The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've lost my identity as person (Legendary follows...)

LateStarter

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Have you tried this plug-in? https://wordpress.org/plugins/comprehensive-google-map-plugin/

You can map multiple markers in a Geo mashup and have info bubbles where you can post the event details. It may not get you 100% of the functionality you're looking for but it seems like a good start.

What other resources are available in the industry to track these events now? Who is your competition or potential competition if they elect to implement a similar solution? Trade mags? Organization calendars?

It's a simple idea but also has low barriers to entry. If someone with a bigger following and more industry connections comes along they might easily put you under. So I'm just thinking about what barriers you could impose to differentiate yourself and have industry players contributing to your success instead of trying to duplicate it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Panamera Turbo S

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Feb 24, 2015
Hi all,

Just a semi rant/little bit of self loathing.

I am your normal 35 yr old, sidewalker-mid 30k job, house,friends and decent enough social skills.

I am currently single but quite proactive on a number of dating sites and I can get laid without too much effort.

However, Change is required after my last couple of dates..in particular the last one.

She was quite honestly a knockout and the dream woman, who could quite easily do some modelling and I think we got on pretty well. The date went fine and we've been texting since so I know she didnt think i was a complete tool.

Whilst on the date, we were talking about likes, dislikes and interests, hobbies and life experiences-It was then that I realised that I have no sense of conviction about whom I am, and bar some travelling I done back in my early 20's, I have lived a pretty mundane existance for the past 10 years.

Off course I was able to blurt out how I like to keep fit by going to the gym (and I do) but outside work and a couple of hours in the gym per day, I literally have no real interests or hobbies and worse of all..I dont feel strongly about ANYTHING else in particular..I'VE NO IDENTITY OR CONVICTIONS IN MY LIFE!!.. I even use other peoples misfortunes or behaviours to sneer at when trying to be funny.

Has anyone else experienced this or been there and went about rectifying whom they are as a person?

As I said earlier, I am the classic sidewalker whos literally one paycheck from broke, who has aspirations to make more money but never bloody does.

I would love some thoughts of your thoughts people.
Be sure of that, i am 21 and i have been like you. There are a lot to say honestly but i will gave you some advices. First understand that anything comes from your mind(beliefs create thoughts, thoughts create emotions, emotions create action and action create results). So first you have to change you belief system. Take a paper and write down clear who you are right now and where you want to be. Study your daily choices. Remember that processes create events so you have to change some of the things you are doing now. As MJ say: "look at your conveyor belt". The conveyor belt it moves, and it moves to a result. The stuff you put on it will guide you to a result. Regarding girls, probably the best book on this topic is "The mystery method" written by Erik Markovik. You can find it on Amazon, read it, learn it and practice. Financially i can tell you that if i would red MJ's book 2 years early...for sure i would be now retired. Read as much books as you can, "change your oil daily". The more you learn, the better. Take care my friend!

HyperFocus

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Jan 4, 2016
Amsterdam
Hi All,

Quick progress update-

Website is up and running, but to date it is not getting the required traffic or user engagement that I had hoped for.
The twitter side of things has actually been more 'successful' with some tweets getting 100+ impressions and approx 5 engaged views-i.e user clicks onto website.

The website is totally free for users to post their own events (think craigslist/gumtree) and the premise is that this will continue with revenue coming (further down the line) from paid advertisments.

I am currently researching SEO to make the site easier found on the likes of google etc-The actual website I appreciate is also not the most innovative but its also a work in progress as its the 1st wordpress site that I have made and I am trying to learn as I go along.

Health wise-I have been hitting the gym 4-5 times a week and feeling good for it.

Quick question guys-I know I need to start getting up at 6am to perhaps get the cardio out of the way before work- so i have more time available in the evenings- but has anyone any good ideas on getting a daily plan in order for better time management? What I mean by this is, I work 8am-5pm, by the time I get home and to the gym it is 6pm-Leave gym and showered by 7:30pm- By the time I cook and eat its say 8:30pm. If I have other menial things to do by the time I get ready for action its past 9 o clock and energy levels are low- Normally I cannot sleep until past 12 which means I really only get about 6.5 hrs sleep daily.

