The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Victory!

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jul 27, 2022
This was honestly my favorite book out of all 3. I loved how each fictional section is followed with an elaboration of the concepts presented in that section, the fictional and non-fictional sides of the book are juxtaposed very well. The book kept me hooked and wanting to figure out what happens next with the Trotmans. Looking forward to MJ's first entirely fictional book!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

Guest111683

If you read THE GREAT RAT RACE ESCAPE , please post here!

I'm happy to announce that my next full length book (444 pages, 16 hours Audible) is now available with a release date of Tuesday June 29th, 2021.

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

UNSCRIPTED - The Great Rat Race Escape : From Wage Slavery to Wealth, How to Start a Purpose Driven Business and Win Financial Freedom for a Lifetime
(Yes, really long but I was able to get to work on the cover!)

By all appearances, Jeff and Samantha Trotman are living the American Dream. But behind the white picket fence, they endure an American Nightmare. With little time for each other, a pile of debt, and Ferrari taste on a Ford budget, the ruse of affluence is killing them. Two respectable jobs and a lovely suburban house paint a pretty picture, but behind the ink is a broken marriage rife with meaningless work and dead dreams. And now, with an unplanned pregnancy, they’re facing a mid-life crisis twenty years early.

With little time and looming bankruptcy, the Trotmans are forced to face the red-pill truth they long denied: They were living, but they weren’t alive. Determined to resurrect their life and their marriage, the Trotmans plot a rat-race escape—only to find themselves more thickly in it.

As tensions rise and hope fades, follow along step-by-step as the Trotmans pivot to a new strategy and a new career: starting a business as entrepreneurs.

While they navigate their journey, you’ll learn 120 wealth-building strategies and principles that your mainstream financial guru won’t dare reveal—actionable concepts that will help you profit your way into the Unscripted 1%, an emerging economic class of entrepreneurs who enjoy a lifetime of freedom emancipated from miserly living and Wall Street's "save, pray, and wait" paradigm. Discover how one family escapes the rat-race grind and wins a lifetime of financial freedom, leaving behind the tyranny of meaningless jobs and mediocre living— and how you can too.

• The Bad Math Principle: Why most people will never escape the rat-race, much less earn financial freedom.
  • The 1/5/10 Strategy: How this one simple exercise will unearth your ultimate dream life while establishing a decision framework for its reality
  • The Honeypot Principle: Why the financial media's "invest a $100/mo for 40 years in indexed-funds" narrative is part of the same rat-race scheme, just a different side of the same rigged coin.
  • The Dual Change Strategy: The two divergent sides of change and how it can make you a fortune.
  • The Value Skew Strategy: How to find literally 1000s of business ideas and why you never need to "disrupt" or invent anything new or novel.
  • The Millionaire Payday Strategy: How to spot opportunities to hire yourself and earn an instant millionaire-making income.
  • The Cinderella Principle: Why starting a business based on a cultural trend or a fad is a horrible idea.
  • The Perseverance Strategy: Never struggle with motivation again; the four necessary ingredients to tap into unlimited motivation and determination, regardless of the obstacles in your way.
  • The Triangulated Value Strategy: Learn how to never quit three-feet from gold: The 3-pronged strategy in maximizing marketing yields while also illuminating the "quit or continue" decision.
  • and over 110+ more!
Don’t let the rat-race and its co-conspirators proclaim your life as non-essential. Don’t let the rat-race entice you to save your life away for the promise of an elderly retirement. Don’t let the rat-race lull you into a tedious existence medicated by television, video games, and trivial sporting events.

Go Unscripted , escape the rat-race, and win your happily-ever-after.

##### DOWNLOAD SAMPLE CHAPTERS
>>> If you'd like to download the first 40 pages, visit here.
View attachment 40258

View attachment 40257
I read this book in January; thank you! It was a great book.

Rex Wee

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Nov 6, 2017
Taiwan

I'm happy to announce that my next full length book (444 pages, 16 hours Audible) is now available wth a release date of Tuesday June 29th, 2021.

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

UNSCRIPTED - The Great Rat Race Escape : From Wage Slavery to Wealth, How to Start a Purpose Driven Business and Win Financial Freedom for a Lifetime

By all appearances, Jeff and Samantha Trotman are living the American Dream. But behind the white picket fence, they endure an American Nightmare. With little time for each other, a pile of debt, and Ferrari taste on a Ford budget, the ruse of affluence is killing them. Two respectable jobs and a lovely suburban house paint a pretty picture, but behind the ink is a broken marriage rife with meaningless work and dead dreams. And now, with an unplanned pregnancy, they’re facing a mid-life crisis twenty years early.

With little time and looming bankruptcy, the Trotmans are forced to face the red-pill truth they long denied: They were living, but they weren’t alive. Determined to resurrect their life and their marriage, the Trotmans plot a rat-race escape—only to find themselves more thickly in it.

As tensions rise and hope fades, follow along step-by-step as the Trotmans pivot to a new strategy and a new career: starting a business as entrepreneurs.

While they navigate their journey, you’ll learn 120 wealth-building strategies and principles that your mainstream financial guru won’t dare reveal—actionable concepts that will help you profit your way into the Unscripted 1%, an emerging economic class of entrepreneurs who enjoy a lifetime of freedom emancipated from miserly living and Wall Street's "save, pray, and wait" paradigm. Discover how one family escapes the rat-race grind and wins a lifetime of financial freedom, leaving behind the tyranny of meaningless jobs and mediocre living— and how you can too.

