The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Just Launch My Product - Feedback Please!!!

dr_pie

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Nov 2, 2011
Hey everyone. First off I want to say a big thank you to MJ. I read his book over a year and a half ago in Maui and it helped me realize that I was in the slow lane. It was inspirational and it got me to evaluate where I was and where I wanted to be. Fast forward to present day and I have just launched my first ever product! I have never done anything like this ever as I’ve always worked for someone else. Even though I have yet to make a sale it is exciting and I thank MJ for giving me the motivation.

Secondly, thanks to all you Fastlaners. I’ve read your posts and posted a few of my own. Your thoughts and comments have been excellent in providing me the direction and guidance I needed to get my product off the ground.

So here it is. My product is called Five Interviews. Five Interviews

I have created an interview system that businesses and hiring managers can use to properly interview for any vacant position in their organization without needing to be an expert recruiter or needing the services of a Human Resources professional. Five Interviews gives the exact interview questions to ask for any job and a simple to follow interview system to ensure you get an excellent hire for your job vacancy.

I have seen too many people make terrible hiring decision because they didn’t know better. I believe this product is what they need to make sure they get the best person for the job.

I am asking my fellow Fastlaners for feedback on everything: The product itself, the website, the price point and anything else you can think of. The honest, brutal truth is what I am looking for. Before I start down the road to market this I want to make sure I have a solid site with a solid message.

Thank you all in advance for your input!

Clark

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MPCTrainer

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
May 20, 2013
Let's start right at the beginning, this is a great effort, you're getting started, and you're accomplishing. Now, let's get to the bad part. I don't want to hurt your feelings, but I've coached people, i've helped people launch products, and I had a coach help me launch my first product, and he was harsh.

Your product name isn't good. You're selling questions to ask for five different positions. I thought your system required 5 different interviews to hire the person. Hiring Perfected--Instant Recruiter... It should be what they're going to be able to do, not what your product has. you've made one of the biggest flaws just in the title. You gave a feature instead of a benefit.

Your copy is weak. You need an EYE CATCHING HEADLINE That's Benefit Focused! NEVER MAKE A BAD HIRE AGAIN. Learn The System That Will Turn You Into An Expert Recruiter and Save You A Fortune On Human Resources or Recruiters.

Now find some statistics on what it cost a business when they make a bad hire.

Explain to them how you either used this system, or someone you know used this system, and it changed their life. This is your Expert Story Positioning.

Bring in your USP (Unique Selling Position) with a big Headline. HIRE SUPERSTARS THE FIRST TIME EVERY TIME (this isn't perfect, but you get the drift hopefully--it's nearly midnight here, but I want to help you out). Here's where you explain the basic part of the system.

Testimonials, do you have any, can you get any, if you can't, do you know any business people that will give your program a run through and put their name to how good it is. Or have you worked these strategies in a business and someone can attest to your ability of being an Expert Hirer. Testimonials are important.

YOU'RE GOING TO CUT COST, HAVE GREAT EMPLOYEES AT ALL LEVELS, AND MAKE MORE WITHOUT THE CHALLENGE OF KNOWING EVERYTIME WHAT TO ASK?
Explain the importance of great employees once more and explain how this system helps them get the result of getting great employees.
Here's where you explain how the system is going to show them how to hire on any stage of business, the 5 Levels and the Questions they must know before hiring the wrong employees.
(the 5 Interviews should be the second product, the Right Hire should be your main product).

Explain the next bonus Explain The Reference Interview.

Sum Up the costs: If you do your research, you'll have the cost to the employee that you're saving them. You have the cost of a Recruiter that you're saving them. You have the cost of a Human's resource department that you're saving them. Then, you have the materials.

The Right Hire is packed full of powerful information that is honed from the top recruiters who charge Such an amount.
The 5-Interview Style alone is a breakthrough in job hiring and is a done for you system to hiring. If you were to hire someone to come in and right you these scripts out you'd pay a minimum of so much money.
The Reference Bonus is a small but powerful book packed with excellent information that will help you expediate everything and you could easily sell it for 47 dollars.

Then you tell them the collected amount. They could spend this amount: But they wont. They could spend this amount. But they won't. They could spend this amount... or this amount... or even this amount and it would still be a good deal, and a lot of friends and business associates who have seen this product recommended this amount ($297 or 197 dollars). But, you understand the difficulties in this economy, you understand the need for a good hire, and you want this product accessible to everyone, so you charge, (97 dollars)

But That's not all. If At Any Point in The Next Sixty Days you don't think you've gotten a program that will completely change your hiring practices, ask for a full refund. No questions asked. No hard feelings. And You'll even get to keep the product and use it anyways. That's right, I'm so certain that this product works, so certain that you're business will seen instant improvement with its hires, you get to keep the product, even if you ask for a refund.

