The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Kill Bigger Incubator

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
UPDATED POST:

Hey Guys!

I wanted to give a quick update on what this program has become. In its infancy, we were talking about primarily capitalization and investment strategy... The original offer is still in this post below. What this has become is FAR more custom tailored. I would consider it more of an overall strategy partner. We take a look at the matters at hand together and address them with the best possible action considering any constraints. The goal is moving forward. Always.

TOGETHER we work through the ins and outs of what you can do and what you might have to wait on. NOTHING is rushed or flippant. Everything is calculated. I don't push you to do things you are unable to handle or to take unnecessary risk. I am a good steward of your money.
Among strategy we have addressed in the incubator so far:
  • Zero to One business launch
  • Sourcing
  • Prototyping
  • Financing
  • General growth
  • Cashflow management
  • Inventory management
  • Deal structure with outside entities
  • Government relations
  • Business to business sales
  • Personal finance
  • Capitalization strategy
  • Legacy building
  • I am sure I am missing some...
And finally just the nature of such a program there is built in accountability.

Every weekday morning you will hear from me on Slack. We discuss marching orders and next steps. I am always available outside of that, but the mornings are really our discussion time. The goal is to keep moving forward.

This is still $1500 per month. It is a pretty in depth program and I feel like you guys get quite a bit for the money. It has also proven to be not a huge burden on my time and just flat out enjoyable so I am keeping the price as is. You will probably see how much I enjoy this if we begin working together.

All of this said, I think this post brings the Kill Bigger Incubator up to date.

If you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to ask!

If you want to discuss joining up, shoot me an email at kak@killbigger.com and we will open a dialogue, discuss your needs, and see if this is a fit!

ORIGINAL POST BELOW:

Are you sick and tired of being strapped for resources?

...Are you tired of trying to pinch pennies to business growth? Is your FBA store a complete disaster? $40k per year not quite cutting it? I think it is time to Kill Bigger.

Who says you have to go in it alone with your first 2 or 3 grand to grow some consumer brand? Who says you have to bootstrap and hustle flipping generic Chinese widgets and finding arbitrage strategies? Who says you have start out as a onepreneur shop owner? You don't. What you need to be is a CEO.

Over and over again we see the biggest and most hyped over businesses are the ones that went after a lot of investor money in the beginning, despite in some cases, almost nonexistent profitability. What would you do with $100k in venture capital? 250k? $1m? $5m? How much would the competition worry with millions in your coffers? How would you dominate your market? How do you emerge victorious as a true market authority? Those questions are what everyone should be asking... But, unfortunately they tend to look more like this. Where can I get a budget website? Can I learn app developing to save some money? How can I suck up to customers to avoid bad reviews on Amazon and Yelp? How can I game the PPC system with perfect keywords and per click pricing? How long can I make that last when I figure it out? I don’t know about you... but I would rather think bigger than that.

I am honestly convinced that starting a business in the red market sea of cheap snowball, bandwagon businesses is FAR MORE DIFFICULT long term than doing something seriously influential and scalable.

Speaking in generalities in public domain can only get us so far. We can dive deeper. The goal of Kill Bigger is to apply big thinking leadership and scale coaching, individually, to your business, organize that strategy to make you more attractive to investors, AND more importantly, worthy of their money.

Why? It might be cliche, but quite frankly, because you can. You can have a business that has a FOUNDATION OF SCALE. With the right value proposition, you can raise money like a pro. You can have legitimate resources instead of pinching every penny. Does that sound crazy to you? It isn’t. The rich do it this way and so should you.

Why should you listen to me?

I hold a triple focus business degree in economics, business law and strategic management from Baylor University (I know...yawn). I am a serial entrepreneur who has done business in B2C, B2B and B2G. After a modest exit from an electricity venture. I became the CEO of a multi-million dollar, investor funded B2G startup. I am also the CEO of a raw materials company that serves major, worldwide corporations. I believe the raw materials company has better value propositions than a company that recently sold to Brenntag for over $100m. We are also currently working on fuel deals so big, even a billionaire wouldn't want to self finance them (thank you @Vigilante for that introduction). I am on the board of a Christian television show. I am on the advisory board for a few ambitious upstarts in the Houston area. My personal network includes many multi-multi millionaires and a few centi-millionaires that will probably become billionaires. I know how the truly rich think and operate. I am well versed in the banking instruments for debt-driven scale. I am also experienced in raising multiple rounds of venture capital.

Interested?

If you want to foster critical thinking to overcome extremely difficult barriers to entry and enter markets with the kind of strength that the world’s foremost companies did before you, let’s talk.

If you agree with me that leadership is by far the most important expertise, let’s talk.

If you know there is a better way than trying to organically grow a 40k per year venture into a multimillion dollar company, let’s talk.

If you recognize the reason some companies fly to the millions mark and others never make it, despite the proprietors being highly intelligent, let’s talk.

If you want a pitch that makes investors take you very seriously, let’s talk.

If you have an awesome idea, but no clue where to start. Let's definitely talk!

Even discussions using protective generalities, I have helped countless forum members think bigger and then think bigger than that. @Scot and @GPM in particular have gotten to see some of the horsepower of what I am offering here. Let’s take these lessons and apply them specifically to your venture. Let’s make you attractive to investors if that is what you need, if not, let's at least make you worthy of their money. Let’s Kill Bigger.

Why you shouldn’t join...

If you don’t have an idea yet, don't apply, I am not an idea genie.

If you or your venture are ethically questionable. I am not interested.

I am not an expert in SEO, PPC, FBA, keyword research, social media, white hat, black hat or pointy hat.

If you think I am going to do the work for you, don't apply.

If you want me to save your FBA store, you should know I let mine basically fail, and don’t apply.

If you think I have all the answers, you should know I don’t, and don’t apply.

If your plan is to hire me for one month and cram as much into our time together as possible only to quit the next month, don't apply. You’ll completely miss the point of joining anyway and it will be a waste of your “scarce” resources.

If you aren’t willing to do a significant amount of work, don’t apply.

If you think I am making ANY guarantees to your outcome, I am not, and don't apply.

I will FIRE YOU if you're not taking the required initiative, because I want you to have good results.

Still reading? Good!

The rest of this is for those of you that want more out of business.

Why should you join the incubator? Because for this round of applicants, it’s going to be very affordable.

At $1500 per month you will have open access to me via email, Skype and scheduled Webex calls.

I will be taking applications over the next few weeks. Incubation will commence in January. This round is the one and only opportunity to get in on this rate. The price of the next offer will be going up. I don’t know how much it will be, I don’t know how many I’ll take and I don’t even know if I will ever do this ever again. There will most likely be a track record of success and some clients getting funded at that point.

My goal for our time together... I want to assist you with my principles that I have learned in my leadership driven ventures. I want to train strong CEOs that can overcome problems by leading through it and hopefully, if you truly Kill Bigger, you get funded.

In addition to all this, you will have general access to me. If there is something I have been through, and I can help, I will.

Why am I doing this?

Now, before you go thinking I am a hypocrite, offering to trade my time for money when I preach otherwise... If you were already thinking it, good catch. There is ALWAYS a bigger plan. This is an exercise that I want to go through to create a solid foundation on which to build a private equity fund. Beyond that, I obviously enjoy helping people. I want to see the world outside of my businesses, and $1500/month/client is what I believe to be a very fair capitalistic exchange.

I have always said ALL of my businesses will likely end up in high finance, this incubation experience will make the leap FAR more easy for every one of them. Quite simply, if I can help create performing clients that raise hundreds of thousands or even millions, I can raise tens of millions for my fund.

Is it time to make a change and have a different 2019? Could this be the decision that changes your life forever? Maybe. Where could this lead if you start today?

