The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Iammelissamoore

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 23, 2014
Trinidad and Tobago
I LOVEEEEE this book (still adore the 1st 2, and always refer to them). I know MJ stated this is his "attempt" at storytelling, but indeed, the story was impactful throughout.

As always, I welcome the empowering insight AND the practical steps to apply on my journey.

Thank you for ANOTHER Exceptional addition to my journey.

RogueMinion

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 30, 2019
NY
This was a great audible book to listen to. It gives a great story to explain every concept from the previous two books. Now that I have read the three of them. I need to focus on my own execution. Thanks MJ

Gtp

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Jan 8, 2022
I'm reading the Great race escape

Rauschmi

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 7, 2021
Oceanside, CA
I have read(listened to audio book) the great race race escape.
Great book.
I enjoyed the different approach to teaching and storytelling. It kinda gave the key points a bit of real world examples. I will be buying a copy of the book as well to use as a reference book.
Great job MJ!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Marty-WOB

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 27, 2020
Germany
I read the Great Rat Race escape and especially enjoyed the eye-opening part of the fictional story. To me, the story made the concepts that were mostly introduced in the first two books way more tangible. It must have been hard to combine these two very different things but made it a very enjoyable read! Thank you very much!

G.orsi

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jan 12, 2022
Read a few weeks ago. Got me back on track with pursuing my entrepreneurial goals since I got sidetracked after reading MJ's other two books. Led me to finally registering in this forum.
Lots of truly valuable stuuf in this work. Highly recommend!

davidwiles

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Sep 28, 2021
Finished this book second, listened to the trilogy on Audible!

olli_23

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
Dec 14, 2021
I finished reading the Great Rat Race escape .... And I`m sad !

Why? I really enjoyed the story and couldn't wait to find out what was next for Jeff and Sam. I loved the story and I have to say the mix of fiction and non-fiction worked really well. Maybe it will be a trendsetter for the non-fiction genre? :)

After the fun part, now the harder part: putting it all into action!

G

Guest103804

I finished reading the Great Rat Race escape .... And I`m sad !

Why? I really enjoyed the story and couldn't wait to find out what was next for Jeff and Sam. I loved the story and I have to say the mix of fiction and non-fiction worked really well. Maybe it will be a trendsetter for the non-fiction genre? :)

After the fun part, now the harder part: putting it all into action!
Touché I have just today started putting my 1-month action into place for my new venture on my own as myself and my business partner put our current business up for sale at the end of the last year.

Dostum

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Aug 10, 2020
Kiambu, Kenya
I read this book last year around September thereabout. The this thing that hit me HARDEST was COST OF MONEY which became clearer after watched MJ interview with Alex & Books and Jake & Gino discussing the book. Overall it's a nice book though not as brilliant as TMF and Unscripted . Thank you.

perfomance

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jul 28, 2021
I read it, an excellent format for combining fiction and business literature. The principles are well remembered based on the examples of the history of the heroes. Thanks!

Victor Silva

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Aug 12, 2014
If you read THE GREAT RAT RACE ESCAPE , please post here!

I'm happy to announce that my next full length book (444 pages, 16 hours Audible) is now available with a release date of Tuesday June 29th, 2021.

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

UNSCRIPTED - The Great Rat Race Escape : From Wage Slavery to Wealth, How to Start a Purpose Driven Business and Win Financial Freedom for a Lifetime
(Yes, really long but I was able to get to work on the cover!)

By all appearances, Jeff and Samantha Trotman are living the American Dream. But behind the white picket fence, they endure an American Nightmare. With little time for each other, a pile of debt, and Ferrari taste on a Ford budget, the ruse of affluence is killing them. Two respectable jobs and a lovely suburban house paint a pretty picture, but behind the ink is a broken marriage rife with meaningless work and dead dreams. And now, with an unplanned pregnancy, they’re facing a mid-life crisis twenty years early.

With little time and looming bankruptcy, the Trotmans are forced to face the red-pill truth they long denied: They were living, but they weren’t alive. Determined to resurrect their life and their marriage, the Trotmans plot a rat-race escape—only to find themselves more thickly in it.

As tensions rise and hope fades, follow along step-by-step as the Trotmans pivot to a new strategy and a new career: starting a business as entrepreneurs.

