The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Coexi

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
May 8, 2022
Philippines
If you read THE GREAT RAT RACE ESCAPE , please post here!

I'm happy to announce that my next full length book (444 pages, 16 hours Audible) is now available with a release date of Tuesday June 29th, 2021.

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

UNSCRIPTED - The Great Rat Race Escape : From Wage Slavery to Wealth, How to Start a Purpose Driven Business and Win Financial Freedom for a Lifetime
(Yes, really long but I was able to get to work on the cover!)

By all appearances, Jeff and Samantha Trotman are living the American Dream. But behind the white picket fence, they endure an American Nightmare. With little time for each other, a pile of debt, and Ferrari taste on a Ford budget, the ruse of affluence is killing them. Two respectable jobs and a lovely suburban house paint a pretty picture, but behind the ink is a broken marriage rife with meaningless work and dead dreams. And now, with an unplanned pregnancy, they’re facing a mid-life crisis twenty years early.

With little time and looming bankruptcy, the Trotmans are forced to face the red-pill truth they long denied: They were living, but they weren’t alive. Determined to resurrect their life and their marriage, the Trotmans plot a rat-race escape—only to find themselves more thickly in it.

As tensions rise and hope fades, follow along step-by-step as the Trotmans pivot to a new strategy and a new career: starting a business as entrepreneurs.

While they navigate their journey, you’ll learn 120 wealth-building strategies and principles that your mainstream financial guru won’t dare reveal—actionable concepts that will help you profit your way into the Unscripted 1%, an emerging economic class of entrepreneurs who enjoy a lifetime of freedom emancipated from miserly living and Wall Street's "save, pray, and wait" paradigm. Discover how one family escapes the rat-race grind and wins a lifetime of financial freedom, leaving behind the tyranny of meaningless jobs and mediocre living— and how you can too.

• The Bad Math Principle: Why most people will never escape the rat-race, much less earn financial freedom.
  • The 1/5/10 Strategy: How this one simple exercise will unearth your ultimate dream life while establishing a decision framework for its reality
  • The Honeypot Principle: Why the financial media's "invest a $100/mo for 40 years in indexed-funds" narrative is part of the same rat-race scheme, just a different side of the same rigged coin.
  • The Dual Change Strategy: The two divergent sides of change and how it can make you a fortune.
  • The Value Skew Strategy: How to find literally 1000s of business ideas and why you never need to "disrupt" or invent anything new or novel.
  • The Millionaire Payday Strategy: How to spot opportunities to hire yourself and earn an instant millionaire-making income.
  • The Cinderella Principle: Why starting a business based on a cultural trend or a fad is a horrible idea.
  • The Perseverance Strategy: Never struggle with motivation again; the four necessary ingredients to tap into unlimited motivation and determination, regardless of the obstacles in your way.
  • The Triangulated Value Strategy: Learn how to never quit three-feet from gold: The 3-pronged strategy in maximizing marketing yields while also illuminating the "quit or continue" decision.
  • and over 110+ more!
Don’t let the rat-race and its co-conspirators proclaim your life as non-essential. Don’t let the rat-race entice you to save your life away for the promise of an elderly retirement. Don’t let the rat-race lull you into a tedious existence medicated by television, video games, and trivial sporting events.

Go Unscripted , escape the rat-race, and win your happily-ever-after.

##### DOWNLOAD SAMPLE CHAPTERS
>>> If you'd like to download the first 40 pages, visit here.
Finished Great Rat Race Escape

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

rami.s

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Apr 21, 2022
I have read, thank you, very helpful in story format. It gets the ideas and concepts to sink deep.

D

Deleted106527

Finished it today!
While the constant switch between story and facts took some getting used to, I was amazed at how good the story was. I found myself really getting involved with the characters. Looking forward to more like this!

Myatt

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
May 14, 2022
Thanks MJ. I have read the Great Rat Race Escape . The parts that hit home the most for me right now are:
  1. Solve the problem right in front of you. After feeling overwhelmed by taking a shot at coming up with a business idea, I read "The More You Do, The Better You Feel." It's a book about overcoming procrasitnation, and it has helped a lot.
  2. The chapter where Ryan builds a cat gym. It's not scalable, but it helps someone now. It gets him feeling more confident about selling things, and brings in a little cash.

VivaciousVipin

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Jan 22, 2021
India
Completed The Great Rat Race Escape a month ago, posting here now.

Loved the genre MJ has created and enjoyed reading it.

From knife startup to soup, liked how Trotmans built their CENTS business.

Thanks again, MJ :)

Riaan

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Feb 13, 2018
South Africa

I'm happy to announce that my next full length book (444 pages, 16 hours Audible) is now available with a release date of Tuesday June 29th, 2021.

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

UNSCRIPTED - The Great Rat Race Escape : From Wage Slavery to Wealth, How to Start a Purpose Driven Business and Win Financial Freedom for a Lifetime

By all appearances, Jeff and Samantha Trotman are living the American Dream. But behind the white picket fence, they endure an American Nightmare. With little time for each other, a pile of debt, and Ferrari taste on a Ford budget, the ruse of affluence is killing them. Two respectable jobs and a lovely suburban house paint a pretty picture, but behind the ink is a broken marriage rife with meaningless work and dead dreams. And now, with an unplanned pregnancy, they’re facing a mid-life crisis twenty years early.

With little time and looming bankruptcy, the Trotmans are forced to face the red-pill truth they long denied: They were living, but they weren’t alive. Determined to resurrect their life and their marriage, the Trotmans plot a rat-race escape—only to find themselves more thickly in it.

As tensions rise and hope fades, follow along step-by-step as the Trotmans pivot to a new strategy and a new career: starting a business as entrepreneurs.