To make myself accountable to you guys here is my 2016 resolutions!

-Make the website an ongoing 'success'-For me this currently would initially equate to getting 1 unique/return visitor posting their upcoming events daily, then as a sliding scale up the postings to 5+ per day.
-Once the site has been consistently successful in regards to postings and engagement then I will be contacting businesses to advertise on the site and PPC- I know you may ask-why not do this now! Basically with little to no visitors I cant contact businesses and basically lie and tell them i get xxx amount of visitors daily.
- By the middle of 2016 I aim to earn through website and also by selling things on the likes of ebay enough money to cover my rent for the year (just over £6000). Identifying 1 or 2 products and importing from China I sense is most likely going to be the 'simpliest' way.
- Weight wise I am currently 105 kg (16.5 Stone)-Aim is to get down to 90KG (14 Stone). Already committed to hitting the gym and eating the right foods. I have also signed up for an assult course challenge/run early summer and intend on signing up for a couple of 10k runs later today.

Is anyone interested in creating a little motivational competition? What I mean is take for example my £6000 extra revenue goal and each of us committing to earn this by xx date and we can use this thread as an going motivational/accountable/progress report to increase our drive or save us when feeling we cant be arsed and just want to watch netflix :)

Any ideas message here.

Thanks for reading the ramblings of a slightly delirious and crazy irishman ha

Good stuff man

I cant believe how far you came. By reading the first post I thought you didnt REALLY wanted to change but u have showed more than what 90% would do in your situation.

If you keep going you for sure will besuccessful. Keep focussing on your spending, read "the only investment guide you ll ever need" from Andrew Tobias. Its a down to earth straight in your face knowledge on how to live below your means without sacrificing. Delayed gratification in order to have an easier future.

In april Ill start a new company and I dont mind competing with you. Im sure you will lose tho ;), am planning to make at least 500k within 1 year in profits. My goal for first month is 450€ in profit (maybe strange but I always set small goals while thinking big), eventually I want to make 90k-180k profit per month.

Good luck with your work out plans, Im sure u can do it. If u want to lose 15kg within 6 months u should eat much healthier too, cut heavily down on carbs in the first months, no sugar at all, no deepfried stuff, some fat. Then start eating bit more carbs 20-30% and ull see that u wont miss the sugar. Btw I would take 8-9 months to lose 15kg or even a year, its healthiest to lose 500gram max a week which is 3500 calories that u use more than u eat(500 a day).
I was at 108kg 3 years ago, i dropped to 91kg, then 8 months ago I was 97kh after I worked outta home for half a year sitting without working out.. I checked today and am 88kg with a lot more muscle. I lost the last 9 kg in couple months so easily without noticing just by eating healthy and working out - very easy once its a life style.
You already work out so it should be easier to gain muscle which will burn more calories.

oimate

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jul 8, 2015

oimate

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jul 8, 2015
Almost 2 weeks since my last post so thought i'd update on progress:

Gym and personal trainer going fine-Only lost a 1-2 pounds per week but I feel I am learning more and thinking more about my body and what I put into it so thats positive.

Also been getting 1-2 hours extra sleep per night so again I'm feeling the benefits of it.

Website wise things have taken a decline-Despite posting new events myself on the website and promoting on facebook and twitter, traffic has dried up to pretty much nothing. Dont get me wrong I know this is a journey and i was not going to have a hit website my my hands overnight but it has made me question the automated/sales side of the business.

The premise is that users can advertise for free their charity/fundrasing events and ultimately I'd then contact relavant industry businesses and offer advertisement spaces on the website/side bars etc.

I am now thinking off adding an extra page to the site and selling related equipment myself in an attempt to help drive more customers to the site and more importantly get some $$$ coming in.

