The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

job require reporting additional income?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
Anyone ever have a job that required reporting money earned outside the company? Asking for a friend.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
LOL, that's a new one. Nope. Never had that happen. What is the basis of the requirement?

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
LOL, that's a new one. Nope. Never had that happen. What is the basis of the requirement?

I imagine a job something like awarding government licenses to drill for oil and gas. Where a large gas company might walk by and drop a giant bag of money on the ground, or maybe they didn't.

View: https://youtu.be/iaSUOFleNRU?t=28

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
I was thinking employer looking for conflicts of interest. That would fit.

danyk

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
318%
Jul 29, 2020
Colorado Springs
Anyone ever have a job that required reporting money earned outside the company? Asking for a friend.

Hi!! (for a friend)

Yes, in the financial services industry you have to report anyyy other income (potential conflicts of interest.) Curious as to why you're asking?

Dany -

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
Hi!! (for a friend)

Yes, in the financial services industry you have to report anyyy other income (potential conflicts of interest.) Curious as to why you're asking?

Dany -

If I had a job where I had to report my side jobs to be reviewed by my employer, that would dissuade me from having side jobs. I guess I would be more product based, than service based. For example, I might make mobile apps or SaaS products, instead of doing freelance web work for small companies. There is no way my friend would want to vet freelance customers with their employer.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Technically this is the rule at the museum where my wife works but..... a few years ago she was selling mostly antique jewelry and they didn't care. A board member walked through the office one day and asked her if she was selling jewelry, my wife said yes. The lady wanted to see some of it. So the next day she brought it in to work. She liked a pearl necklace my wife had for sale so she bought it. Now keep in mind that they really want my wife to continue working there and they know I do not want her to continue to work there and if they ever give her any sh1t about anything..... my wife and the director knows I will raise all kinds of hell! Don't get me wrong, I keep my mouth shut because it is her career, but they know me.... :roadblock::innocent: :halo::roadblock: No one else ever pushes their luck about having another job or starting a business outside of the museum.

I'll keep my mouth shut while she is at work but if she wants to sell dildos in her off time by golly she will do it! :party:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.