Or is it back to the status quo labeling toilet paper holders for FBA? Maybe you’ll get lucky and get some more good reviews this year and your conversion rates will magically go up.

TO APPLY:
Send an email with a descriptive rundown on who you are, your background, what you do, where you want to be and what you hope to get out of our time together to kak@killbigger.com to apply.

I am looking forward to hearing from those of you that want to make a change.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
I know I don’t need to convince anyone here that @Kak is the real deal or that he will most likely be the first billionaire on The Fastlane Forum....

But, like he mentioned above, he’s been invaluable in not only helping me see the bigger picture, but also refining my strategies.

For reference, this thread is mostly due to his help. https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/progress-raising-an-angel-seed-round.85094/

When I talked to Kak a few weeks ago, I asked him to look over my pitch deck, thinking he could give me a yes or no on it. His response? He printed the entire PowerPoint, covered every page in notes and corrections, then sent it back to me and said, “I know you’ve got a deal in here, but you’re about 25% there.”

Over the next week, he gave me very actionable advice and pointers, getting not only my pitch, but my plans for funding my business in order.

If you’re remotely interested in building a business that soars into the 8 or 9 figure range, Kak is the guy to help you find that path. Like he said, if you’re just trying to private label something, he can’t help you there.

If anyone is on the fence about taking him up on his offer, feel free to PM me and I’ll definitely convince you why it’s a good idea.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Great offer Kak - hope people see this.

Whats your plan with the site - is it just for people here to sign up or it's for the bigger long-term idea?

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
356%
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania
I don't know @Kak personally, and I haven't worked with him before, but I've seen some of the effects he's had on @Scot's business. I would recommend this to anyone that has a good business idea and is looking to succeed.

I may need to hustle to see if I can flesh out some ideas that have been floating around in my mind before the application period closes.

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
Although I'm in no position to apply right now, I want to thank you for offering that kind of service to the forum community. I've been reading a lot of your posts and you keep giving a TON of value.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
OK, I'll bite. Just sent in my application.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I know I don’t need to convince anyone here that @Kak is the real deal or that he will most likely be the first billionaire on The Fastlane Forum....

But, like he mentioned above, he’s been invaluable in not only helping me see the bigger picture, but also refining my strategies.

For reference, this thread is mostly due to his help. https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/progress-raising-an-angel-seed-round.85094/

When I talked to Kak a few weeks ago, I asked him to look over my pitch deck, thinking he could give me a yes or no on it. His response? He printed the entire PowerPoint, covered every page in notes and corrections, then sent it back to me and said, “I know you’ve got a deal in here, but you’re about 25% there.”

Over the next week, he gave me very actionable advice and pointers, getting not only my pitch, but my plans for funding my business in order.

If you’re remotely interested in building a business that soars into the 8 or 9 figure range, Kak is the guy to help you find that path. Like he said, if you’re just trying to private label something, he can’t help you there.

If anyone is on the fence about taking him up on his offer, feel free to PM me and I’ll definitely convince you why it’s a good idea.

Thank you very much for your support bud. I’m glad I could help!

Great offer Kak - hope people see this.

Whats your plan with the site - is it just for people here to sign up or it's for the bigger long-term idea?

Thanks!

Not entirely sure yet, but I had to have it. Probably a mix of both that moves towards a fund over time if I am able to do that in a cohesive way that makes sense.

I don't know @Kak personally, and I haven't worked with him before, but I've seen some of the effects he's had on @Scot's business. I would recommend this to anyone that has a good business idea and is looking to succeed.

I may need to hustle to see if I can flesh out some ideas that have been floating around in my mind before the application period closes.

Awesome! Thank you for your regards! I look forward to seeing what you come up with if you choose to throw your hat in the ring.

Although I'm in no position to apply right now, I want to thank you for offering that kind of service to the forum community. I've been reading a lot of your posts and you keep giving a TON of value.

