The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

MetaMorph

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Mar 24, 2023
The GREAT RAT RACE ESCAPE was awesome! I actually listened to the Audiobook version and hearing the story behind the Trotmans' unscripted journey was incredibly inspiring (I found myself rooting for them during the ups and downs and feeling further inspired in my own aspirations). Narration was great and excellently produced. Thank you MJ!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Chet Shen

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jun 6, 2022
Sydney
If you read THE GREAT RAT RACE ESCAPE , please post here!

I'm happy to announce that my next full length book (444 pages, 16 hours Audible) is now available with a release date of Tuesday June 29th, 2021.

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

UNSCRIPTED - The Great Rat Race Escape : From Wage Slavery to Wealth, How to Start a Purpose Driven Business and Win Financial Freedom for a Lifetime
(Yes, really long but I was able to get to work on the cover!)

By all appearances, Jeff and Samantha Trotman are living the American Dream. But behind the white picket fence, they endure an American Nightmare. With little time for each other, a pile of debt, and Ferrari taste on a Ford budget, the ruse of affluence is killing them. Two respectable jobs and a lovely suburban house paint a pretty picture, but behind the ink is a broken marriage rife with meaningless work and dead dreams. And now, with an unplanned pregnancy, they’re facing a mid-life crisis twenty years early.

With little time and looming bankruptcy, the Trotmans are forced to face the red-pill truth they long denied: They were living, but they weren’t alive. Determined to resurrect their life and their marriage, the Trotmans plot a rat-race escape—only to find themselves more thickly in it.

As tensions rise and hope fades, follow along step-by-step as the Trotmans pivot to a new strategy and a new career: starting a business as entrepreneurs.

While they navigate their journey, you’ll learn 120 wealth-building strategies and principles that your mainstream financial guru won’t dare reveal—actionable concepts that will help you profit your way into the Unscripted 1%, an emerging economic class of entrepreneurs who enjoy a lifetime of freedom emancipated from miserly living and Wall Street's "save, pray, and wait" paradigm. Discover how one family escapes the rat-race grind and wins a lifetime of financial freedom, leaving behind the tyranny of meaningless jobs and mediocre living— and how you can too.

• The Bad Math Principle: Why most people will never escape the rat-race, much less earn financial freedom.
  • The 1/5/10 Strategy: How this one simple exercise will unearth your ultimate dream life while establishing a decision framework for its reality
  • The Honeypot Principle: Why the financial media's "invest a $100/mo for 40 years in indexed-funds" narrative is part of the same rat-race scheme, just a different side of the same rigged coin.
  • The Dual Change Strategy: The two divergent sides of change and how it can make you a fortune.
  • The Value Skew Strategy: How to find literally 1000s of business ideas and why you never need to "disrupt" or invent anything new or novel.
  • The Millionaire Payday Strategy: How to spot opportunities to hire yourself and earn an instant millionaire-making income.
  • The Cinderella Principle: Why starting a business based on a cultural trend or a fad is a horrible idea.
  • The Perseverance Strategy: Never struggle with motivation again; the four necessary ingredients to tap into unlimited motivation and determination, regardless of the obstacles in your way.
  • The Triangulated Value Strategy: Learn how to never quit three-feet from gold: The 3-pronged strategy in maximizing marketing yields while also illuminating the "quit or continue" decision.
  • and over 110+ more!
Don’t let the rat-race and its co-conspirators proclaim your life as non-essential. Don’t let the rat-race entice you to save your life away for the promise of an elderly retirement. Don’t let the rat-race lull you into a tedious existence medicated by television, video games, and trivial sporting events.

Go Unscripted , escape the rat-race, and win your happily-ever-after.

##### DOWNLOAD SAMPLE CHAPTERS
>>> If you'd like to download the first 40 pages, visit here.
View attachment 40258

View attachment 40257
I've read it. It has been very nice!

Nicolayyyy

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jan 16, 2023
France
Hello,
Just finished the book. I really liked the invented story mixed with your experience and your life.
Thank you very much!

LiveFire

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jun 17, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I have started reading today "The Great Rat Race Escape ". My approach to reading this book will be vastly different than usual previous readings. Because I am engaged already in reading other books (1 book every 2 weeks) toward my own personal development that support my short and long term goals, this book allows me the opportunity to read it in (many) daily bites until I have it consumed. I refer to this as "Incremental Reading". Consistency and discipline lead to the result.

