The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

gilli

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Aug 22, 2020
italy
i have read it and am grateful that i have found some more breadcrumbs. thank you MJ

Djuji

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Sep 1, 2020
Germany
I have read it, listened to it and starting again to get all of the gold Nuggets.

arivera

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
May 23, 2020
Colombia
If you read THE GREAT RAT RACE ESCAPE , please post here!

I'm happy to announce that my next full length book (444 pages, 16 hours Audible) is now available with a release date of Tuesday June 29th, 2021.

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

UNSCRIPTED - The Great Rat Race Escape : From Wage Slavery to Wealth, How to Start a Purpose Driven Business and Win Financial Freedom for a Lifetime
(Yes, really long but I was able to get to work on the cover!)

By all appearances, Jeff and Samantha Trotman are living the American Dream. But behind the white picket fence, they endure an American Nightmare. With little time for each other, a pile of debt, and Ferrari taste on a Ford budget, the ruse of affluence is killing them. Two respectable jobs and a lovely suburban house paint a pretty picture, but behind the ink is a broken marriage rife with meaningless work and dead dreams. And now, with an unplanned pregnancy, they’re facing a mid-life crisis twenty years early.

With little time and looming bankruptcy, the Trotmans are forced to face the red-pill truth they long denied: They were living, but they weren’t alive. Determined to resurrect their life and their marriage, the Trotmans plot a rat-race escape—only to find themselves more thickly in it.

As tensions rise and hope fades, follow along step-by-step as the Trotmans pivot to a new strategy and a new career: starting a business as entrepreneurs.

While they navigate their journey, you’ll learn 120 wealth-building strategies and principles that your mainstream financial guru won’t dare reveal—actionable concepts that will help you profit your way into the Unscripted 1%, an emerging economic class of entrepreneurs who enjoy a lifetime of freedom emancipated from miserly living and Wall Street's "save, pray, and wait" paradigm. Discover how one family escapes the rat-race grind and wins a lifetime of financial freedom, leaving behind the tyranny of meaningless jobs and mediocre living— and how you can too.

• The Bad Math Principle: Why most people will never escape the rat-race, much less earn financial freedom.
  • The 1/5/10 Strategy: How this one simple exercise will unearth your ultimate dream life while establishing a decision framework for its reality
  • The Honeypot Principle: Why the financial media's "invest a $100/mo for 40 years in indexed-funds" narrative is part of the same rat-race scheme, just a different side of the same rigged coin.
  • The Dual Change Strategy: The two divergent sides of change and how it can make you a fortune.
  • The Value Skew Strategy: How to find literally 1000s of business ideas and why you never need to "disrupt" or invent anything new or novel.
  • The Millionaire Payday Strategy: How to spot opportunities to hire yourself and earn an instant millionaire-making income.
  • The Cinderella Principle: Why starting a business based on a cultural trend or a fad is a horrible idea.
  • The Perseverance Strategy: Never struggle with motivation again; the four necessary ingredients to tap into unlimited motivation and determination, regardless of the obstacles in your way.
  • The Triangulated Value Strategy: Learn how to never quit three-feet from gold: The 3-pronged strategy in maximizing marketing yields while also illuminating the "quit or continue" decision.
  • and over 110+ more!
No dejes que la carrera de ratas y sus co-conspiradores proclamen que tu vida no es esencial. No permita que la carrera de ratas lo incite a salvar su vida con la promesa de una jubilación de ancianos. No permita que la carrera de ratas lo adormezca en una existencia tediosa medicada por la televisión, los videojuegos y los eventos deportivos triviales.

Vaya sin guión, escape de la carrera de ratas y gane su felices para siempre.

##### DESCARGAR CAPÍTULOS DE MUESTRA
>>> Si desea descargar las primeras 40 páginas, visite aquí.
View attachment 40258

View attachment 40257
¡Brilliant!
When will the book be in Spanish?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

stantechie

It’s never too late to hit the fast lane!
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 6, 2020
Vancouver
I've heard it (Audible), and it prompted me to re-listen to Unscripted and TMFL again.
It was cool to hear the same narrator from a previous book along with MJ in the TGRRE .

FreakyThomas

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jun 26, 2017
Nice, France
Of course I read it and I loved it. Thanks a lot. Turning TMF into a Story is powerful and very pleasant to read !

Ellenit

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Mar 12, 2021
I finished reading "The Great Rat Race Escape " last week. The format was very original, and it kept me hooked since I genuinely enjoyed the strategy parts but continued looking forward to the next story chapter. Phenomenal!
MJ has a captivating writing style full of humor, creativity, and wisdom. FIVE STARS!!!