You’re welcome! Thanks for your reply. Sometimes the numbers make sense and sometimes they don’t.

I'd apply, but can't afford that price tag, unfortunately. Good luck with your fund!

Understood, maybe you’ll be in better position next time. I appreciate the support though!

OK, I'll bite. Just sent in my application.

Very cool @lowtek I saw that! I’m excited to go through it all.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
If you need help with the site let me know.

Wish you all the best with this - if it is still open another time I will be on board.
I already have committed to one coach/mentor for the next few months.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
@Kak is the real deal folks.

He held my hand during a few first key conversations for the latest venture that I am a part of, and I was absolutely terrified during them. I was afraid to talk to customers and felt like I was in WAY over my head.

Fast forward to today, and with some help shifting my mindset, I have been in conversation with some fairly high ranking individuals in massive companies and I don't even think twice. If I even mention this he is always there to kick my a$$ and let me know that I am still thinking little a scared little chicken. What I think is massive, turns out is 1/100th of massive, and I have been aligning accordingly.

When @Kak mentioned the price on this I literally told him that he was insane, and that he should not even consider doing it unless it was 2x the price. I see that he didn't take my advice and is offering it for what I feel to be a pittance. If you are on the fence about this you are missing out. If you have something that can blow up, but just don't know how to do it, talk to him.

@Scot is 100% correct. I don't see how it would be possible for kak to not become a billionaire by the time he is done. He is a modern Titan, and we are all going to be reading about his massive projects in magazines and news articles one day.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I started out with designs to mentor Kyle. Only that’s not what happened, over the years he has become a mentor to me. I will post much more in depth on this offer when I have a chance. You should know that outside of my immediate family he is one of the only people that has a one digit number on my phone speed dial.

I am kind of surprised he is doing this. Time is the most valuable commodity that we have. My guess was what he alluded to earlier in this thread… This has to be a petri dish for something on a larger scale because otherwise the ROI for him wouldn’t make any sense.

If you are green and reading self-help books this is not for you. For the right individuals though, this will become the life changing moment that you look back on. Write down the date that you engaged this offer because that date for the selected few will become a game changer.

How do I know that? Because the same opportunity has been available to me privately and he was one of a few catalysts that put me in a position to sell my business.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I'll echo others and endorse KAK as the real deal.

I've shared a few rooms with him at prior meetups and he's nothing short of one of the most impressive whirlwind forces I've ever met. It's been said a million times about him on the forum in other threads but anyone who knows him should not be surprised by any claim he makes about his successes in life.

I've only known one other person in my entire life who comes close to KAK's personality, style and ambition and that person is ALSO playing in the 7-8-9 figure game. Hmmm...

He's not lying about riding you hard and firing you quickly though. Do not join if you won't move your a$$.

Kyle - you're going to change some lives here buddy. Can't wait to see what comes from this!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
@Kak is the real deal folks.

He held my hand during a few first key conversations for the latest venture that I am a part of, and I was absolutely terrified during them. I was afraid to talk to customers and felt like I was in WAY over my head.

Fast forward to today, and with some help shifting my mindset, I have been in conversation with some fairly high ranking individuals in massive companies and I don't even think twice. If I even mention this he is always there to kick my a$$ and let me know that I am still thinking little a scared little chicken. What I think is massive, turns out is 1/100th of massive, and I have been aligning accordingly.

When @Kak mentioned the price on this I literally told him that he was insane, and that he should not even consider doing it unless it was 2x the price. I see that he didn't take my advice and is offering it for what I feel to be a pittance. If you are on the fence about this you are missing out. If you have something that can blow up, but just don't know how to do it, talk to him.

@Scot is 100% correct. I don't see how it would be possible for kak to not become a billionaire by the time he is done. He is a modern Titan, and we are all going to be reading about his massive projects in magazines and news articles one day.