Onwards and upwards

oimate

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jul 8, 2015
with the website, you have to keep trying things until something works. And, you can't let yourself get down in the process. Get as much feedback from experienced business people as possible, too. You may need to change the direction of your website in general.
Hi Jon,

Yes I think I need to seriously reconsider the premise of the website-It was basically to be a free to advertise website for users to post upcoming events and then the plan was to get related companies to advertise their products on the site. Its been going for a few months now and theres been pretty much no ppl posting their event (bar a couple of random ones offs). So yes there was a minute of glory when a couple of people visited the site and posted their event but in reality a more $$$ generating website is required.

Re-visiting the drawing board

LouieLouie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
268%
May 30, 2014
Fort Collins Colorado
Ive been settling into a new routine having just moved, and was on the fence wether to work out before my day job or after.

Your insight is Just what I needed!
I'll try early AM too

Thanks for sharing!!!

oimate

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jul 8, 2015
Progress update:

The website is still up and going an have made another sale from the site-The amount of visitors is increasing but the conversion rate is pretty bad-Even had a few add items to checkout only for them to go off site and not return-grr

I do probably need to work on the coding- I built the website with wordpress and use woocommerce for the sales side of things-To date apart from my most valuable commodity (my time) the website has not cost me any money.

I am also freelancing for another person which I know is eating at time I should really be using on my own website-But this is guaranteed £150 extra week for about 10 hrs and I am using it as experience for my own benefit-ie marketing,sales and playing about with google ads etc.

My concern about the website is that I cannot offer anything unique and I am ultimately just buying from a manufacturer and making a 10-20% mark up on items. The equipment is medical devices so it isnt anything that I have any knowledge within and I know the rules of entry are quite difficult as you can imagine(which is a good thing in some ways)

Fitness wise, the gym is getting hit 4 times a week(mornings) and I am feeling alot better. I am trying to ramp up the fitness and routines to prevent stagnation in weight loss and toning.

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
Progress update:

The website is still up and going an have made another sale from the site-The amount of visitors is increasing but the conversion rate is pretty bad-Even had a few add items to checkout only for them to go off site and not return-grr

I do probably need to work on the coding- I built the website with wordpress and use woocommerce for the sales side of things-To date apart from my most valuable commodity (my time) the website has not cost me any money.

I am also freelancing for another person which I know is eating at time I should really be using on my own website-But this is guaranteed £150 extra week for about 10 hrs and I am using it as experience for my own benefit-ie marketing,sales and playing about with google ads etc.

My concern about the website is that I cannot offer anything unique and I am ultimately just buying from a manufacturer and making a 10-20% mark up on items. The equipment is medical devices so it isnt anything that I have any knowledge within and I know the rules of entry are quite difficult as you can imagine(which is a good thing in some ways)

Fitness wise, the gym is getting hit 4 times a week(mornings) and I am feeling alot better. I am trying to ramp up the fitness and routines to prevent stagnation in weight loss and toning.

Good job! The grass is always greener. If you quit your freelancing then you can't eat. We're all learning alongside our slowlane jobs, building the foundations for our business. It's the path with a heart.

The path is filled with enemies ready to stop you. The first enemy is fear! Fear that you should quit freelancing because you'll never have time, but you have already cleared that fear by knowing it's building your web skills.

But don't remain clear too long, finish his website quicker and you'll become free quicker. Get the failures out of the way and take action. I have been more sociable in the past two and a half days than the past two and a half months (excluding these days). We're going to make it.

oimate

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jul 8, 2015
Creating a website and selling products is great, I've done it more than once but so have millions of others. Of course if you find the right secret sauce it can be a huge success.

You know what else can be a huge success? Getting laid, or rather advice on how to.

That's right, being single is BIG business. Mind you I really dislike the "players" scene and have read some of their books and some of them are extremely unethical, but there's also a lot of singles businesses that are simply out there to help other singles.

My point is everyone is different. I know you've taken the criticism well but someones checklist doesn't mean is has to be yours to "be great".
Ha thanks for the message bud. Interesting reading my 1st message which I posted November 15. Since then my love life has taken a good upturn and I am with a girl who I believe could be something special for the past 10 months. Whilst she's not fastlane as such she is quite successful in her career and if anything this has lead me to want to push myself on further.

TKDTyler

The Tea Guy
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Aug 25, 2014
Hey @oimate

How are things going for you after a year?