• The Bad Math Principle: Why most people will never escape the rat-race, much less earn financial freedom.
  • The 1/5/10 Strategy: How this one simple exercise will unearth your ultimate dream life while establishing a decision framework for its reality
  • The Honeypot Principle: Why the financial media's "invest a $100/mo for 40 years in indexed-funds" narrative is part of the same rat-race scheme, just a different side of the same rigged coin.
  • The Dual Change Strategy: The two divergent sides of change and how it can make you a fortune.
  • The Value Skew Strategy: How to find literally 1000s of business ideas and why you never need to "disrupt" or invent anything new or novel.
  • The Millionaire Payday Strategy: How to spot opportunities to hire yourself and earn an instant millionaire-making income.
  • The Cinderella Principle: Why starting a business based on a cultural trend or a fad is a horrible idea.
  • The Perseverance Strategy: Never struggle with motivation again; the four necessary ingredients to tap into unlimited motivation and determination, regardless of the obstacles in your way.
  • The Triangulated Value Strategy: Learn how to never quit three-feet from gold: The 3-pronged strategy in maximizing marketing yields while also illuminating the "quit or continue" decision.
  • and over 110+ more!
Don’t let the rat-race and its co-conspirators proclaim your life as non-essential. Don’t let the rat-race entice you to save your life away for the promise of an elderly retirement. Don’t let the rat-race lull you into a tedious existence medicated by television, video games, and trivial sporting events.

View attachment 40258

View attachment 40257

I finished reading The Great Rat Race Escape .

Thanks, MJ!

JaaYu

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 30, 2022
Love the new story and how I can actually somewhat relate to starting a new business instead of just being told what to do without all the important problems behind successful story.

Bonnarp

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Apr 16, 2022
Read it! I have read all 3 books but the princibles and strategies from TGRRE was the easyest to absorb from this book. Great work!

Ryan_38

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Aug 3, 2020
Jersey
Awesome! This is genuinely one of the best books I have ever read. MJ has done an incredible job of combining fiction and non-fiction whilst keeping it entertaining and informative from start to finish. The strategies and principles are all so helpful. I've learnt a lot from this one, thanks MJ!

AlexH

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 6, 2017
Germany
While reading Unscripted in 2017 I was developing my first small business. Thanks to You Mr. DeMarco I was able to read TGRRE from an unscripted /fastlane person perspective. Thank You!

I loved the book, the positive message and the innovative writing style and I also listened to the audiobook version, mostly while driving my Mercedes SUV which I paid for in CASH :smile2:

newmillionaire

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Aug 8, 2022

I'm happy to announce that my next full length book (444 pages, 16 hours Audible) is now available with a release date of Tuesday June 29th, 2021.

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

• and over 110+ more!

View attachment 40258

View attachment 40257
Read this one straight after Millionaire Fastlane . Loved it!!

Fms

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Jan 5, 2020
I read it, and I’ve bought about six copies for family and friends- I can only hope they get out of it what I got out of it. My copy has all manner of flags hanging out, notes inside, and a spreadsheet of other notes. I would say a couple things:

- I found several typos which I should probably write up, not that it really matters. The most glaring is the “lost principle principle”, which should be the “lost principal principle” (memory device: money and the guy running the school are your pals, so it’s princiPAL. An idea is a principle).
- I think it was probably done as a dramatic device, but I worry about the lack of communication between the Trotmans on money. He was allowing her to experience a lot of unnecessary anxiety toward the end of the book.

Keelham

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
May 28, 2022
United Kingdom
Absolutely loved the book and if that bit about you writing thrillers is true @MJ DeMarco i can't wait to read your first one i love your writing style, and intrigued about the thriller aspect. thank you very much for these books and forum its a literal life saver for me personally so thanks. On to the next wealth exsposed.

Edit: I learnt some hard truths about my self after reading this book. At the same time my friend is on the same Entrupunreship journey heading for a follow your passion thing and buy equipment without even taking action. so i told him that he needed to read this book it will help in so many ways. To that my reply was this image.

Attachments

• 20220817_221307.jpg
    20220817_221307.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Bought both the book and the audible version, just finished now. Thank you, MJ for another great book!

Chr0mat1c

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 28, 2019

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

• and over 110+ more!

View attachment 40258

View attachment 40257
I read the great rat race escape and loved it! Great stuff. Entertaining as much as it is educational.

Makaveli7

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Jul 26, 2018
Read it and listened to it. The story format helped the principles click. Thank you!

Matesrate24

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
May 30, 2022
the UK
Studied it. If I ever decide to launch a business, this will be my go-to guide. 5/5; I'll tell my family and friends about it.

araknid

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Sep 4, 2022
Read this a few months ago. The interleaved story was good, I actually laughed out loud a few times.

Mhesh

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Sep 11, 2021
Seattle
One of the most historical books I’ve ever read??? All 3 books of @MJ DeMarco should on Forbes magazine and website??? But people have no idea!! You can’t tell someone your GPS is going the wrong direction!!!! I wish they would understand; how it’s a printed blueprint on your hands!!!! Is like power is out on your hands???? Ohh my???? Thanks you @MJ DeMarco God bless you!!!

Mhesh

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Sep 11, 2021
Seattle

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

• and over 110+ more!

View attachment 40258

View attachment 40257
I’ve read it and have the book, lend it to a friend!!! I want it back lol

MarcusRich

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Jul 13, 2022
Indiana
I completed Rat Race Escape and enjoyed it a lot. Naturally there is some overlap with his other books, having the story mingled with the lessons was a fun and deeply engaging way to enjoy the content.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.