Hire Right The First Time Every Time, Buy NOW and Better your Business Today.

That's a bit of what you want, clearly it needs a little more organization, but, you want a sales letter.

Problem 3: Clear out all the junk from your page. The contact on the top of the page is okay (I wouldn't recommend it, I'd put it in a footer with About Us and Home, but, hey, it's fine.) Get your newsletter submission out of there. Get your little ask question box out of there. The only options they should have is to buy, or not to buy. You can have an exit-redirect page, when they go to click off, you take them to another page where you offer them the free newsletter.

Problem 4: Your optin for a newsletter is flimsy. Write a small Report on the 10 Pitfalls of Hiring The Wrong Employees.

Problem 5: Get some PLR material on how to Be a Better Leader, or write the report yourself. How to inspire, engage, and create a powerful vision that will push your employees to action.

That's all I have for you right now. I hope I wasn't too harsh.

I would suggest to start getting traffic to find small business ezines, small business blogs, and start buying advertisements on them, or seeing if you can write some blog posts about hiring, about picking the right employees, about getting the best from your employees, and so forth and so on.

MPCTrainer

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
May 20, 2013
One other thing, you might want to use Garageband if you have a Mac or Audacity if you have a PC, buy yourself a 15 dollar Computer Mic, and make an audio of your book The Right Hire, that way, people can learn in multiple mediums, and you know what, your product suddenly increases in value, and you have another 125 dollar product you can add to the pile to make that 95 dollars seem so cheap and inexpensive.

dr_pie

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Nov 2, 2011
Thank you for your feedback. It is very informative. Great ideas and clearly lots of revisions needed. The difficulty I have had is explaining the product without being to wordy. It is a challenge when trying to sell the idea that 5 interviews is all you need to hire for any job vacancy.

I hear what you are saying about the Right Hire book being the product but there are thousands of books on how to interview. Where I was going and why I feel this product is innovative is that I have create 5 interview templates, one for each level organizational job (i.e. entry level, professional level, supervisor level, senior manager level and exec level). Each interview contains the exact questions you need to ask for any job you need to hire for in any of those 5 categories. You don't need to hire a professional to interview for you, you don't need to try and come up with questions on your own. The process and the questions are done for you.

Need to figure out a better way to sell this and get the message out without being confusing....

MPCTrainer

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
May 20, 2013
Instant Interview--Done For You Interviews--Ultimate Interview Scripts--Other names that imply that these are Interview scripts done for them. Five interviews again suggest in my opinion that a person needs to interview someone five times. It's going to be confusing and people don't want to be confused.

What your offering people is something that every one wants. A done for them system, where all they have to do is fill in the blanks. It's a great idea. And I see you want to maintain your originality and what you see as important. I'm not going to tread on that.

My sales letter for a 45 dollar product was 4 pages long and it was converting at 20%. The problem I had was that I didn't know how to sustain traffic at the time--knew nothing about payperclick or anything and eventually just gave up on the project and shut it down. Also I had no analytics--you do have analytics in your site don't you.

I wrote the book on effective communication--literally, it's called The 5-Minute Communicator. Here's the basic principles. You want to repeat your major points. Repeat it or Beat it, if you don't repeat you can't compete. Two, you want to make sure you make your message as clear and simple as possible--length has nothing to do with clear and simple. Three THOUGH THIS REALLY SHOULD BE NUMBER ONE--- YOU MUST CAPTURE THEIR ATTENTION WITH A CATCHY AND POWERFUL HEADLINE That headline is your promise, it's your first and most important Unique Selling Proposition.

Here's the major mistake in your entire sales letter. It's all features. It needs to be benefits. No one cares what someone does, they care what it will do for them.

Think about the Fastlane book, how is this product going to help others. When you make it clear that it will save them time, money, effort, and most of all Pain... you'll have their attention.

dr_pie

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Nov 2, 2011
This is just great feedback MPCTrainer. I really appreciate you taking the time. I will re-write the sales script using your advice and come back to the forum for another feedback session. Many thanks.

If you have anything else I'm completely open to suggestion. I've got thick skin so I can handle it. :)

dr_pie

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Nov 2, 2011
Ok I'm back. After MPCTrainer's feedback a re-write of the copy of my site was in order. When I originally wrote the copy I wanted to have a professional tone and I wanted to stay away from an infomercial type sales pitch. However, what I realized was that by completely avoiding the infomercial sales pitch, I failed to address the benefits of my product. This in turn cause me to poorly describe what I was selling.

So...I have rewritten the copy. Here is link to my site with the old copy: Five Interviews

I would love for some feedback on what I have written below. Am I hitting the mark? Is something missing? Again the brutal truth is best!

