The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

job require reporting additional income?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

loop101

Gold Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 3, 2013
Anyone ever have a job that required reporting money earned outside the company? Asking for a friend.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

OP
OP
L

loop101

Gold Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 3, 2013
LOL, that's a new one. Nope. Never had that happen. What is the basis of the requirement?
I imagine a job something like awarding government licenses to drill for oil and gas. Where a large gas company might walk by and drop a giant bag of money on the ground, or maybe they didn't.

View: https://youtu.be/iaSUOFleNRU?t=28

danyk

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jul 29, 2020
Colorado Springs
Anyone ever have a job that required reporting money earned outside the company? Asking for a friend.
Hi!! (for a friend)

Yes, in the financial services industry you have to report anyyy other income (potential conflicts of interest.) Curious as to why you're asking?

Dany -

OP
OP
L

loop101

Gold Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 3, 2013
Hi!! (for a friend)

Yes, in the financial services industry you have to report anyyy other income (potential conflicts of interest.) Curious as to why you're asking?

Dany -
If I had a job where I had to report my side jobs to be reviewed by my employer, that would dissuade me from having side jobs. I guess I would be more product based, than service based. For example, I might make mobile apps or SaaS products, instead of doing freelance web work for small companies. There is no way my friend would want to vet freelance customers with their employer.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Technically this is the rule at the museum where my wife works but..... a few years ago she was selling mostly antique jewelry and they didn't care. A board member walked through the office one day and asked her if she was selling jewelry, my wife said yes. The lady wanted to see some of it. So the next day she brought it in to work. She liked a pearl necklace my wife had for sale so she bought it. Now keep in mind that they really want my wife to continue working there and they know I do not want her to continue to work there and if they ever give her any sh1t about anything..... my wife and the director knows I will raise all kinds of hell! Don't get me wrong, I keep my mouth shut because it is her career, but they know me.... :roadblock::innocent: :halo::roadblock: No one else ever pushes their luck about having another job or starting a business outside of the museum.

I'll keep my mouth shut while she is at work but if she wants to sell dildos in her off time by golly she will do it! :party:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox' Web School's "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
This year has been quite crazy so far, and a lot of people have reached out to ask me if web...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Got it several weeks ago and have listened to it several times now. I've definitely met both...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Out of curiosity, what types of businesses are you advising on? (I read this whole thread...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Just bought 5 of your Upwork courses. Thanks for making valuable content Lex!
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks for your offer to look at my book. Here's the link to the squeeze page Buy The Prosperous...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom