The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

K. Eriksen - The small danes trip to achieve dreams!

ktzn

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Sep 30, 2009
Munich, Germany
Brief introduction
Name: Kristian Eriksen
Birth date: 16. January 1989
Country of birth: Denmark
Current location: Auckland, New Zealand
Current Position: Intern at BMW Financial Services New Zealand Limited
Next step: Attend University to get a bachelor degree
My Plan: http://www.thefastlanetomillions.com/your-goals-your-fastlane-plan/544-how-develop-your-plan-18.html#post108882

As some of you may remember, I posted a thread some weeks ago named "Is my safe zone in control?!" During the time where I wrote the text many thoughts ran through my head.
http://www.thefastlanetomillions.com/mindset-motivation/24866-my-safe-zone-control.html

The feedback was little but quality was good and I have decided to pause my businessplans for a little and instead start focussing getting into a university i think i will benefit from the most.

This thread is ment to be a thread for me to post things where i would like to get a feedback critic and discussions.

Today is the day where Im starting to write my motivational essay for Copenhagen Business Schools programme "International Business".

I have the choice between the 3 following topics:
1.My contribution – through my background and experience – to an international programme and how I will benefit from studying in the international environment of CBS.

2. My motivation for studying the programme and how I can contribute to the programme.

3. My career objectives and how the programme contributes to achieving my goals.

I have choosen number 1. as it is a great chance to write about the lessons learend during my 1 and a half years with BMW AG and BMW Financial Services.

Things i think would be good to include:
Personal development(how i went from a yung guy with a yung mentality to a slightly older guy (2 years) with a much more mature and profesinally mentality)
Proffessional development(Everything from "how to" in a large cooperation to day to day operations)
Networking
Cultural understanding
How i will benefint from the programme and its international measures(based on me wanting a international career and my already established contacts around the world).

... Cant think of more right now, but i know they are there.
Would it be okay to include here in this essay that Ive started learning spanish on my own in my spare time or should that be added somewhere else seperate?

The thing im worried about is that i will start writing topic one and some part of it would start looking alot like topic 2.

All feedback are welcome, all input of what could be good to write, anything!

To do list:
Get a haircut (booked time tuesday 5.15)
Buy new shirt (done 13. Februar)
Book photosession in order to have professional picture for future applications
Get graduation documents from Denmark (Mom and dad are working on it)
Get copy of my cambridge exam in english.
Copy work reviews from BMW AG, Munich, Germany
Copy description of work for BMW Financial Services New Zealand ltd, accounting and controlling
Copy description of work for BMW Financial Services New Zealand ltd, new business and marketing
Create file to collect all the papers that shall be sent off to CBS.

Send documents/application no later than 28th of February 2010 as express with track and trace.

Information:
The programme: CBS - Copenhagen Business School | BSc in International Business
Direct link for the Essay: http://uk.cbs.dk/content/download/54815/764671/file/ASP+IB special application form 2007.pdf

Please let me know if you need more information.

Will post first draft of the essay as soon as I have it ready.

Thank you in advance to all who contributes to this thread and therefore my future!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

ktzn

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Sep 30, 2009
Munich, Germany
UPDATED VERSION.

There will be alot of gramma errors and maybe even a spelling error but it is also still "work in progress" so think of the gramma errors of scafolding, will correct it today.

My contribution – through my background and experience – to an international programme and how I will benefit from studying in the international environment of CBS.

