The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've lost Control...

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

AlphaWulf

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Aug 8, 2016
This is killing me...

I've always tried to make sure to keep in control of my business and this morning woke up to terrifying news.

Screen%20Shot%202017-01-18%20at%201.04.32%20PM.png

My whole internet business is now at a standstill! Every single webpage, landing page, video hosting page, is all on clickfunnels. Their service has been down for 5 hours and my whole business is just sitting here bleeding advertising cash.

I've always been careful to make sure that I am in control of my business but with an internet business, THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE.

There is no way that I'm able to take control of the web hosting companies and video hosting companies. I thought I had everything figured out. Not I realize, all it takes is ONE (1) service to go down to bring everything to a halt.

This isn't mean to be a rant post.

I'm putting this here to warn you that some things are just out of your control. Yes, I gave up some control by trusting Clickfunnels. BUT, any webhosting service that you utilize with always have that control over you and your business.

It's 99% inevitable that at least one service is going to go down (hopefully temporarily) and you have to do everything that you can do be ready for it. That may include having savings saved up to cover your expenses for as long as the service is down.

I have 2 questions for you guys.

1) What extra strategies do you guys take to keep control of your internet business?
2) Do you think it's even possible to maintain 100% control when it comes to the internet?

Have a great day,
Good luck with your businesses :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.
You can self host. Puts control mostly back in your hands.

However, most web hosts have like a 99.99% uptime rate. And I bet you couldn't achieve that self hosting.

Honestly, I would just write it off as a business risk. Have your whole site backed up locally, so if clickfunels one day disappears you can reupload to a new server within hours.

Darius

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Apr 8, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
1. Backups / Better hosting (not sure how good click funnels is - never used them) / monitoring (so I know when they go down)
2. Not unless you control the internet. All you can do is mitigate your risk and try not to put too many eggs in one basket.

Coalission

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jan 8, 2014
My wife was using Clickfunnels up until a couple of weeks ago and I told her to cancel it and put in the work to have more control over her businesses. Actually gonna send her the link to this thread.

It wasn't even for this reason you experienced, but because all of your data is on their server, all of your customers' information, all of their billing information, all of your conversion data, A/B test results, etc.

They even have videos about "funnel hacking", you think if you run 6 figures a day in revenue through their service they won't look at what you're doing?

It's a good service for beginners to get their feet wet and not have to learn the technical stuff on the backend, but get with hosting fanatics like Liquid Web or Kinsta (if using Wordpress) + Pingdom is the answer.

Like MJ says, control is one of the biggest things in your business, always be looking for possible leaks in your business, possible single points of failure, and always be asking what if? What if Amazon bans me? What if my merchant account decides tomorrow that they no longer want to do business with me, and hold my funds for 90-180 days? What if my email provider shuts me down? What if my supplier goes out of business or rips me off?

It sucks but I think it eventually happens to everyone and you'll learn from it, just another business battle scar to toughen you up.

Scuur

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Jan 9, 2017
stonington
A2 hosting my friend get the vps as well. You will not regret it.

AlphaWulf

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Aug 8, 2016
It wasn't even for this reason you experienced, but because all of your data is on their server, all of your customers' information, all of their billing information, all of your conversion data, A/B test results, etc.

They even have videos about "funnel hacking", you think if you run 6 figures a day in revenue through their service they won't look at what you're doing?

Do you really think they would even bother funnel hacking their own users? They boast having 30,000 paying members. Their lowest plan is $97 monthly so that's 2.9 mil gross per month.

Coalission

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jan 8, 2014
Do you really think they would even bother funnel hacking their own users?

"Clickfunnels, Inc." may not, but Eric (fictional name) in Tech Support who's tired of making $15/hr and always wanted to start his own business might. Or the 3 webmasters might get curious. Or a rogue employee who just got fired might extract all of your data onto a USB stick and spam the shit out of all of your customers at best, commit credit card fraud under your company name at worst.

I don't doubt Russell Brunson has integrity and as far as I know, has a great reputation. Can't say the same about all the faceless employees in the background I don't know about who may also have access to all the data.

*This complete post is purely opinion, and meant for entertainment purposes.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.