The structure of the book is perfect as each Chapter/Section/Sub-Section topic is broken down into just a few pages each that can be consumed in 5-15 minutes depending on how you read, think, or study content in a book. In just minutes of this time box, there is not a reason to miss out on setting aside a small block of time to do this. Should something get in the way during the day, 5-15 minutes is much easier to schedule back in to get back on track. In this approach, it will require over 120+ days of reading, but I have acquired that discipline to be able to do it based on previous readings.

I keep in mind that the "ant doesn't consume the whole apple at once, but one bite at a time until it has the whole apple". It will be one bite at a time until 440 pages of "The Great Rat Race Escape " are acquired.

A plan always should account for contingency and I do take a day off from reading to let the mind just relax. In all, it may take 140 days end-to-end on the calendar, but once I complete, I will provide the actual date of completion (targeting sometime in August 2023) back to this group.

Day 1 reading complete.

LF

ericaprsn

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Mar 30, 2023
Just finished it. I haven't yet read Unscripted as I wanted to go ahead and read the newest book after finishing TMF . But it's definitely on my list! At this point I'm a fan who will likely read everything MJ publishes. Even though I'm not in the fastlane yet, my mindset shift is significant enough that I have a solid go-forward plan and no doubt that within the next few years I will absolutely be there! Yes to the fastlane and No to the rat race!

Bohemi

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Oct 28, 2022
Roskilde, Denmark
just finished The Great Rat Race Escape . Have read Unscripted first, then TMF and thought that this third book couldn't tell me much more. Damn was I wrong about that!

Brilliant, nothing more than brilliant, and this book has provided me with a new way to look at the world, with excitement and purpose. I really don't know where this road is going to take me, but I know that I am on a journey of a lifetime.

Thank you again @MJ DeMarco

steven91

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Nov 5, 2014
Ive Read the book, Such a notable one as it really nails down all the negative traits and habits many have, real eye opener

TheFero

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Apr 4, 2023

I'm happy to announce that my next full length book (444 pages, 16 hours Audible) is now available with a release date of Tuesday June 29th, 2021.

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

UNSCRIPTED - The Great Rat Race Escape : From Wage Slavery to Wealth, How to Start a Purpose Driven Business and Win Financial Freedom for a Lifetime

By all appearances, Jeff and Samantha Trotman are living the American Dream. But behind the white picket fence, they endure an American Nightmare. With little time for each other, a pile of debt, and Ferrari taste on a Ford budget, the ruse of affluence is killing them. Two respectable jobs and a lovely suburban house paint a pretty picture, but behind the ink is a broken marriage rife with meaningless work and dead dreams. And now, with an unplanned pregnancy, they’re facing a mid-life crisis twenty years early.

With little time and looming bankruptcy, the Trotmans are forced to face the red-pill truth they long denied: They were living, but they weren’t alive. Determined to resurrect their life and their marriage, the Trotmans plot a rat-race escape—only to find themselves more thickly in it.

As tensions rise and hope fades, follow along step-by-step as the Trotmans pivot to a new strategy and a new career: starting a business as entrepreneurs.

While they navigate their journey, you’ll learn 120 wealth-building strategies and principles that your mainstream financial guru won’t dare reveal—actionable concepts that will help you profit your way into the Unscripted 1%, an emerging economic class of entrepreneurs who enjoy a lifetime of freedom emancipated from miserly living and Wall Street's "save, pray, and wait" paradigm. Discover how one family escapes the rat-race grind and wins a lifetime of financial freedom, leaving behind the tyranny of meaningless jobs and mediocre living— and how you can too.

• The Bad Math Principle: Why most people will never escape the rat-race, much less earn financial freedom.
  • The 1/5/10 Strategy: How this one simple exercise will unearth your ultimate dream life while establishing a decision framework for its reality
  • The Honeypot Principle: Why the financial media's "invest a $100/mo for 40 years in indexed-funds" narrative is part of the same rat-race scheme, just a different side of the same rigged coin.
  • The Dual Change Strategy: The two divergent sides of change and how it can make you a fortune.
  • The Value Skew Strategy: How to find literally 1000s of business ideas and why you never need to "disrupt" or invent anything new or novel.
  • The Millionaire Payday Strategy: How to spot opportunities to hire yourself and earn an instant millionaire-making income.
  • The Cinderella Principle: Why starting a business based on a cultural trend or a fad is a horrible idea.
  • The Perseverance Strategy: Never struggle with motivation again; the four necessary ingredients to tap into unlimited motivation and determination, regardless of the obstacles in your way.
  • The Triangulated Value Strategy: Learn how to never quit three-feet from gold: The 3-pronged strategy in maximizing marketing yields while also illuminating the "quit or continue" decision.
  • and over 110+ more!
Don’t let the rat-race and its co-conspirators proclaim your life as non-essential. Don’t let the rat-race entice you to save your life away for the promise of an elderly retirement. Don’t let the rat-race lull you into a tedious existence medicated by television, video games, and trivial sporting events.

