The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How I Just Added $1000 of Additional Revenue per Month With Little Effort

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

SD Entrepreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Jul 12, 2019
San Diego, CA
We could almost all use an extra $1000 per month... let me show you how I just easily added that to my monthly income.

I already run a business which keeps me busy in itself. However, I am always on the lookout for diversifying my income streams and learning new things.

So, I decided a few months back I wanted to help other startups and small businesses with their sales, marketing and other general business needs in a part time, consultative way.

Since then, I landed 2 clients that are already bringing me in 1k/mth in revenue without putting much effort into it. Here's how:
  1. First client was found by providing value to someone's post on the Nextdoor app. A local small business owner asked her neighbors for some help with marketing consulting. I messaged her and provided more than enough value in my first correspondence that she wanted to pay me for 8-10 hours of my time per month to start.
    This took 2 messages, a few texts and 1 quick meeting to get going. I quickly figured out how to go about my new role as a consultant but am enjoying it and see a big opportunity for doing this in the future.

2. Second client was found through Upwork. I created a profile that highlights my content writing and business consultant skills, found and applied to projects and landed a client within 1 week. Since my first assignment with them I have been told they would like to continue sending me content writing assignments each week, which now is easily earning me $400-$500 per month for about 6-8 hours of my time.
What's crazy about the digital age we live in is how quickly you can do find opportunities like this, all with little effort or money. Here's how:

Be attentive & provide solutions

Listen to what people are having problems/issues with and provide solutions that are valuable to them and you can create additional revenue streams like this...

Stop over thinking and figure things out as you go

All those limiting beliefs and excessive thoughts hold many people back. Does my business card say "Business Consultant"? No.

Do I have 5 years of consulting experience and certifications? No.

Did that stop me from presenting myself as an expert and business consultant who can provide value? Of course not. I wasn't afraid to put myself out there and figure it out. You can do the same.

Who knows how long these two clients last, how many more I bring on, etc... but for now I'm enjoying others paying me for my time and value while helping them achieve their goals... all with minimal effort.

Hoping this will inspire action in others to make things happen and stop over analyzing ideas. Time to execute!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.