I started out with designs to mentor Kyle. Only that’s not what happened, over the years he has become a mentor to me. I will post much more in depth on this offer when I have a chance. You should know that outside of my immediate family he is one of the only people that has a one digit number on my phone speed dial.

I am kind of surprised he is doing this. Time is the most valuable commodity that we have. My guess was what he alluded to earlier in this thread… This has to be a petri dish for something on a larger scale because otherwise the ROI for him wouldn’t make any sense.

If you are green and reading self-help books this is not for you. For the right individuals though, this will become the life changing moment that you look back on. Write down the date that you engaged this offer because that date for the selected few will become a game changer.

How do I know that? Because the same opportunity has been available to me privately and he was one of a few catalysts that put me in a position to sell my business.

I'll echo others and endorse KAK as the real deal.

I've shared a few rooms with him at prior meetups and he's nothing short of one of the most impressive whirlwind forces I've ever met. It's been said a million times about him on the forum in other threads but anyone who knows him should not be surprised by any claim he makes about his successes in life.

I've only known one other person in my entire life who comes close to KAK's personality, style and ambition and that person is ALSO playing in the 7-8-9 figure game. Hmmm...

He's not lying about riding you hard and firing you quickly though. Do not join if you won't move your a$$.

Kyle - you're going to change some lives here buddy. Can't wait to see what comes from this!

Thank you guys for your support! That means a lot!

I already have some seriously exciting folks enrolled! This is going to be a TON of fun.

Hijena1

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Oct 1, 2018
Germany
I am super excited to see how it is going to roll out for others. This is once in a life time chance, don't miss it.

I am also fairly disappointed with myself not being able to afford this. And the price can't be lower then this! Well it is time to execute.

Wish you all the best and your young Padawan's!

Last edited:

rpeck90

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Nov 26, 2016
United Kingdom
Unloaded all my rep onto @Kak after reading his "think bigger" thread. The "thousandaire fastlane" tag was a FTM in itself.

Some questions:

1. How effective is your process outside the US? Government contracts, raising capital etc different across the pond.

2. You've pitched yourself as someone experienced in raising capital; do you provide insight/support on ensuring the business will be profitable, scalable and something that has the possibility of achieving an exit (or huge valuation)? Simply, is this just to provide insight on dealing with investors?

3. How much different is this to what Dan Pena provides? Pena might be an acquired taste, but much of what you've explained is very similar to his. Not to compare, but it may give a better insight into your process.

4. What type of businesses does this cater for? You mention FBA quite a lot. I get, and wholeheartedly agree with, your stance on that front. However, everybody has to start somewhere. Your businesses of dealing with raw materials, government contracts etc seem feasible because of your experience, pedigree etc. To what end does this come into play for the people you'll be helping? What type of businesses do you propose working best for your service? Service-based operations? Franchises? Branded products? B2B? B2G?

5. What about bootstrapping? As I've experienced my own ups and downs, one thing I've noticed is that people generally have a "single" talent-base, and the operations which work out the best revolve around it. You mentioned a degree, knowing UHNWI's and other credentials. If someone has this, but without an idea, would you accept them into the program? What would your process be if that person wanted to bootstrap everything (and their industry was conducive of it)?

6. How do you handle failure? If I come into the program, assimilate your advice, roll the dice and experience a failure so catastrophic that I'm forced to file for bankruptcy - what happens then? Taking on debt and investor money is great until it goes wrong... and go wrong something will. You have your head screwed on because you're dealing with commodities that are in demand (seemingly by governments). What if someone's business isn't so clear-cut? What if someone's business interest is to get a consumer product produced in the Far East and get it sold by whatever means they can (which may include FBA)? Do you have input on this side of things, or just about getting capitalized?

Many thanks

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Unloaded all my rep onto @Kak after reading his "think bigger" thread. The "thousandaire fastlane" tag was a FTM in itself.

