The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've made millions online - ask me anything!

TurboTT

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
May 22, 2013
anyway you can get affiliate traction? approaching companies with complementary lines of business, etc.? that's the cheapest way to expand, since you only pay for success.

There isnt really an affiliate I could use for this. I can try more free online ads etc or maybe get a few bloggers to post here and there, but its tough to get a blogger to want to post anything on your company without them wanting something in return and like I said Im about tapped out financially.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

21elnegocio

WholeFlips Wholesaling Houses Virtually
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
Anyone know how much does it cost to ship a envelope that is around 9x11 through stamps.com here in the states ? OR how does stamps.com work does the monthly charge cover all you can ship in that 1 month ?

TedM

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
May 21, 2013
Israel
its tough to get a blogger to want to post anything on your company without them wanting something in return
yeah, but aren't you selling something? Contact people in your niche, offer them money if they get you customers from their list. You pay when you see results.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Anyone know how much does it cost to ship a envelope that is around 9x11 through stamps.com here in the states ? OR how does stamps.com work does the monthly charge cover all you can ship in that 1 month ?

Read the thread, the OP is not into ecommerce or selling physical products. Why da heck are you posting your questions related to ecommerce/offline products in this thread?

Go create a thread in the right section and I am sure people will be happy to give you some pointers.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
If you had a site aimed at helping people overcome depression without the use of medication, your knowledge is through nutrition, exercise, supplements, cognitive, etc. and had it for 11 years yourself but conquered it, your skills are basic html and a little wordpress, what would be the clearest path to monetize that site?

Through recommending certain supplements and getting a commission?
Developing your own supplement?
Creating programs that people pay to sign up for that takes them through a "course"?

What would Limitup do in that situation (I know there is no right answer) or have you seen anyone else in that niche making a ton of money with a real product that solves needs (I don't want to make a BS product).

... Create a landing page, create a ebook, sell the ebook, give it away for 1 or 2 people every week (if they promise to leave a review and they like/share the page on FB).

Since you already have traffic on your site, just place banners on your site and funnel the traffic to that lander.

From there you can eventually launch on JVzoo and CB and even promote via FB ads.

:tiphat:

TurboTT

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
May 22, 2013
yeah, but aren't you selling something? Contact people in your niche, offer them money if they get you customers from their list. You pay when you see results.

I offer a service in the shipping industry.

TedM

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
May 21, 2013
Israel
I offer a service in the shipping industry.
Ok - so find people who service that industry: truck part suppliers; packaging manufacturers; shipping industry SW developers - it all depends on what you offer, but there are certainly people/companies who supply the industry and don't conflict with your service.

jvl269

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jun 19, 2013
Im from Asia and my idea is that most internet success usually happens in the US. What can you say about this?

TedM

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
May 21, 2013
Israel
Im from Asia and my idea is that most internet success usually happens in the US. What can you say about this?
Learn what is successful in the US and see if you can apply it in your country. There may be ideas that have been hugely successful that have not yet penetrated your area.

I know here, in Israel, there is one premier student of Bill Glazer/Dan Kennedy. He has the direct marketing arena all to himself...

jpa0827

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Feb 13, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
. I hate creating actual content so in my case my products were often just re-packaged content I got from other sources (not PLR crap, but great content),

Is this done by being an affiliate? You are promoting someone else's book?

limitup

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
652%
Dec 30, 2012
San Diego
Sorry all, I was out of town for a bit then a few things came up out of nowhere and I just haven't been able to make it back. If one of the mods wants to delete all of the recent "off topic" posts and then lock the thread, I will be back soon to continue taking more questions ...

Iqen

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 28, 2011
Hey limitup, with the skillset you have, have you ever thought about buying ordinary businesses, improving their cashflows through superior marketing and their valuation (as a multiple of earnings) by adding systems & product/customer diversity and then selling?

itsjustbrian

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 27, 2012
Hey there, love the thread.

Curious... you've mentioned over and over how important a GREAT offer is. I know this too. But I'm curious how you go about identifying these great offers? What is your process, particularly if you are an affiliate?

T.Wong

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 29, 2013
Sorry all, I was out of town for a bit then a few things came up out of nowhere and I just haven't been able to make it back. If one of the mods wants to delete all of the recent "off topic" posts and then lock the thread, I will be back soon to continue taking more questions ...
Hi Limitup. Really appreciate what you're doing. I am new to the forum and new to the fastlane. And I have one simple question for you...

I have no prior experience in Internet marketing and SEO in general. Would you recommend going into the field in this day and age? My understanding is starting from niche websites due to lower startup cost, and a (hopefully) long lasting business. English is my second language (I wouldn't be a strong writer/content creater.) so I may look into it in the Chinese market. For the question however let's just suppose the English market.
Or should I be focusing my efforts elsewhere? (For example going into apps and/or marketing them.)

I know I should figure out my own path for myself. And this is a totally newbie question. But I really want to go take some action instead of pondering left or right. Furthermore I'd love to get advices from seasoned players.

Many, many, many thanks in advance!

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
With almost all of my projects in health, wealth and relationship niches, I generally paid anywhere from $1-5 per opt-in lead. I tracked everything to the penny so for example I knew exactly how much traffic from any particular source was worth. With my affiliates I would pay some affiliates $2 per lead and others $4 per lead because their lead quality was that much better. Again there is no right or wrong, or one-size-fits-all answer, to this kind of question.