I have always enjoyed travelling have been fascinated by foreign languages, so when I was in 9th grade I decided to attend Eisbjerghus Efterskole. Eisbjerghus Efterskole is an international oriented boarding school and I was especially attracted to its exchange programme. I undertook an exchange in Pisa, Italy. After 9th grade I attended Hosens Business College where I completed 3 years of education in economics and mathematics. Towards the end I was made aware of a Danish organization named “Praktik I udlandet” and quickly realized that it would be my next step. I applied and was invited to an interview in Silkeborg. Soon after I went for a job interview in Munich at BMW AG and Infineon Technologies, which resulted in a position with BMW AG.
I worked at BMW AG for 12 months and have been working for BMW Financial Services New Zealand Ltd for the past 6 months. My time at BMW has taught me many things about the current business setting on a global scale.
At BMW AG in Munich, Germany I was working in the Sales Channel Strategy department which challenged me on a completely new level. On day one I was included in a project where we optimized the dealer network for BMW Motorbikes in Germany and created a template which could be used to optimize in other countries around the world. The fact that we were experiencing an economic crisis did not make the project less interesting. It gave us a different perspective that even my experienced colleagues had never faced before. I was involved in a project team called “Retail Innovation Laboratory” where we looked into the future retail possibilities. We made a touch point study to see where the customers interacted with BMW and its products.
I was involved in another project at BMW AG, I was in the project management office in a joint project between sales and financial services. Towards the end of my internship another intern and I developed a concept together and presented it to the project core team and received very positive feedback.
When I joined BMW Financial Services New Zealand Limited (”BMW NZ”), I went from working on a strategic level to being part of the operations side. This meant that it was more “hands on” work which happened every day. The position was in Controlling and Accounting. In accounting function I was responsible for the daily cash flow between BMW NZ, their clients and partners. The controlling part of the position was mainly driving to dealerships and completing a stock check to make sure that the dealership had enough security value to cover its loan with us in case of bankruptcy.
My new role at BMW NZ is in their New Business and Marketing team where I will work for the next 6 months. I am responsible for making sure that the necessary application documentation is present to enable us to send a deal through to our accounting team for payout. I am also responsible for all point of sale material for BMW Financial Services New Zealand and their products.
The two different positions have introduced me to many great colleagues and friends who have proven to be very valuable. This has resulted in an offer from Porsche in Stuttgart and Bentley Motors in Berlin for internships. I am prepared to accept one of these and again leave my home country to gain new knowledge from foreign countries.
I have experienced significant persona development during my time at BMW. I have been able to look at myself and locate my strengths and weaknesses and improve them. The amount of responsibility within my roles at BMW keeps me under pressure and ensures that I keep myself in line, and complete tasks before their deadline. This has taught me many valuable lessons within different fields of the organization which allows me to complete my workload faster, more efficiently and with ease.
On the 17th of February 2010 I started with a 6 week Spanish course at Selwyn Community Education as I have an interest in the Spanish language, culture and people. I also speak fluent Danish, German and English.
The International Business degree from Copenhagen Business School will be a huge asset to my career as the school has a fine reputation throughout Europe. Combining the utilization of the contacts I have already and the fact CBS encourages its students to complete an internship instead of having more electives, makes it a very unique opportunity for me.
The International business course has a very appealing structure with two courses per quarter, which will enable me to achieve a greater insight into each subject before moving onto the next. The GLOBE programme is also a very exciting part of the International Business course. The possibility to go abroad and achieve new knowledge about certain subjects and a better cultural understanding of the country is very beneficial for everyday working situations in a multi-national corporation.
After I have achieved the bachelor degree my plan is to go to either HEC in Paris, Bocconi in Milan or another well renowned University to get an MBA. With the MBA in my hand and the network that at that time will be more extensive than it already is, I will be ready to launch my career. This will be in the premium or luxury automotive sector.

Yours faithfully
Kristian Eriksen

Last edited:

ktzn

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Sep 30, 2009
Munich, Germany
With the university applications out of my head I started to relax a bit and had some quiet time just enjoying the sun here in Auckland, New Zealand whilst hearing stories about the worst winter since 1974 back home in Denmark.

Not sure what have happend though, I started to feel unchallenged and a bit bored, not saying I dont enjoy myself here in Auckland, but something was missing.
I went through my folder called "Business Plans" it has some word documents with ideas Ive had since august 2009. The quality of the files varies as some of them is just a poor summary of the idea outlining it as I never took it up, "just in case i would come up with something else".
I went through them and picked out 2 I found having the best potential. Made a brainstorm on both of them to get going. Saw the result, left it to sit overnight (its like chili con carne, it gets better overnight). The next day i went over it again, and picked my vehicle.
Im no in the process of writing a business plan for the idea, and I had a 30 minutes session with a Lawyer in Denmark this week which was GREAT, it opened up alot of things that I had never thought of.

The idea will be executed when I get back to Europe, so I now have 4 full months (aprox) to get the business plan right, do my research and make some decisions on how the business should be run.

Here are some usefull links that Im currently using:
Business plan template
Book: The Dynamic Business Plan

So Im officially :eek:fftopic:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.