While they navigate their journey, you’ll learn 120 wealth-building strategies and principles that your mainstream financial guru won’t dare reveal—actionable concepts that will help you profit your way into the Unscripted 1%, an emerging economic class of entrepreneurs who enjoy a lifetime of freedom emancipated from miserly living and Wall Street's "save, pray, and wait" paradigm. Discover how one family escapes the rat-race grind and wins a lifetime of financial freedom, leaving behind the tyranny of meaningless jobs and mediocre living— and how you can too.

• The Bad Math Principle: Why most people will never escape the rat-race, much less earn financial freedom.
  • The 1/5/10 Strategy: How this one simple exercise will unearth your ultimate dream life while establishing a decision framework for its reality
  • The Honeypot Principle: Why the financial media's "invest a $100/mo for 40 years in indexed-funds" narrative is part of the same rat-race scheme, just a different side of the same rigged coin.
  • The Dual Change Strategy: The two divergent sides of change and how it can make you a fortune.
  • The Value Skew Strategy: How to find literally 1000s of business ideas and why you never need to "disrupt" or invent anything new or novel.
  • The Millionaire Payday Strategy: How to spot opportunities to hire yourself and earn an instant millionaire-making income.
  • The Cinderella Principle: Why starting a business based on a cultural trend or a fad is a horrible idea.
  • The Perseverance Strategy: Never struggle with motivation again; the four necessary ingredients to tap into unlimited motivation and determination, regardless of the obstacles in your way.
  • The Triangulated Value Strategy: Learn how to never quit three-feet from gold: The 3-pronged strategy in maximizing marketing yields while also illuminating the "quit or continue" decision.
  • and over 110+ more!
Don’t let the rat-race and its co-conspirators proclaim your life as non-essential. Don’t let the rat-race entice you to save your life away for the promise of an elderly retirement. Don’t let the rat-race lull you into a tedious existence medicated by television, video games, and trivial sporting events.

Go Unscripted , escape the rat-race, and win your happily-ever-after.

##### DOWNLOAD SAMPLE CHAPTERS
>>> If you'd like to download the first 40 pages, visit here.
View attachment 40258

View attachment 40257
Listened to this one on Audible. Got it the day it came out, or close to it, I'm now unsure.

AnasHarn

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Sep 1, 2021
France
Read it and loved it ! An encyclopedia for entrepreneurs !

GeoffTheGerman

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
May 24, 2020
Ontario, Canada
I probably should have posted this earlier as I literally bought, and read the entire book on release day, but "I've read the great rat race escape " and I thought it was probably the greatest book I've ever read. ...The only book I've ever read that competes is Millionaire Fastlane . Which is when I first started to change the way I think. Thanks for everything you do MJ. All your books are awesome.

A.Windhelm

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Dec 29, 2020
I pre-ordered it as soon as I heard in June. I have been re-reading it ever since trying to grow my business. There were some parts that bothered me, and it wasn't the story, characters or informational chapters. It was the technicalities of how Jeff and Samantha did their business. I don't want to post any spoilers for anyone who hasn't read it, but I feel the need to ask some things. For example, Sam's recipe for her udon. I actually also have a recipe I made myself that is a "plant-based" or "vegan" udon soup. I started to look into canning it for curiosity, and I found out that it's actually not a great idea to can wheat or wheat-based products. Neither is it a good idea to can noodles, because they just turn to mush. I understand that it is only fiction, but I also wish there were other details. Did Sam have to get a canning machine? Did the commercial kitchen they rented have a canning machine? Did they have to buy cans? Canning is a very delicate process, If done incorrectly it can cause botulism which can lead to death. I still loved the book, but I wish it had more detail on these sometimes hard to get items or information.

Wouter

What do you want to be when you give up?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Aug 6, 2019
Netherlands
Read it right when it came out. Enjoyed the storytelling that's woven into the Fastlane/Unscripted principles. Great complement to the other two books. TMF will forever be my favorite though, because of how eye-opening it was for me ;) Thanks MJ!

justinbiz

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Jan 31, 2022
Southern California and Northern Ohio
I'm on my second listening of The Great Rate Race Escape (skipping the Trotmans this time), and I got a physical book to follow along where I want to take in the concepts differently (like the variants of value).

Here's why I love GRRE :

- The super concrete business evaluation tools.

- The conceptual separation between the specialized unit and the business system that realigns my thinking away from "build it and they will come."

- The stark illumination of the nature and workings of the rat race. Although I already held much of this underlying view, the math puts it in such clear perspective that my remaining denial is shattered (like I can get there with alternative high-earning investments).