How did you explain that to the affiliates before they signed up as an affiliate? Was it you gave the $2 if the lead didnt perform an action and $4 if they did perform an action? Was that action an actual purchase or just something to show they had more interest (like clicked an email link after sign up)

Im assuming if you have some affiliates your paying $2 and others $4 both were for leads that did not purchase anything from you....so again, curious to see what made you determine why some were worth around $2 and others double ($4). Also did you prove this to affiliates in any way so they didnt think you were just taking away some of their profits?

Thank you, interested to know.

Aivix231

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Dec 11, 2012
How did you explain that to the affiliates before they signed up as an affiliate? Was it you gave the $2 if the lead didnt perform an action and $4 if they did perform an action? Was that action an actual purchase or just something to show they had more interest (like clicked an email link after sign up)

Im assuming if you have some affiliates your paying $2 and others $4 both were for leads that did not purchase anything from you....so again, curious to see what made you determine why some were worth around $2 and others double ($4). Also did you prove this to affiliates in any way so they didnt think you were just taking away some of their profits?

Thank you, interested to know.

Im gonna jump in and answer.

he paid $1-$5 depending how well traffic converts and how much he got in profit, For example
If 2 guys send 100 leads , 1 guy made $110 , and other made $600, so you wont pay 1st guy $5 per lead, because you would lost $490 , but for other you can pay $5 per lead and get $100 profit and this guy will send more traffic because he get pretty nice cut.

Thats why he paid different for each guy. he just tracked all traffic from each affiliate and was able to see how much their traffic is worth

TedM

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
May 21, 2013
Israel
Would you recommend going into the field in this day and age?
Permit me to make an observation: people have been selling shoes for a thousand years, but there are still new shoe stores. There is always room for intelligently chosen and excellently executed businesses.

Having said that - leverage your language advantage: scour the Chinese speaking markets to see if there are things you can take from there to an English market - or, vice versa.

My father in law has always said, there are more good opportunities than people to take advantage of them. Start looking and you'll be amazed at what you will eventually find...(read Be My Guest by Conrad Hilton - and see the inspiration/understanding that led him to the hotel business..)

T.Wong

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 29, 2013
Permit me to make an observation: people have been selling shoes for a thousand years, but there are still new shoe stores. There is always room for intelligently chosen and excellently executed businesses.

Having said that - leverage your language advantage: scour the Chinese speaking markets to see if there are things you can take from there to an English market - or, vice versa.

My father in law has always said, there are more good opportunities than people to take advantage of them. Start looking and you'll be amazed at what you will eventually find...(read Be My Guest by Conrad Hilton - and see the inspiration/understanding that led him to the hotel business..)

Thanks for taking the time and answering. Gratitude.

I get what you are saying. I believe when I focus on my time and energy on this I'll reach my goal.
What I am still having doubts on is whether or not I should fully dive into internet marketing. Or perhaps another vehicle that may be faster for me to reach my goal.

I have an abundance mindset and believe there are money to be made and more than enough to go around, only for those looking for it. On the other hand I am just starting out and have no prior experience in any of the fastlane fields (namely IM and programming for apps).
So I feel like I don't have a correct gauge on what I should do, which industry to get into. And to be honest I was even scared at reading up too much in the forums and become overwhelmed.

Sorry for driving away the discussion here but ah I need to clear my head for now. :bgh::bgh: :bgh::bgh:

Viralweb

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jul 17, 2013
hey limitup. Thanks for all the great info.

Do you have any experience or thoughts on with marketing products to foreign niches? eg gemany or brazil?

openminded790

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jul 30, 2013
Hey man,

I can't believe you've been answering these questions for over a month. I've never seen an AMA like this before. You're seriously something. Just wondering if you have a course you offer or some coaching or any sort of training? For some reason I don't trust anyone in this industry because they hardly ever seem genuine in their advice.

How do you 'rip' someone elses landing page? I mean how do you find them in the first place? Just search for the niche or the product and see what comes up?

Thanks and best of luck with what ever you're doing now lol

D

Deleted17383

Thanks for doing this AMA. Much appreciated.

Create GREAT offer. Add value. Test, test test. Got it.

You mention a couple of times that you weren't active on forums. How and where did you find partners that could generate leads to you?

Also: what technique would you use to promote a high priced B2B product if you had let's say 1000 bucks to get going.

Thanks again

Brentnal

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jan 23, 2013
Netherlands/Sidewalk
If i can develop websites does that mean i can do seo,internetmarketing,eccomerce?
Or is each a speciality that you really need to learn?

I ask this question because i got a friend who is a boss at making websites he can teach me if i want to.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
What are the five major responses you got from customers after launch?

Liz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jun 1, 2013
South Africa
You must be very busy in your new business. I am sure there are many fastlaners that can not wait to see what you are doing now. Please keep us informed.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
how do you gain top ranking in affiliate niches? as we know that linkbuilding is like a blood for ranking keyword, so how did you do that ? :tiphat:

Try reading the thread.

OP is not into SEO.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
Hmmm...I hope Limitless is well. Looks like he's off the grid.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.