View attachment 40258
Finished as of last night. Main lesson will be no more consuming - time to start learning by doing and producing.

strlym

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 7, 2023
Philippines

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

• and over 110+ more!

View attachment 40258

View attachment 40257
I've finished this book yesterday. After binge-reading all of your books, I can say I will never read those popular financial books the same ever again. Thank you so much, MJ!

bottomG

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Apr 16, 2023
Totally recommend for everyone to re-read every single one of the once over.

Brass Pockets

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 26, 2023
UK
I've read The Great Rat Race Escape

Great read about real problems people face in life and getting started finding and growing their own Fastlane

Lyzmin

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Jan 30, 2023
Amsterdam, Netherlands
I’ve just finished TGRRE . Loved it!
Next week I’m reviewing my markings and notes and will give ‘feedback’ if I can think of something.

Of the 3 books I love ‘Unscripted ’ the most.
To me it’s such a execution focused book to apply and go forth on.

Thank you @MJ DeMarco. Looking forward to your future book with Unscripted stories! You’ve given me a extra goal in my unscripted journey: be able to email Mj with my story and be able to thank him through my actions.

Much love from Holland!

danbucknam

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Mar 22, 2016

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

• and over 110+ more!

View attachment 40258

View attachment 40257
Read the great rat race escape . Reading unscripted now! Both are extremeley enlightening.

Beerbread

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Dec 2, 2019
New Jersey
I read it a while back and it was nice to see the lessons in both MF and Unscripted come to life!

0liver

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 25, 2023
Was recommended this book and boy am I glad I read it… I feel a new kind of motivation, a feeling of success actually be possible and achievable.

Joining the forum to hear other’s stories and advice. Any recommendation on which of MJ’s other books to read next? (Will be reading them all eventually)

MJ Kim

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 25, 2023
Hi! My name is MJ Kim and today I signed up for this forum. I have read The Great Rat Race Escape , the Korean-translated version. It's one of the best-selling books in Korea, and thanks to your books I have made up my mind to prepare for the second chapter of my life; starting my own business. BTW, your book has two error parts: one is the Korean alphabet issue (which is critical) and the other one is the quotation mark issue (wrong location). I think you should let the Korean publishing team know about this. I've never seen these types of errors in printed books. @MJ DeMarco

Attachments

• KakaoTalk_20230426_150506021.jpg
    KakaoTalk_20230426_150506021.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 3
  • KakaoTalk_20230422_144229678.jpg
    KakaoTalk_20230422_144229678.jpg
    553.2 KB · Views: 3

paulnav

PARKED
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 28, 2023

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

• and over 110+ more!

View attachment 40258

View attachment 40257
Read the book!

AdamRyanUK

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Apr 7, 2023
Read the book!
finished it - loved the story element and the narrator on audible is good. I had a discussion with my partner last night who thinks chickens don't have emotions and are just for eating so that was kind of funny after listening to the book.

Awakened2022

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Jan 14, 2023
finished it - loved the story element and the narrator on audible is good. I had a discussion with my partner last night who thinks chickens don't have emotions and are just for eating so that was kind of funny after listening to the book.
I too have read the book.The fiction element truly got me hooked.

Dingy

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Apr 12, 2023
Just finished reading it. I loved how you incorporated a story into it for extra perspective on how FE will go

OptimizingCENTS

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 30, 2023
I read all the Trotman chapters first. I really liked the planning and the struggles they had to overcome.

After finishing the fictional story, I came across the IDEA - 8 Eyewear: From Idea, to Launch, to Growth (And Quitting the Job) thread here on the forum. This amazing thread chronicles the real-life struggles of @Vick creating the Eight Eyewear Sunglasses brand ( Eight Eyewear Sunglasses )

I re-read the book cover to cover after that and finished it today.

Both these stories really drive home the fact that the Fastlane is not easy. These stories connected the dots for me from all three books.

I have completed my 1/5/10 Planasy and calculated my escape number. Next step is finding a Productocracy where I can provide real value to as many people as possible.

Last edited:

pscientist

PARKED
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 3, 2023

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

• and over 110+ more!

View attachment 40258

View attachment 40257
I'm currently reading this one. The fiction novel part makes sense MJ. I find it inspiring. Thank you.

Katherine

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Mar 11, 2019
Singapore
Read the book some time back. Re-reading again to remind myself! Thanks for the awesome book @MJ DeMarco

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.