The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Just got back from a trip to the Masters

Anything related to matters of the mind

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
What an experience! The setting, services, crowds... unbelievable.

The whole place oooozed money. Tickets cost thousands. We were provided two tickets for one day with transportation to and from the event. We were also provided a room in a large house that had multiple hosts keeping us supplied with food and drink.

A vendor of our golf course provided this accommodation for probably around 100 guests total. Most were decision makers on the ability to purchase the vendors equipment. I don't know the cost to them but it has to be very high.

Most of the people at the course were there on some other sponsor's nickel. At least that is how it appeared to me. Seems like it is buying the votes for where to purchase. I am appreciative that we were able to attend but not sure that the overall idea is good. Say they invited my GM. He might be biased into making a $500,000 purchase with them as opposed to looking for the best price with other vendors.

This is how the game is played though.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

cwalto12

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Feb 21, 2018
Louisville
What an experience! The setting, services, crowds... unbelievable.

The whole place oooozed money. Tickets cost thousands. We were provided two tickets for one day with transportation to and from the event. We were also provided a room in a large house that had multiple hosts keeping us supplied with food and drink.

A vendor of our golf course provided this accommodation for probably around 100 guests total. Most were decision makers on the ability to purchase the vendors equipment. I don't know the cost to them but it has to be very high.

Most of the people at the course were there on some other sponsor's nickel. At least that is how it appeared to me. Seems like it is buying the votes for where to purchase. I am appreciative that we were able to attend but not sure that the overall idea is good. Say they invited my GM. He might be biased into making a $500,000 purchase with them as opposed to looking for the best price with other vendors.

This is how the game is played though.
Get kicked out early for yelling DILLY DILLY?

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Get kicked out early for yelling DILLY DILLY?
Did you go? Was that you? :)

I've attended the open in Scottsdale a few times. They are a ROWDY crowd. Drunks and Ho's everywhere. Who wears spiked heels to a golf course? It is fun there also.

The crowds at the Master's are pretty well behaved though... Not like that Scottsdale bunch. :)

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL

People associate how they feel about you with the emotions they have when they're around you. Often times those emotions can be bought.

Your story reminds me of Chinese factories and how all of them keep insisting that you "get a massage" or "go to karaoke".

The best forms of bribery are those that are legal and create positive associations.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Shepherd

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
362%
Jul 10, 2017
This is what keeps the "Good ol' boys" networks alive.
I used to get this a lot on a smaller scale when I was in purchasing 20 years ago. Several of them got frustrated when I didn't give them the bulk of my business despite the golf outings and dinners. I was in my early twenties, but not so naive not to remember who signed my checks.

On a side note, I have heard scratch golfers who played on courses the week after a major say the courses were unbelievably hard as compared to what they were used to. I think I will stick to the white or blue tee boxes, thank you very much.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.