Some questions:

1. How effective is your process outside the US? Government contracts, raising capital etc different across the pond.

2. You've pitched yourself as someone experienced in raising capital; do you provide insight/support on ensuring the business will be profitable, scalable and something that has the possibility of achieving an exit (or huge valuation)? Simply, is this just to provide insight on dealing with investors?

3. How much different is this to what Dan Pena provides? Pena might be an acquired taste, but much of what you've explained is very similar to his. Not to compare, but it may give a better insight into your process.

4. What type of businesses does this cater for? You mention FBA quite a lot. I get, and wholeheartedly agree with, your stance on that front. However, everybody has to start somewhere. Your businesses of dealing with raw materials, government contracts etc seem feasible because of your experience, pedigree etc. To what end does this come into play for the people you'll be helping? What type of businesses do you propose working best for your service? Service-based operations? Franchises? Branded products? B2B? B2G?

5. What about bootstrapping? As I've experienced my own ups and downs, one thing I've noticed is that people generally have a "single" talent-base, and the operations which work out the best revolve around it. You mentioned a degree, knowing UHNWI's and other credentials. If someone has this, but without an idea, would you accept them into the program? What would your process be if that person wanted to bootstrap everything (and their industry was conducive of it)?

6. How do you handle failure? If I come into the program, assimilate your advice, roll the dice and experience a failure so catastrophic that I'm forced to file for bankruptcy - what happens then? Taking on debt and investor money is great until it goes wrong... and go wrong something will. You have your head screwed on because you're dealing with commodities that are in demand (seemingly by governments). What if someone's business isn't so clear-cut? What if someone's business interest is to get a consumer product produced in the Far East and get it sold by whatever means they can (which may include FBA)? Do you have input on this side of things, or just about getting capitalized?

Many thanks

1. I wouldn’t call what I do a “process” really. Leadership is always a moving target and we need to adapt to appeal to the market in question. There really is no reason why an incubator program couldn’t be applied to any venture or any location that has some level of economic freedom. Notwithstanding a Venezuela or North Korea. We have a worldwide economy and a worldwide focus. @GPM for instance lives in Canada and everything we discuss still largely applies. I know Canada is a lot like the USA, but still.

2. When I say not just attractive to investors but “worthy of the money” I mean it. Just because a venture is well positioned and IS IN FACT a prudent investment, no one can predict the future and no one can guarantee or ensure anything. If they’re trying to guarantee or ensure profitability, they’re a scam. Even a government bond and cash has risk.

3. I don’t know anything about Dan Pena. Sorry I can’t give an accurate comparison.

4. The type of business that this program caters to is the one that isn’t myopic in favor of “the easy stuff” like FBA ETC. It can be part of the plan, of course. But if it IS the plan… It is not the right fit. FBA is not a solid foundation to build anything on. Amazon is a race to the bottom simultaneously their advertising medium is a race to the top. It is, by itself, not what I would call “worthy of investor money” and things can change VERY quickly. Many have probably experienced a less than desirable multiple on Amazon only businesses. This is why.

5. How can you have an industry without an idea? Send me an email with a rundown of what you are into, and we can make a determination for sure. That is why I made it an application process, so you guys can see if what you have fits the bill of something scalable.

6. What determines failure? I have had businesses that have taken YEARS. It is a matter of sticking with it. Enrollees in the program will see the progress we are making towards a cleaner, more scalable and more investable company first hand. If they don’t like the results they are free to quit. Everyone that invests in early ventures understands the risks and opportunity associated with doing so. We will categorically lay out every risk that we see for investors. I operate in complete candor. If investors like it, awesome, if they don’t, well that sucks and I will recommend finding a different investor. I will have input on a lot of things, not just raising money, because a LOT goes into it…

Maybe @Scot can elaborate on how a big portion of our discussions were centered cleaning up the uncertainty.

Last edited:

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Maybe @Scot can elaborate on how a big portion of our discussions were centered cleaning up the uncertainty.