Cognitivelion

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 6, 2016
# character words
# concepts
# personas
These are usable ideas you can apply to your character with enough devotion.
I always study a word, and a concept for a week.
The words are applied to my character as I learn to understand them.
Example:humble
I practiced being humble for a week kept it in mind when I spoke ,and did things. It became locked into who I am.
Concepts are understanding the way connections are made, and using these to achieve your specific goal.
# tonality concept, a woman, a employer will be more likely to like you all based on the tone of voice you portray.
# tonality control of situation-the more tones you use the easier it will be to be found intesting by the person you are encountering, so you can take home more ladies ;)
Personas are in my own definition a combination of character traits to achieve a purpose.
Every personality trait is made of 2 or more other words such as: Bold=confident, and courageous . Your given an ability with each trait. Bold= the ability to take risks.
So you can take control of a situation and use a bold persona.
You can develop any endless number of personas for your own use.
I call people with control over this characterized.
A concept called mental cognition is the ability to make use of your brain to its highest potential.
X) enjoy yourself but don't forget you control who you become and why you do things is based on who you decide you want to be.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

HyperFocus

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Jan 4, 2016
Amsterdam
I got a great idea from a speech made by Frank Kern.

Design your perfect day.

What do you want to do every single day for the rest of your life?

Think long and hard about it. Your purpose, what you really want to do with your life will reveal itself if you don't already know.

Then start doing it, piece by piece.

I love this! Check my thread about habits, its about this. Im very curious what you have to say!

oimate

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jul 8, 2015
Good luck with your work out plans, Im sure u can do it. If u want to lose 15kg within 6 months u should eat much healthier too, cut heavily down on carbs in the first months, no sugar at all, no deepfried stuff, some fat. Then start eating bit more carbs 20-30% and ull see that u wont miss the sugar. Btw I would take 8-9 months to lose 15kg or even a year, its healthiest to lose 500gram max a week which is 3500 calories that u use more than u eat(500 a day).
I was at 108kg 3 years ago, i dropped to 91kg, then 8 months ago I was 97kh after I worked outta home for half a year sitting without working out.. I checked today and am 88kg with a lot more muscle. I lost the last 9 kg in couple months so easily without noticing just by eating healthy and working out - very easy once its a life style.
You already work out so it should be easier to gain muscle which will burn more calories.

Thanks for the message Hyper-When at the gym yesterday I got speaking to one of the instructors who offered me a free personal trainer session-Christ I'm aching today haha. However i'm aching in a good way.

I have been constantly going to the gym for about a year now and much like my life I guess I was on autopilot and not particularly measuring my progress- I had been doing the same machines,classes,excerises etc until last night- As 2016 is thee year of life progress I think I am going to sign up for 2 months personal training and absorb all the info he gives me so I can use this to sculpt and change my body that i've been 'trying' to change for sometime now.

I do know that the biggest key is changing is diet and sleep so with all 3 combined I am 100% certain that even come 6 months time there will be measurable changes.

PS If you accept the making money challenge-Prepare to fail ha

HyperFocus

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Jan 4, 2016
Amsterdam
Thanks for the message Hyper-When at the gym yesterday I got speaking to one of the instructors who offered me a free personal trainer session-Christ I'm aching today haha. However i'm aching in a good way.

I have been constantly going to the gym for about a year now and much like my life I guess I was on autopilot and not particularly measuring my progress- I had been doing the same machines,classes,excerises etc until last night- As 2016 is thee year of life progress I think I am going to sign up for 2 months personal training and absorb all the info he gives me so I can use this to sculpt and change my body that i've been 'trying' to change for sometime now.

I do know that the biggest key is changing is diet and sleep so with all 3 combined I am 100% certain that even come 6 months time there will be measurable changes.

PS If you accept the making money challenge-Prepare to fail ha

Haha that is great. Yea I agree with you, set goals of what u want to achieve while staying happy with what you are already doing.

And also remember that good enough is good enough. Just cardioing 3x a week for 25 minutes makes you healthier than 90% of people.
Of course its good to have higher goals but also realize what u are doing is already great.