While they navigate their journey, you’ll learn 120 wealth-building strategies and principles that your mainstream financial guru won’t dare reveal—actionable concepts that will help you profit your way into the Unscripted 1%, an emerging economic class of entrepreneurs who enjoy a lifetime of freedom emancipated from miserly living and Wall Street's "save, pray, and wait" paradigm. Discover how one family escapes the rat-race grind and wins a lifetime of financial freedom, leaving behind the tyranny of meaningless jobs and mediocre living— and how you can too.

• The Bad Math Principle: Why most people will never escape the rat-race, much less earn financial freedom.
  • The 1/5/10 Strategy: How this one simple exercise will unearth your ultimate dream life while establishing a decision framework for its reality
  • The Honeypot Principle: Why the financial media's "invest a $100/mo for 40 years in indexed-funds" narrative is part of the same rat-race scheme, just a different side of the same rigged coin.
  • The Dual Change Strategy: The two divergent sides of change and how it can make you a fortune.
  • The Value Skew Strategy: How to find literally 1000s of business ideas and why you never need to "disrupt" or invent anything new or novel.
  • The Millionaire Payday Strategy: How to spot opportunities to hire yourself and earn an instant millionaire-making income.
  • The Cinderella Principle: Why starting a business based on a cultural trend or a fad is a horrible idea.
  • The Perseverance Strategy: Never struggle with motivation again; the four necessary ingredients to tap into unlimited motivation and determination, regardless of the obstacles in your way.
  • The Triangulated Value Strategy: Learn how to never quit three-feet from gold: The 3-pronged strategy in maximizing marketing yields while also illuminating the "quit or continue" decision.
  • and over 110+ more!
Don’t let the rat-race and its co-conspirators proclaim your life as non-essential. Don’t let the rat-race entice you to save your life away for the promise of an elderly retirement. Don’t let the rat-race lull you into a tedious existence medicated by television, video games, and trivial sporting events.

View attachment 40258

View attachment 40257
Ive listened to The Great Rat Race Escape !!!

Roscher

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
May 29, 2022
Hi All I read the book about a month ago and it gave me New hope and a kick in the Butt to get going ( 3 weeks later and I know my escape number and my money system is being revamped). my Online end to end manufacturing solution for prototypes to end production and parts.). Using additive and subtractive manufacturing. Still lots to figure out but I'm taking it one day at a time. Thank you for sharing this life changing info. I have to ask is the story based on a true event op people? R Roscher

jstn2907

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Dec 10, 2021
Germany
I just started reading a few days ago and I'm already at about 70% because I just can't stop reading. Of all the MJ DeMarco books, this is my favorite, even though all the books are 10/10. It's all the more a shame that it's in the worst condition of my MJ DeMarco books, the pages are already falling out.

ArmanK

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Apr 30, 2022

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

• and over 110+ more!

View attachment 40258

View attachment 40257
I listened to it on audible first and now have the physical copy.

Wonderful idea of storytelling to teach cold hard truth!

Thank you MJ for producing yet another fantastic resource filled with so much value.

Muusa

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Feb 15, 2022
Paraguay
I have finished The Great Rat Race Escape . The book has such a unique and great format, I personally think it is my favourite of MJ's books due to the wonderful story and business insights. Thanks MJ

Tammyanne

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jun 18, 2017
San Diego, CA
Just finished it on Audible. I hope the fact that you added a story will help me remember the laws, if anything it kept it interesting. But who gives someone 11 minutes to sell their farm MJ .
maybe the wife lo

I enjoyed it too!

rymf

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Dec 11, 2020
Poland

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

• and over 110+ more!

View attachment 40258

View attachment 40257
I've read it some time ago and I literally cried when the pig story kicked in at the end haha

Haris101

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
May 20, 2022
I’ve read the great rat race, wow 3 amazing books after read all 3 if anyone wants to read just 1 book read unscripted if not read the rat race aswell amazing story with heard and Sam..

Eduardo475

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 2, 2017
Mexico

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

• and over 110+ more!

View attachment 40258

View attachment 40257
I read the book and I loved it!!!

Madd

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Oct 24, 2015
Finished reading alst year already but missed the post here. Love this book (maybe also because of the story)!

Alessandros

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Oct 3, 2021
Germany
I've read RRE again. It is much easier to read than Unscripted , but similar to TFM, and has a big fun factor when the story with the Trotmans unfolds.

It is like a big case study, you can compare the Trotman's thinking and acting with the relevant principles when the story develops. The Honeypot Principle really blows my mind again (it's similar stated in TFM). So it is not enough to invest in shares as an employee or just as a saver, because you need large numbers in order to weaponize compound interest. But nevertheless every dollar is a freedom fighter for financial independence, so you can start as an employee/saver (with the intention to prepare for fastlane).

Another inspiring thing is the explanation of the Critical Path and when an action is an action-fake. It will help to focus and to make more progress.

I guess that I am now an Unscriptee on Level 1 (see principle 9). Now I want to go to Level 2 !

TedFastlane473

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jun 22, 2022
I have listened to the Audible version of "The Great Rat Race Escape " and love how it has a fictional story that accurately describes how a struggling couple with miserable jobs manages to successfully build their own business and get the life they dreamed of. I also bought a hard copy to use as a reference manual with this ongoing unscripted journey.

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
I loved the fact that there is a story we project ourselves into the characters. Thank you for this book MJ

financemailer

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Mar 31, 2022

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

• and over 110+ more!

View attachment 40258

View attachment 40257
I've read the Great Rat Race Escape , and it was amazing!! It's practical and full of info I needed.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.