The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've read both MF and Unscripted but I'm lost...

Joker_P5R

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Feb 4, 2020
Hi Everyone and thanks to MJ to have created this forum.
A slice of heaven to me.

I'm Alessio, 34, from Italy.
As you see in my title, I read both books, Millionaire Fastlane and Unscripted .
But I'm lost... because I cannot find my way, my personal Fastlane.

I feel deeply trapped by this job, because it's not a simple 9to5 job but it need a lot more hours. Every Friday start at 9 am and finish at 9 pm, when not lately.
After reading both MJ's books, I studied copywriting and marketing, during the free time of my dayjob.
Truth to be told, more than money I'm really searching for a way to use my skills to help people.
But I don't want to fall into IM traps, building a course that an avid crowd of wannabe entrepreneur will buy... to do nothing. I don't want to be the next guru that teach copywriting and he isn't a copywriter...

I have some ideas to help people like write useful books, starting my copywriting professional business to help micro entrepreneurs, start some affiliate marketing niche-blog to help people (I already made the research about the right niche).

But I'm feeling lost... If I remember what MJ wrote into books, especially books and affiliate marketing are, indeed, business driven by money and not by a real motivation...
So I'm stuck and I don't know what to do.

Any help for me from elder forum users?

Thanks a lot to all

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
A slice of heaven to me.

As you see in my title, I read both books, Millionaire Fastlane and Unscripted .
But I'm loss... because I cannot find my way, my personal Fastlane.

I feel deeply trapped by this job, because it's not a simple 9to5 job but it need a lot more hours. Every Friday start at 9 am and finish at 9 pm, when not lately.
After reading both MJ's books, I studied copywriting and marketing, during the free time of my dayjob.
Truth to be told, more than money I'm really searching for a way to use my skills to help people.
But I don't want to fall into IM traps, building a course that an avid crowd of wannabe entrepreneur will buy... to do nothing. I don't want to be the next guru that teach copywriting and he isn't a copywriter...

I have some ideas to help people like write useful books, starting my copywriting professional business to help micro entrepreneurs, start some affiliate marketing niche-blog to help people (I already made the research about the right niche).

But I'm feeling loss... If I remember what MJ wrote into books, especially books and affiliate marketing are, indeed, business driven by money and not by a real motivation...

Thanks a lot to all
Welcome to the forum Alessio. It is not unusual to feel lost, especially when starting this journey. As you read through the many GOLD and NOTABLE threads in this forum, you'll see many examples of how people worked through this initial stage and on to success.

I recommend you find the threads, "Read Millionaire Fastlane " and similar one for UNSCRIPTED . Drop a comment so you get the tag that tells everyone you read the books. It helps everyone to know you understand the language of the Fastlane.

Don't get too frustrated at feeling lost early on. This will pass as you see and explore needs that you can fill. Lastly, at the risk of stealing another contributor's thunder, help someone.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
A slice of heaven to me.

But I'm feeling loss... If I remember what MJ wrote into books, especially books and affiliate marketing are, indeed, business driven by money and not by a real motivation...

Thanks a lot to all
I cannot imagine myself starting a side business while working 9-9.

I thought process will be as follow. How much pay cut are you going to have to bear with if you move into an easier 9-5 job? Can you still pay your bills?

There are plenty business opportunities there other than affiliate marketing or ebooks.

Joker_P5R

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Feb 4, 2020

I thought process will be as follow. How much pay cut are you going to have to bear with if you move into an easier 9-5 job? Can you still pay your bills?

There are plenty business opportunities there other than affiliate marketing or ebooks.

hmmm, let's say around 700/800 eur.
but I'll be on the rope to pay bills

Joker_P5R

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Feb 4, 2020

Kevin,
please consider that starting a business in Italy is not so easy or fast.
There is a fiscal system that is strictly bureaucratic, need to pay huge amount of taxes on hypotetic revenue of your company or activity, even before to place your first product on an ecommerce.

If you want to start your own business, you have to pay 4500 eur in advance for taxes, hope that you have a revenue and hope to not hit the higher tax bracket at the minimum otherwise you will be charged of 48% taxes on your revenue + 22% on the expect revenue for the next year.

Assuming you start-up an ecommerce: 1st January you pay 4500 eur taxes + all costs to set up the ecommerce. Let's suppose you pay 10k for ecommerce costs and 4500 taxes.
You are lucky and your revenue is 75,000 euros at December 31st, 2020.

On 2021 you have to pay 36.000 eur taxes for higher tax bracket you hit on 2020 + 16.500 in advance to be paid for expect revenue of 2021 (they expect your revenue starts from 75k you already got in 2020) . Let's assume that your revenue at Dec 31st, 2021 is 100.000 euros: you have to pay 5.500 euro more taxes on 2021 revenue, in addition to 16.500 already paid..

two years of business and you paid almost 70% of your revenue in taxes. Then you have to pay your suppliers and operational costs...

RealDreams

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jun 22, 2018
A slice of heaven to me.

Thanks a lot to all
Ciao Alessio.

Se hai delle skills monetizzabili e domandate nel mercato puoi sempre creare un business utilizzando quest'ultime.

Prima di avviare qualsiasi business però pensa se sarai in grado di distaccarti da esso e renderlo autonomo, senza la necessità di un tuo intervento costante per tenerlo in vita.

Prima pensa alla vita che vuoi vivere, poi pensa a quello che devi fare per arrivarci.

Joker_P5R

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Feb 4, 2020
Ciao Alessio.

Se hai delle skills monetizzabili e domandate nel mercato puoi sempre creare un business utilizzando quest'ultime.

Prima di avviare qualsiasi business però pensa se sarai in grado di distaccarti da esso e renderlo autonomo, senza la necessità di un tuo intervento costante per tenerlo in vita.

Prima pensa alla vita che vuoi vivere, poi pensa a quello che devi fare per arrivarci.

Ciao Vic

pensarci è l'ultimo dei miei problemi
ci ho già provato e fallito più di una volta.

Ed imparato sulla pelle che lanciarsi nel buio in un'attività imprenditoriale è affascinante ma economicamente una follia.

Joker_P5R

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Feb 4, 2020
Ciao Alessio.

Quantomeno: a me rende molto frustrato il dayjob ma in qualche modo devi pur mangiare. E abbandonare tutto per lanciarti in un sogno, per quanto sia affascinante, è economicamente un suicidio. Te lo dico perché l'ho provato.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...