The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Kid Made $4000 a Day Dropshipping ("Revealed" All In a Free YouTube Tutorial) - Scam or Legit?

deep singh

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 17, 2018
Vancouver
Shopify dropshipping. Yes it works.

my advice if you are serious about dropshipping follow kingpinning he is the boss in that category and he makes free courses on his website.

another advice: IF you are running after shiny objects - stop - because that's how I lost most of my money

Thanks for the heads up on who is actually legit. And another thank you for reminding me not to chase shiny shit on the internet. I do tend to forget that one..

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

hughjasle

AutoPilot
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Dec 25, 2012
Anywhere with internet
I haven't watched the videos, but based on the comments from those that did, I would also say they were real. I can also agree with all the others that there is no way those same tactics will work for you today if they are a year old.

I know loads of guys that jumped on the dropshipping hustle when it went popular. 7 figure revenues in a matter of days for many of them. Profits were MUCH lower and it became so cut throat and competitive that many of them lost their quick fortunes trying to keep things alive. Now a days, the ads and products that work are copied so fast by all the remaining scavengers that profits only last a couple days.

I never dipped into dropshipping and prefer to import and brand, but most of the money being made now is from guru's teaching how they once made XYZ in sales.

Nigel B

Life Long Learner
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Sep 18, 2017
USA
... but most of the money being made now is from guru's teaching how they once made XYZ in
So many markets - there's always another sucker who will buy and not do the work - so they are no threat even to those succeeding in any given endeavor. Hats off to those who increase their passive income (or extend their run in a given market) by relying on the lazy to pay the bills.

TopDirective

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Nov 15, 2017
Well, I just finished watching the whole series and I liked it very much.

I've never made a sale with dropshipping, and while I know the basics of FB Ads, image editing, and how Overlo and Shopify work, I've never taken action, being that my greatest weakness to date.

This week I'm going to create my Shopify store, do market research and setup the FB Ads and E-Mail marketing campaigns. I'm not doing it for the sake of making money but for the learning and the hands-on experience. I bet that the feeling of making the first sale is very rewarding, so I'm going after it. Sincerely I'm tired of reading books and watching courses, so this week I will change the action faking for action taking, and will let you know how it goes.
Awesome, thank you for your feedback!

Thanks for the heads up on who is actually legit. And another thank you for reminding me not to chase shiny sh*t on the internet. I do tend to forget that one..
Yeah, me too sometimes, it's rather easier to rationalize "shiny" sh#t that brings you quick money than sit down and live in poverty for 5 years before building something big and sustainable.

Solais

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Sep 14, 2018
I use one simple rule to determine if someone is bullsh*ting or not.

If the "business opportunity" does not require you to CREATE and then DELIVER value, it is not legitimate.

Sure, there are people who make money off dropshipping, but it's never sustainable. Soon enough some moron who has too much time on his hands raids your niche (multiplied by 10 or 100 depending on time elapsed) and then your margins drop to 0.5% because most consumers are not idiots. They WILL price shop and find the best deal.

You're just marking up/white labeling someone else's product and passing it off as yours. Aka FAKE value.

Also, stop asking random people on Reddit/Quora/Youtube for "excellent business ideas" or "ez ways to make $$$."

If someone is making a killing, WHY WOULD THEY SHARE IT WITH YOU???!! LOL. Only if they're retired, but markets adjust so quickly now that the opportunity's probably gone by then. If you asked me back in 2004 if blogging was a good idea, I would say "F*ck yes." If you asked me in 2018, I would just laugh at your face unabashedly.

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
$4000/day isn't hard. I've done $20,000+ days BUT you need certain ingredients in place.

A solid brand and Q4 helps a lot.

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
Shopify dropshipping. Yes it works.

BUT be ready to lose $5000-$10000 in ads realistically before you even have a chance to start competing in the niche market you're going in.

If you're going in this to make quick money without losing a lot of money quick, forget it.

As for the guy, I don't know him but he sounds like every other damn guru on the internet that wants to sell you dropshipping course - and that's how he actually makes his money.

anyway not to make this a long post - my advice if you are serious about dropshipping follow kingpinning he is the boss in that category and he makes free courses on his website.

another advice: IF you are running after shiny objects - stop - because that's how I lost most of my money

I disagree. You need to be first to market OR brand your product which can be done with dropshipping.

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
Just watched the videos. Everything he’s doing is legit. But remember he’s talking gross dollars when he says made $1000.

He’s running ads, paying IG influencers and running FB ads. Does he even mention profit?

But with that said, the videos are pretty solid.

Sorry for the delay...I couldn't log back into FLF!

G

Guest58302

I disagree. You need to be first to market OR brand your product which can be done with dropshipping.
I'm someone who favors importing over drop shipping but I have a few questions:

How do you go about finding products that are either unbranded or unmarketed? Do you approach suppliers that do not drop ship and offer them such a possibility?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
I'm someone who favors importing over drop shipping but I have a few questions:

How do you go about finding products that are either unbranded or unmarketed? Do you approach suppliers that do not drop ship and offer them such a possibility?