Hitch-hiker

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jul 23, 2019
Poland
I finished the book yesterday. I really liked it. Now I will start all over again and read MFL again

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Not Most People

"If everyone else is doing it, its probably wrong"
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Jan 28, 2019
Scottsdale, AZ
Finished the book a little over a month ago. Probably my favorite so far because I found the order of the content and progression really made sense along with the story. Many parts were relatable for me and my fiance (who's currently a night shift nurse)

Cameraman

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Sep 25, 2021
UK
I've read the book and loved it. It was the intertwined story that really hooked me in; odd because I don't usually like or read fiction. It was reading the book that convinced me to try this forum and I'm so pleased that I did.

I'm now reading Unscripted and have it on my list to revisit MFL to see what I missed.

Thank you MJ

G

GuestR401x3

I listened to the book on audible, was super insightful, and learned a lot. It was slightly repetitive from his previous books but that's expected and was good for me to get his concepts inside my brain in a different form.

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri
Loved the continuity from the last book. The book still had double the value of Unscripted IMO.

1. Examples of how each step / principle would be acted / applied in real life.
2. The story exemplified that no matter how dire your situation looks, no excuses regarding family, age, occupational knowledge, etc, you can still be successful in a business.
3 .The fast lane is still faster than the slow lane, not matter how long you've been in the slow lane.
4. There was probably about 30% more info that wasn't included in Unscripted .

skykhai

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Oct 6, 2021
Finished it a few days ago. Couldn't put it down and every few pages I had revelations. The story has given me motivation to start carving out my own story. I feel like I'm too event-driven and should focus on the process. I got a long way to go but I'll take small steps and get there.

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
That's an awesome book. Really like how you integrate the story of the couple with your previous two books. Have you thought of creating a movie out of it?

Kanoly

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Mar 25, 2021
I just finished reading the book. This is a masterpiece.
The fiction part is pure gold, applying book concepts to a story helped me visualize a path in front of me.
Rereading it while trying to apply those concepts one by one.
I regret that I didn't find out of MJs books earlier :)

Feuertaufe

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 26, 2021
Germany
Read the kindle version! I really enjoyed it, especially the story of the couple. I have to look into TUM TAM again. It´s new to me. I definitely recommend all three books to friends who are interested in business.

Coder2020

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 23, 2019
Australia
I've read The Great Rat Escape!

My favourite chapter is The Choosing Happiness Strategy. It's actually my favourite out of the three of your books.

VK1001

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Oct 26, 2021
I loved the book, especially its unorthodox format with the side-plot of the Trotman family.

Doug Smith

Changing Lanes
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 27, 2016
Detroit, Mi
I've read the Great Rat Race Escape !

Excellent follow-up to Unscripted . I wasn't sure how I'd feel about the fictional part of it but I loved it. So many times I found myself nodding my head, having experienced similar things when I was married.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I loved the book, especially its unorthodox format with the side-plot of the Trotman family.

I've read the Great Rat Race Escape !

Excellent follow-up to Unscripted . I wasn't sure how I'd feel about the fictional part of it but I loved it. So many times I found myself nodding my head, having experienced similar things when I was married.

I've moved this to the official "I've Read" thread. Thanks for sharing.

Spino

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jan 26, 2019
I have read (listened) to the book on Audible
It's a good reminder of the principles but not as good as The Millionaire Fastlane in my opinion

Chrissie

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Oct 30, 2021
The book is a must-read for everybody contemplating starting a business.

emclean

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Dec 7, 2019
I've listened to it and enjoyed it a lot. There was people being critical of the book as being reruns of TMFL and Unscripted . I thought there was much of the same information as well but find it hard to be critical. All three books are extremely entertaining and provide valuable information in different ways. I enjoyed all 3 books and how they come across and deliver a point thru different story lines. I now am going back and listening to the other books.
I might be a little biased since I have lived in the northwest suburbs of Chicago my whole life and enjoy the geographical references.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I've listened to it and enjoyed it a lot. There was people being critical of the book as being reruns of TMFL and Unscripted . I thought there was much of the same information as well but find it hard to be critical. All three books are extremely entertaining and provide valuable information in different ways. I enjoyed all 3 books and how they come across and deliver a point thru different story lines. I now am going back and listening to the other books.
I might be a little biased since I have lived in the northwest suburbs of Chicago my whole life and enjoy the geographical references.

I find it funny when people say "its the same information" -- so, I'm supposed to change my entire philosophy and strategy? Am I supposed to drop the CENTS framework and adopt a new one?

A lot of things stay the same because the strategy is transcendent and works -- it doesn't shift and meander according to cultural whims and trends. This is why TMF still is relevant today TEN YEARS after it was written... because the framework in which it is based upon stands the test of time. So yes, a lot of my work will ALWAYS be the same, because it freaking works. I'm I stand by what I write, today, yesterday, and ten years ago.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.