- The deconstruction of the escape number. While I calculated my own escape number years ago using slightly different means, I came up with around the same number as the book's general example.

- The irreverence and swearing. Since I live in Southern California I'm used to swearing in business contexts, and I appreciate the emphasis and humor it adds to important points. FTE!

The book is a great service to Shawshank Rats!

Cesar Ramirez

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Nov 21, 2021
If you read THE GREAT RAT RACE ESCAPE , please post here!

I'm happy to announce that my next full length book (444 pages, 16 hours Audible) is now available with a release date of Tuesday June 29th, 2021.

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

UNSCRIPTED - The Great Rat Race Escape : From Wage Slavery to Wealth, How to Start a Purpose Driven Business and Win Financial Freedom for a Lifetime
(Yes, really long but I was able to get to work on the cover!)

By all appearances, Jeff and Samantha Trotman are living the American Dream. But behind the white picket fence, they endure an American Nightmare. With little time for each other, a pile of debt, and Ferrari taste on a Ford budget, the ruse of affluence is killing them. Two respectable jobs and a lovely suburban house paint a pretty picture, but behind the ink is a broken marriage rife with meaningless work and dead dreams. And now, with an unplanned pregnancy, they’re facing a mid-life crisis twenty years early.

With little time and looming bankruptcy, the Trotmans are forced to face the red-pill truth they long denied: They were living, but they weren’t alive. Determined to resurrect their life and their marriage, the Trotmans plot a rat-race escape—only to find themselves more thickly in it.

As tensions rise and hope fades, follow along step-by-step as the Trotmans pivot to a new strategy and a new career: starting a business as entrepreneurs.

While they navigate their journey, you’ll learn 120 wealth-building strategies and principles that your mainstream financial guru won’t dare reveal—actionable concepts that will help you profit your way into the Unscripted 1%, an emerging economic class of entrepreneurs who enjoy a lifetime of freedom emancipated from miserly living and Wall Street's "save, pray, and wait" paradigm. Discover how one family escapes the rat-race grind and wins a lifetime of financial freedom, leaving behind the tyranny of meaningless jobs and mediocre living— and how you can too.

• The Bad Math Principle: Why most people will never escape the rat-race, much less earn financial freedom.
  • La estrategia del 5/1/10: cómo este simple ejercicio desenterrará la vida de sus sueños definitivos mientras establece un marco de decisión para su realidad
  • El principio Honeypot: por qué la narrativa de los medios financieros de "invertir $ 100 / mes durante 40 años en fondos indexados" es parte del mismo esquema de carrera de ratas, solo un lado diferente de la misma moneda manipulada.
  • La estrategia de cambio dual: los dos lados divergentes del cambio y cómo puede hacerte una fortuna.
  • La estrategia Value Skew: cómo encontrar literalmente miles de ideas de negocios y por qué nunca necesita "interrumpir" o inventar nada nuevo o novedoso.
  • La estrategia del día de pago del millonario: cómo detectar oportunidades para contratarte a ti mismo y obtener un ingreso millonario instantáneo.
  • El Principio de Cenicienta: Por qué iniciar un negocio basado en una tendencia cultural o una moda pasajera es una idea horrible.
  • La estrategia de la perseverancia: Nunca vuelvas a luchar con la motivación; los cuatro ingredientes necesarios para aprovechar la motivación y determinación ilimitadas, independientemente de los obstáculos en su camino.
  • La estrategia de valor triangulado: aprenda a nunca renunciar a tres pies de oro: la estrategia de 3 puntas para maximizar los rendimientos de marketing al mismo tiempo que ilumina la decisión de "abandonar o continuar".
  • ¡y más de 110+ más!
No permita que la carrera de ratas y sus cómplices proclamen que su vida no es esencial. No deje que la carrera de ratas lo atraiga a salvar su vida por la promesa de una jubilación de edad avanzada. No dejes que la carrera de ratas te lleve a una existencia tediosa medicada por la televisión, los videojuegos y los eventos deportivos triviales.

Vaya sin guión, escape de la carrera de ratas y gane su felices para siempre.

##### DESCARGAR CAPÍTULOS DE MUESTRA
>>> Si desea descargar las primeras 40 páginas, visite aquí.
View attachment 40258

View attachment 40257
Great Content, happy to read this gold, planning my steps to achieve my Planasy 1/5/10

p0stscript

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Feb 7, 2018
UK

Please SEARCH before posting.