Also losing weight is for most part influenced by the food you eat so spend more time focussing on what you eat than at doing the optimal gym routine.
We only have a certain amount on brainpower each day so spend it wisely !

Btw I just started a book on Willpower by a Stanford professor: "the willpower instinct". It also discusses how doing good gives u permission to do bad. It talks about how to have more willpower (works like a muscle) and how most people misunderstand it and even tho sometimes try hard do things counter productive. Could be useful for you because I can tell you are doing a lot, might be smart to understand how you can use your energy best.

oimate

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jul 8, 2015
Btw I just started a book on Willpower by a Stanford professor: "the willpower instinct". It also discusses how doing good gives u permission to do bad. It talks about how to have more willpower (works like a muscle) and how most people misunderstand it and even tho sometimes try hard do things counter productive. Could be useful for you because I can tell you are doing a lot, might be smart to understand how you can use your energy best.

Thanks for the suggestion-I downloaded it last night and the book is actually really fantastic-I especially love i believe around 36/37 where she creates the picture of what happens during the fight or flight stage and how our body is subscously reacting and preparing our body for action whilst we are focussing on whether to run or not.

Alot of books I have read lately have highlighted the benefits of meditation and controlled breathing with its benefits to increasing focus and willpower etc throughout the day-I am going to start early morning meditation and yoga and stick with it to get me set for the day ahead.

As mentioned earlier (in I believe Andy B's post)-I downloaded the fastlane audio book on amazon and have been listening to it on my commute to work etc (as opposed to mindlessly listening to the latest bieber song ha) and he is so right! Listening to it and MJ speaking does give me at least a very different perspective to the book and makes it seem more 'real' and perhaps even more motivational in the sense that HELL THIS SHIT IS POSSIBLE!!

In fact anything is possible proivided we resist temptation and focus on the goal as opposed to some immediate gratification.

HyperFocus

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Jan 4, 2016
Amsterdam
Thanks for the suggestion-I downloaded it last night and the book is actually really fantastic-I especially love i believe around 36/37 where she creates the picture of what happens during the fight or flight stage and how our body is subscously reacting and preparing our body for action whilst we are focussing on whether to run or not.

Alot of books I have read lately have highlighted the benefits of meditation and controlled breathing with its benefits to increasing focus and willpower etc throughout the day-I am going to start early morning meditation and yoga and stick with it to get me set for the day ahead.

As mentioned earlier (in I believe Andy B's post)-I downloaded the fastlane audio book on amazon and have been listening to it on my commute to work etc (as opposed to mindlessly listening to the latest bieber song ha) and he is so right! Listening to it and MJ speaking does give me at least a very different perspective to the book and makes it seem more 'real' and perhaps even more motivational in the sense that HELL THIS SHIT IS POSSIBLE!!

In fact anything is possible proivided we resist temptation and focus on the goal as opposed to some immediate gratification.

Very cool. Ive stopped reading it because it stressed me out too much, pretty heavy and serious knowledge. I will continue reading once a week as she recommended.

Her page on fight or flight mode was to display that our instincts are also good, having no fear would be awful, having too much self control too, but nowadays most people have too little. The points I got out of the book before I stopped reading are:

(On how to build more willpower)

-exercise, even if its just 5min (I suggest 25-30min cardio hehe)
-meditate daily, after 8 weeks ur prefrontal cortex grows stronger
-have moments of relaxation
-sleep enough
-increase your heartbeat variation by breathing in and out 3 times per minute is according to her the fastest way to create immediate willpower

She also wrote that distractions leads you to give in much quicker, I noticed that yesterday when I thought about eating an icecream, I almost grabbed it when someone asked me a question which distracted me, then I realized this and thought about if I wanted it, I realized that I didnt so I didnt buy jt.

+ that stress is bad because it drains your energy but everybody already knows that.