When it comes to suppliers just be honest with them. Tell them you want to test a limited run first before whitelabeling (if they allow it).

Worst case scenario, you order 10-50 units and ship it yourself. If you've done your homework - you'll sell it easily.

G

Guest58302

When it comes to suppliers just be honest with them. Tell them you want to test a limited run first before whitelabeling (if they allow it).

Worst case scenario, you order 10-50 units and ship it yourself. If you've done your homework - you'll sell it easily.
Drop shipping violates the Commandments of Control and Entry too much for my liking but I think your method of first come first served seems interesting.

Thanks for replying!

Micahbiz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Mar 12, 2018
Arizona
Just gonna throw it out there, I watched all of this kids videos, followed them to a T about a year ago and did about $1,000 in sales my first week. My profit after everything was almost $200! Not bad... That was until I suffered from the same issues that most people who try this do: the supplier sucked. I found only one supplier with this product and due to the nature of it, it was kind of hard to ship it.
I might make a full post detailing my Shopify experience but overall I don't think its sustainable. I ended up having to close down soon after.

As for my opinion on Rory(the kid in the videos) he gave some solid advice. It was simple and easy to follow BUT he's just another ''guru''. He had a great strategy, give people enough info to make their first sale, collect emails, launch a course to the email list. I didn't buy his course but I'm sure a lot of people did and he's laughing to the bank now! Just look at his channel, he no longer posts. He got his money and got out, I'm kind of jealous, to say the least. LOL

Micahbiz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Mar 12, 2018
Arizona

I've never made a sale with dropshipping, and while I know the basics of FB Ads, image editing, and how Overlo and Shopify work, I've never taken action, being that my greatest weakness to date.

This week I'm going to create my Shopify store, do market research and setup the FB Ads and E-Mail marketing campaigns. I'm not doing it for the sake of making money but for the learning and the hands-on experience. I bet that the feeling of making the first sale is very rewarding, so I'm going after it. Sincerely I'm tired of reading books and watching courses, so this week I will change the action faking for action taking, and will let you know how it goes.

I like it, take action for sure! But, not to be the bringer of bad rain, even now just a year or so later this method is way harder. It's so saturated and every kid and his mom are trying to sell Shopify courses on youtube so there's a huge influx of new people. On top of that Facebook is cracking down on dropshipping stores. My advice to you, do it anyway and learn but try to focus on snapchat and Instagram marketing instead. If you have snapchat, you've seen the insane amount of ads by people that own Shopify stores selling ''free watches'' and the like. You can turn a profit and learn a ton but I wouldn't try it for the long-term, with aliexpress suppliers at least.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
  1. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is
  2. Whatever grows quickly, dies quickly
  3. If you're not building for the long-term, you're going to fail
Say you make $3k a month selling random sh*t to people online. That $3k suddenly turns into a bigger apartment, car payment or some other "thing" that you don't actually need (it hasn't solved your original issue). You develop a dependence on the $3k to maintain your new lifestyle. Seen it all before; best thing is to focus on making your own money (delivering projects) and then worrying about tactics/tricks/systems afterwards.

What you found is a woman in a red dress...

I've thought about this alot, once you start making 4 figures , 5 figures a month the temptation to increase your lifestyle would be quite tempting, why not splurge on a little bit of a nicer vehicle... that Porsche looks pretty nice and I can afford it! How about getting a little bit of a bigger house? Ooooo ya can afford that business class seat to....

TopDirective

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Nov 15, 2017
I've thought about this alot, once you start making 4 figures , 5 figures a month the temptation to increase your lifestyle would be quite tempting, why not splurge on a little bit of a nicer vehicle... that Porsche looks pretty nice and I can afford it! How about getting a little bit of a bigger house? Ooooo ya can afford that business class seat to....
I can resonate with that lol

Once my income went from $600 to $6000 one month, so did my expenses, not to proud to say that majority was on "miscellaneous" travel. Next month income dropped.

I learned my lesson, and without going through it, I would probably get a harder punch later.

DrunkFish

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Mar 25, 2015
Missouri

Just FYI my friend went and spent $250~ on fb ads (and he knows them pretty well with good copy and design etc) and got 3 sales over a month or two. He then spent $100 on two influencers and made $200~profit for two days with each one. Like $200ish each day. He tried two more influencers after that, with no as much luck, only one breaking even.

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
Drop shipping violates the Commandments of Control and Entry too much for my liking but I think your method of first come first served seems interesting.

Thanks for replying!

It depends on the supplier and their location. If its local to you then quality won't be a problem (you can visit them and check for yourself).

I know a lot of people who run POD stores and do very well from it. Suppliers are always local (in their home country) and they can deliver within 3-5 working days with tracking in place. They NEVER see the product either.

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
Pro tip: local dropship items make great upsells: there's zero risk and you increase AOVs.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.