Kak definitely will pull apart your ideas, because when you go to investors, they’re going to as well. Additionally, when you go to market, your business will face an unimaginable number of issues and problems.

But by cleaning that up, you have a better outcome.

I’m not sure how I can elaborate it better than @Kak did other than to say, he looks at everything to a completely different an unique lens. He’ll find the problems, he’ll find the hidden gem that needs to be polished.

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
May 23, 2011
@Kak thank you for providing this opportunity. Must be the fastest I've ever clicked a link:)

Not in a position to apply at this time, just want to wish you much success, and thank for all the immensely valuable content you provide on the forum.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Quick update: We have an awesome group of enrollees... I am really excited to start working with each of their businesses. Cool things are no doubt going to happen.

That said, I am going to be closing enrollment in the next day or so. If you thought about applying, but have put it off, this is your last chance. Get your app in per my instructions on the first post. I will probably only take one more unless there is just something too cool to pass up.

Just be advised and happy new year to you!

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I started out with designs to mentor Kyle. Only that’s not what happened, over the years he has become a mentor to me. I will post much more in depth on this offer when I have a chance.
Would love to have this as an INSIDERS call. Haven't had one since the business sale one.

I've read threads on both your sides. Especially the Houston one. Your tone became more honorific towards Kak from there onwards. I have rarely seen a mentor transitioning into the student of the mentee. For that, I'm grateful that you could make the transition.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Would love to have this as an INSIDERS call. Haven't had one since the business sale one.

I've read threads on both your sides. Especially the Houston one. Your tone became more honorific towards Kak from there onwards. I have rarely seen a mentor transitioning into the student of the mentee. For that, I'm grateful that you could make the transition.

I don't know if I would go this far. Vigilante is one of the wisest people I know. I have an extremely deep respect for him.

If I have helped him along the way, that is happenstance. I say it all the time. I wouldn't be who I am today without him. I am and will be forever grateful to be blessed with such a great friend.

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
And somehow I just saw this. I would really like to be considered for the next round if that happens. I'll watch the thread and I'll be interested in the next few months to hear about any progresss any of the lucky chosen few have had by then.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
We have had some very interesting progress with the incubated and it has, so far, been an absolute blast learning about several great companies on this forum. They are not my successes to take credit for, but I am seriously encouraged about all of them.

Ladies and gentlemen. I am not sure about this... but I may, just may, enroll another applicant.

Convince me that I should!

Send a rundown of what you have going on and what your plans are to kak@killbigger.com

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
We have had some very interesting progress with the incubated and it has, so far, been an absolute blast learning about several great companies on this forum. They are not my successes to take credit for, but I am seriously encouraged about all of them.

Ladies and gentlemen. I am not sure about this... but I may, just may, enroll another applicant.

Convince me that I should!

Send a rundown of what you have going on and what your plans are to killbigger@yahoo.com

Get a few current students/clients to post here

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
So I'm going through the incubator right now...just want to share my experience.

For those that don't know me, I'm a nerdy type that likes to be in the weeds of some highly technical stuff. @Kak has really helped to pull me back to see the bigger picture, as well as to focus more on the longer term vision for what I want to accomplish, and how to take that to the next level.

I'm involved in the machine learning / artificial intelligence space, and despite this being outside of his normal wheelhouse he's been incredibly insightful. So, don't think that just because you're doing something niche, technical, or highly specialized, that he can't offer value.

In full disclosure, I've had to pivot as the first problem I wanted to solve proved to be too ambitious (on a technical level). Nevertheless, he's been incredibly helpful in fleshing out the vision for the next project. I'll be dropping the story in my INSIDERS' thread here in the coming days, as we're still working out details.

If you're already in motion and have something going, I'd recommend applying. The chances are good that you're too wrapped up in the details of your venture, and are missing some huge opportunities. This program can help you see the forest despite the trees, and discover the bigger opportunities.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.