Because of this book I will start to meditate. Ive already started to wake up at 6 then work out and read copying the self made billionaires

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
Thanks for the link-what the writer is saying is 100%-our struggles determine our successes!
Not exactly. It's actually "what are you willing to overome, endure and give in order to achieve what you want and before you ask for what you want".

oimate

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jul 8, 2015
Not exactly. It's actually "what are you willing to overome, endure and give in order to achieve what you want and before you ask for what you want".

Thats the beauty of literature-Everybody takes whats relevant to themselves;)

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
Thats the beauty of literature-Everybody takes whats relevant to themselves;)
You can say "he wants you to suffer and struggle" but is that really? Does that world view benefit you or does it put you down the hole of depression? ;)
It's about giving massive value first, and not everybody will be strong, disciplined or determined enough to go all the way. It's about being process-oriented rather than event-oriented as MJ puts it.

Sent from my SM-E500H using Tapatalk

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Hi Jon,

Yes I think I need to seriously reconsider the premise of the website-It was basically to be a free to advertise website for users to post upcoming events and then the plan was to get related companies to advertise their products on the site. Its been going for a few months now and theres been pretty much no ppl posting their event (bar a couple of random ones offs). So yes there was a minute of glory when a couple of people visited the site and posted their event but in reality a more $$$ generating website is required.

Re-visiting the drawing board
yeah that kind of website would be a tough sell - Facebook already has this functionality built in. You'd probably have to focus on a small niche or something, but even then...

I'd suggest PMing a couple people you trust on here with your next idea to get their feedback on it before you invest a lot of time into building it. (If you post it in a public forum, people will steal the idea)

There's something out there for you. You will find it eventually, if you keep at it.

oimate

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jul 8, 2015
Ive been settling into a new routine having just moved, and was on the fence wether to work out before my day job or after.

Your insight is Just what I needed!
I'll try early AM too

Thanks for sharing!!!

Hows the early mornings working out for you?

StevieB

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Jan 23, 2016
Hi all,

Just a semi rant/little bit of self loathing.

I am your normal 35 yr old, sidewalker-mid 30k job, house,friends and decent enough social skills.

I am currently single but quite proactive on a number of dating sites and I can get laid without too much effort.

However, Change is required after my last couple of dates..in particular the last one.

She was quite honestly a knockout and the dream woman, who could quite easily do some modelling and I think we got on pretty well. The date went fine and we've been texting since so I know she didnt think i was a complete tool.

Whilst on the date, we were talking about likes, dislikes and interests, hobbies and life experiences-It was then that I realised that I have no sense of conviction about whom I am, and bar some travelling I done back in my early 20's, I have lived a pretty mundane existance for the past 10 years.

Off course I was able to blurt out how I like to keep fit by going to the gym (and I do) but outside work and a couple of hours in the gym per day, I literally have no real interests or hobbies and worse of all..I dont feel strongly about ANYTHING else in particular..I'VE NO IDENTITY OR CONVICTIONS IN MY LIFE!!.. I even use other peoples misfortunes or behaviours to sneer at when trying to be funny.

Has anyone else experienced this or been there and went about rectifying whom they are as a person?

As I said earlier, I am the classic sidewalker whos literally one paycheck from broke, who has aspirations to make more money but never bloody does.

I would love some thoughts of your thoughts people.

Creating a website and selling products is great, I've done it more than once but so have millions of others. Of course if you find the right secret sauce it can be a huge success.

You know what else can be a huge success? Getting laid, or rather advice on how to.

That's right, being single is BIG business. Mind you I really dislike the "players" scene and have read some of their books and some of them are extremely unethical, but there's also a lot of singles businesses that are simply out there to help other singles.

My point is everyone is different. I know you've taken the criticism well but someones checklist doesn't mean is has to be yours to "be great".

Madman1996

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Oct 9, 2017
Netherlands
What you're experiencing is a lack of purpose. As such, life is lived like a piece of driftwood floating down a river where your day's momentum is not dictated by you, but by inertia. As a result, the tides of gratification is what leads you down the river.

The answer to breaking free from the current is to find a purpose that carries your soul outside the tides of life-- the place where few people live and die.
I know this is a old thread MJ but you said in such a perfect way and I definitely see my self in this position Right now this made me crying like a baby Which I normally never do

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.