
In the first business I ever sold, I broke the back of an industry that had been overcharging people for years.

We will do the same thing with this business, bringing value to people by cutting the legs out from underneath people that have been screwing them.

Everybody in America will know the name of this business by the time I am done. And, the majority of people in America can use our service.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
oh-popcorn.gif

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
@Vigilante this forum has done a great job keeping your name alive. I only joined in the past year or so and there's only one way I can describe you having not ever met you before here on the forum (because you'd left already)

Legend.

Welcome back

-Mike

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Not sure if @Vigilante has read the book named the same, but you can expect nothing from him other than “radical candor”, I’m excited to see him back after the brief hiatus, y’all are in for a treat.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
@Vigilante this forum has done a great job keeping your name alive. I only joined in the past year or so and there's only one way I can describe you having not ever met you before here on the forum (because you'd left already)

Legend.

Welcome back

-Mike
thanks mike. LFG.

(I had a client once that used to say "the only thing bigger than who we are is who we say we are." :) Probably true).

Spenny

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
Amen, I'll take the advice not to feed the trolls.

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States