NEVER MAKE A BAD HIRING DECISION AGAIN!
SAVE A FORTUNE by learning the system that will turn you into an expert recruiter overnight. No more expensive recruiters. No more inadequate interviews. No more bad hires! With our interview scripts you get The Right Hire. The First Time. Every Time!

INSTANT INTERVIEWS DONE FOR YOU – The Ultimate Interview Scripts
Imagine interviewing with confidence by knowing the exact questions to ask when interviewing for your next superstar employee. You don’t need to hire expensive recruiters or rely on human resource professionals to do the hiring for you. You also don’t have to spend painstaking hours trying to decide what questions to ask. With our interview system it’s done for you. Simply read the interview script and fill in the blanks. It’s that easy!

Five Interviews is a breakthrough in job hiring. Designed on years of real world interviewing experience, this system cuts through the technical expertise of recruiting and reduces it to its simplest, most powerful form. Based on only 5 possible job groups in any organization: Entry Level, Professional Level, Supervisor Level, Senior Manager Level and Executive Level, we have designed one interview script for each level. Each script contains a winning combination of questions that will ensure amazing hires at all levels. Simply select the script that matches the level of job that you are hiring for and start interviewing. Instant interviews ready for you!

CUT COSTS AND SAVE MONEY WITH OUR INTERVIEW SCRIPTS
Hiring top grade talent is the key to making your business profitable and a success. Unfortunately traditional recruiting methods and bad hiring decisions are incredibly costly. Using the services of Headhunter, having a Human Resources professional on staff, or interviewing on your own are all expensive propositions. Look at these staggering costs:

• Using Headhunters – You will pay up to 40% commission to a Headhunter based on the annual salary of position being recruited for. If the salary of your vacant position is $50,000, the Headhunters commission would be $20,000!
• Hire a full-time HR Professional –The average annual salary for an HR Professional is $65,000!
• Interview yourself – The cost of this is just your time unless you make a bad hiring decision. Hiring mistakes can cost an organization up to 5 TIMES the positions annual salary. That $50,000 position you just hired turns out to be a terrible employee. This mistake just cost you $250,000!!!

You shouldn’t have to afford these costs or worry about making crucial hiring mistakes. Our interview scripts dramatically save you time, money and put you in control of hiring your next employee!

HIRE SUPERSTARS EVERY TIME
With the Five Interviews system you get all five Interview Scripts (Entry Level, Professional Level, Supervisor Level, Senior Manager Level and Executive Level) so that you can easily hire for any level of position in your organization immediately.

Included as part of this package is the The Right Hire e-book. This small 80 page book is packed full of powerful information that has been honed from the top recruiters on the secrets of hiring the best. In 9 simple steps you will learn the art of interviewing and your confidence will instantly grow.

But that is not all. You will also receive the Reference Interview script. This incredible tool will ensure you have a fail safe process in place to ensure you make the right hiring decision. Our carefully crafted reference questions will guarantee that when you conduct references you get the right information to make the most informed hiring decision.

This entire package is the secret to your hiring success! Act now and get your next Superstar hired today!

BUY NOW AND BETTER YOUR BUSINESS TODAY
If you were to hire a Human Resources consultant to write these scripts you would pay over $200 per script. That’s $1000 for all five!!! The world of recruiting is a lucrative business and it’s not cheap to pay a professional to write interview scripts. You could easily spend this amount and it would still be a great deal for pre-written interviews. But I don’t want you to pay that.

My business associates who have seen and recommend this product think I should sell all five interview scripts for $297. Add in The Right Hire e-book and Reference Interview and they feel the entire package should be sold for $349! This is a tremendous deal for such incredible value. However, I still don’t want you to pay that.
I want the Five Interviews system to be accessible to all. Everyone should be able to hire incredible talent without sacrificing time, money and the pain that comes with recruiting. So for only $97 the entire package is yours!!! All five interview scripts, The Right Hire e-book and the Reference Interview for $97.

But wait there’s more. For any reason in the next 60 days you don’t feel you’ve got the interview system that has revolutionized your hiring practices and delivered you superstar hires we’ll refund your money. No questions asked. No hard feelings. We are so confident in this product and the instant success you will achieve; you get to keep everything even if you ask for a refund.

So what are you waiting for? With nothing to lose Buy Now and get the talent you need today!

MPCTrainer

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
May 20, 2013
Very Good, definitely a Quantum improvement over the last write up. That has some converting value.

dr_pie

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Nov 2, 2011
Again thanks for your feedback MPCTrainer. As you can tell I borrowed some of your copy. I think I am on the right track. Beers on me if we ever meet!

dr_pie

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Nov 2, 2011
Through the website no. Just launched this week and a very soft launch at that. Not focused on sales yet. Need to get the site where it needs to be and then I will focus on marketing. It is a fantastic product that gets businesses great hires. So I want my messaging and sales pitch to be just perfect and then I will get it out to the masses.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.